1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW. That's an awesome pic:
HTBats.jpg

I want everyone to take notice around the crotch area in elljays pics...that loose saggy look is gone. Elljay knew what was up and must've pushed the suit upwards to get rid of the problem.

For real the pics make the figure SHINE.

I agreed with you, up until the Keaton comment. I for one, although I enjoy B v S for what it is, I was hugely disappointed that Batman was physically bigger than Supes, and that he was an "old, grizzled, veteran". Why Bats would be closer to the end of his career when he first meets the rest of the Justice League is beyond me. But I enjoyed it for what it is, and for sure, it was the best live-action Batman represented on screen. Totally fine that you would be bothered by the choices, but that said, you should also HATE the Keaton Batman movies. At least Snyder is a comic fan. Tim Burton was very proud of his lack of comic knowledge and experience, and it showed. I'm much happier with a Batman who is a little too big, versus Batman who is a tiny 165-lb millionaire.

I don't see how people would have a problem with Batman being taller, bigger than Superman. Superman's strength and power is derived from his exposure to our sun, technically speaking he wouldn't have to be built like a body builder to be super-strong. Batman however is human, and has pushed himself to be the best he can be physically. I also think that Superman not being stupidly large (muscle-wise) helps him when he's plain, old Clark Kent... if he was bursting the seams of his suit, it would be noticed!

Also, don't agree with Melkiorjunior's comments about Batman NEVER being depicted as being bigger than Superman, i'm sure you would find thousands of examples if you looked – it's all down to individual artists really... some draw Batman lean, some draw him as a beast – and the same for Superman.

That's what I'm gonna do. I feel like I only need one Superman and I want to get the rest of the league.

I would do the same, but I'm confident that the Superman we get in JL will have the black suit. I'm sure that will be a must have regardless, but I still wanted a "traditional" Superman in the blue suit.

So any ideas why the regular version has not popped up on ebay? It seems that only the two special versions were released.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

So any ideas why the regular version has not popped up on ebay? It seems that only the two special versions were released.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Because it's not out for another couple of weeks. There are four different editions altogether.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I would do the same, but I'm confident that the Superman we get in JL will have the black suit. I'm sure that will be a must have regardless, but I still wanted a "traditional" Superman in the blue suit.

He does though! it's nearly identical to the BvS costume, just without the light blue around the chest emblem and cuff bits... has some new details like the ab sections and a bit of a different haircut.

13692784_10209239329393444_7161275535906711924_o.jpg

I don't see how people would have a problem with Batman being taller, bigger than Superman. Superman's strength and power is derived from his exposure to our sun, technically speaking he wouldn't have to be built like a body builder to be super-strong. Batman however is human, and has pushed himself to be the best he can be physically. I also think that Superman not being stupidly large (muscle-wise) helps him when he's plain, old Clark Kent... if he was bursting the seams of his suit, it would be noticed!

Also, don't agree with Melkiorjunior's comments about Batman NEVER being depicted as being bigger than Superman, i'm sure you would find thousands of examples if you looked – it's all down to individual artists really... some draw Batman lean, some draw him as a beast – and the same for Superman.

I wouldn't say I have a problem with it, I was simply disappointed in the choice. Everyone understands the reasons for Supes' powers, but it's no different than collectors' disappointment in the SSC DC comic figures. And I have, and LOVE those figures as well!. I don't claim to have every comic with Batman and Superman in them, but in all the ones I have (which is quite a lot), I've never seen Batman drawn to be bigger and taller than Superman. Same size at best, but certainly never bigger.
In any case, this figure looks fantastic. It's just a question of which Supes to keep to pair up beside him. B v S Superman is clearly a better figure than MOS, but anyone who isn't happy about the size difference has a choice. At the same time, this Batman is awesome enough to be posed all by his beastly self!

Back