Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Thank you so much for that info! :yess:

Makes the MMS67 even more valuable to me now :)

Would love to see this figure get the DX treatment. Such an awesome suit. :pray:

I really hope they don't do a 1/4 scale. 1/4 is too big IMO

Hey all, it's been awhile since this figure and the MMS 67 OC bats were released. Has anyone's opinion changed on which is / was the better Batman figure?

this is a awesome figure, it is just a shame how I only started collecting this year... the price's on this figure is just.. wow... I HOPE hot toys come out with another 1/6 begins suit version.. I already got the DX12, Joker 2.0, bane and Catwoman on preorder >.< sigh so hard to find it in australia...

OK, this guy has been in my display ever since I’ve had him; straight from SS (I still have his box with brown mailer). I’ve been one of the lucky few to never have a problem with a broken right ankle and I have had him in the Harness look (like he came) the whole time as well. I have only removed a few of his accessories, a couple of hands, ski mask, and his grapple gun from the box, everything else has never been removed. He’s been in a neural pose, so no rips, stress marks or cracks in his suit and he stays dust free.

I bought a second body that someone had drilled a broken right wrist peg out of and the seller even put in a free “NEW” wrist peg to prove to me that it worked perfectly. I bought an extra set of BW/BB gauntlets, and even a pair of BW/BB hands (got one more wrist peg too) to keep the gauntlets from slipping off. Then off EBay I bought a pair of BW/BB boots. The right boot had the broken socket, but the seller rolled the boot down, removed the broken foot, and customized a True Type foot to replace it. The only difference now is the BW/BB foot peg is a little small for it so I put some blue tack on the end of the peg to keep it from turning so easy, but it stays on even without it. The top of the boot looks a little stretched, but you’d have to really look at it to notice; the left boot is fine.

So I have a mint, but lose SDCC Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins complete with a second body I’ve never used (put any of the accessories from the set on), that includes gauntlets, one set of hands (with wrist pegs), and a set of boots (right boot is repaired) with foot pegs. Enough pieces between the two (one being the complete BW/BB set) can make two complete figures, Bruce Wayne in the training suit with Harness and Ski mask, and Batman in his “Batman Begins” suit.

I’ve been thinking of trying to stick to one movie and since I have the DX2 Batman the Dark Knight, and the DX11 2.0 Joker that maybe I could sell my Complete BW/BB figure with the extra body and accessories to try and get the two figures that would finish the Dark Knight line-up, Lt. Gordon, and Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

Before I try I’d like to ask if anyone thinks it’s worth trying or not. I kind of need to know if this set-up will get me enough to cover the cost of the Gordon and Dent because cash is at an all time low now.

[Spent what I had on getting another figure that was too good of a deal to turn down.]

Hmm. It really depends on what you can get Harvey for. Ive seen Gordon go on here for $300-$350. But TwoFace is even expensive now but on here his prices vary wildly. I've seen people sell him for $200-$350. You'd have to be patient to find him on the lower end of that scale, but only on the forum. Man, I don't know. If you're going to sell do it on ebay because I've seen the BB EX hang around a long time on boardies commerce threads. Most Ive never seen sold but I heard he sells well on the bay.

A few weeks ago I went to move this figure and found that both boots were cracked inside. So the boots cant peg onto the legs anymore. I had one boot replaced by Sideshow when it was originally released and I have no idea what happened here.

My friend offered this MISB. should I get it? I haven't got any BB figures so thinking of completing my Nolan batman. But from reading this thread it looks like this figure is not worth it.

I've read here that armor all works great to give this figure a good shine but I'm hesitant given the different uses (rubber tire vs rubber figure). Is there anyone who could give me some advice?

Thanks!

My friend offered this MISB. should I get it? I haven't got any BB figures so thinking of completing my Nolan batman. But from reading this thread it looks like this figure is not worth it.

If it's MISB, what are you planning on doing with it?

If you're planning on leaving it MISB then yes, but it you're planning on opening it up you have about a 75% chance that the right boot will fall off because the socket in the foot (down in the bottom of the boot) is broken and you will have to do some work to fix it, as there is no replacement plan from anyone set up to exchange it for a good one, and there are "0" on EBay to buy.

I was lucky and got a good boot, but something else was broken and I got a replacement, but that was when it was first issued. I read later so many people were getting broken Right boot/foots that SS finally said they couldn't replace them anymore and were just offering refunds.

If you do buy it and the foot/boot on the right is broken, there are plenty of people that can tell you how to fix it, and there are a couple of different ways.

Good Luck on whatever you choose.

So which version do most of you guys prefer? This or the Dark Knight release for this suit?

Then I should hold off.

I go to put my Catwoman with the rest of my Batman Collection and when I pick my Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins up his "LEFT" boot falls off. It has the same problem most people had with the right boot. Now I'm wondering myself how much longer it'll be before the right boot falls off too. Crap; wouldn't you know it!

Good thing I have a spare body with a good Left boot.

Hey if anyone is interested, I am selling off my MMS67 Batman with Toy Fair Batman Head. He also comes with MMS67 Wayne head AND the Toy Fair Wayne head. Plus! Bonus DX02 light up stand to display him on. Hit me up!

Back