Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to fix the broken ankles on this the other day. I rolled the boots down and super glued the boot housing for the peg back together on each foot. A little bit of the outer powdery material rubbed off the boots, but at least he stands fine now.

This figure is a piece of junk.

I haven't touched either of them in months and I noticed that the stupid paint finish is coming off on the torso like it was on the lower legs on others. One of the lower legs just popped out too (I can feel it, same thing happened with the original).

Why the hell they painted over the suit is beyond me. From the ankles to the body, this figure is garbage. I can't believe I paid $220 even knowing damn well what I was getting. It's a pity because if they just left it as it was (like the Original Costume MMS 67) with the additional gear, it would have been fine.

What's even crazier is the amount people are willing to throw down on it. Mine is pretty much mint save for the usual problems that people have (the suit texture, ankles, etc.), I think I'm gonna off mine. **** it.

I agree. That black paint wasn't needed at all. In the end, the original one from The Dark Knight was a lot better. I'm glad I kept him.

Yeah, I still have mine too. The only positive aspect about the newer version are the mouth plates. Other than that, nothing of value really. I never used the harness and the Bale sculpt sucks compared to the DX 12.

Are you friends with kato? I mean personally, more than acquaintances.

Not really. I went to Hong Kong for a week for vacation and just asked Kato if he can show me around. We met up, hung out for like 3 hrs and then went our separate ways. He's a cool guy. Very honored to have met him.

Dude I am from australia also and I really really want one of these figures... which amazon did you order it from? can you share the link with me if possible please? you will make my night!

Hey mate, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I actually didnt go through amazon for this. It was an eBay purchase.

This figure is a piece of junk.

I haven't touched either of them in months and I noticed that the stupid paint finish is coming off on the torso like it was on the lower legs on others. One of the lower legs just popped out too (I can feel it, same thing happened with the original).

Why the hell they painted over the suit is beyond me. From the ankles to the body, this figure is garbage. I can't believe I paid $220 even knowing damn well what I was getting. It's a pity because if they just left it as it was (like the Original Costume MMS 67) with the additional gear, it would have been fine.

What's even crazier is the amount people are willing to throw down on it. Mine is pretty much mint save for the usual problems that people have (the suit texture, ankles, etc.), I think I'm gonna off mine. **** it.

Word.

You guys forgot to mention the glossy spot on the Wayne sculpt. :lol
You know the one Sideshow tried to tell everyone was a sweat mark.

But honestly, aside from all the QC issues one of the biggest niggles I had with it was the cowl sculpt. This was a perfect opportunity to improve on that girraffe of a neck and the rest of the sculpting. I got lucky compared to you though, I remember those pics you uploaded, christ. Mine had the glossy spot ( that I was able to get rid of) and the boot problem, which I did fix. As far as peeling, I haven't had any yet. I remember I got so irritated with this figure I took it off my shelf and boxed it up for months until MRM came along with his BB sculpt which I love.

Not really. I went to Hong Kong for a week for vacation and just asked Kato if he can show me around. We met up, hung out for like 3 hrs and then went our separate ways. He's a cool guy. Very honored to have met him.

That's pretty cool of him. How was his English?

No one would take my Begins figure on the boards even though I kept dropping the price in my negotations. I put it on eBay for $295 or best offer and it was sold almost immediately for $290. It was my first HT Batman and the only problem was a few scratches on the back of the cowl, but I couldn't really enjoy it because it felt too fragile. The Keaton Batman feels so much more sturdy it's ridiculous.

No one would take my Begins figure on the boards even though I kept dropping the price in my negotations. I put it on eBay for $295 or best offer and it was sold almost immediately for $290. It was my first HT Batman and the only problem was a few scratches on the back of the cowl, but I couldn't really enjoy it because it felt too fragile. The Keaton Batman feels so much more sturdy it's ridiculous.

:lol

That's funny. Yeah, its not easy selling certain things on the board. You have to go through ebay on particular pieces. And yes, Keaton is a solid figure.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I've never had any problem with my SDCC exclusive Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins. I even have another body to make both Bruce in the training suit (harness), and Batman, but the "extra" body was bought second hand, and it's had a wrist peg drilled out (new peg fits and works just fine) and the Right boot has been repaired (the original owner rolled the boot down and replaced the broken foot with a TT foot), it just stretched it a little, but it's hardly noticeable.

I've though about selling them (full set, and extra body) a few times but I've never figured out what to ask.

Yeah, I still have mine too. The only positive aspect about the newer version are the mouth plates. Other than that, nothing of value really. I never used the harness and the Bale sculpt sucks compared to the DX 12.

That's why i put the TF head on my OC Batman :exactly:

The cheap, thin weird rubber used on this bothered me- plus the ankle issues.
HT needs to put this out as a DX with Pers and a decent rubber suit- do a nice lighted stand and call it a day on this variation

I had wanted this figure for a while but with the prices it normally goes for and the quality control issues i had always avoided it. Hopefully it gets a re-release someday.

The cheap, thin weird rubber used on this bothered me- plus the ankle issues.
HT needs to put this out as a DX with Pers and a decent rubber suit- do a nice lighted stand and call it a day on this variation

And a proper cowl sculpt. That's as big as any problem it has.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I've never had any problem with my SDCC exclusive Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins. I even have another body to make both Bruce in the training suit (harness), and Batman, but the "extra" body was bought second hand, and it's had a wrist peg drilled out (new peg fits and works just fine) and the Right boot has been repaired (the original owner rolled the boot down and replaced the broken foot with a TT foot), it just stretched it a little, but it's hardly noticeable.

I've though about selling them (full set, and extra body) a few times but I've never figured out what to ask.

For two figures? I'd say $2.99.

Hi guys, and sorry if the question should already be answered but I googled already like crazy for it and could not find any info.

Does the head of the MMS155 fit on the MMS67? Cause I really love the MMS67 would just prefer it with changeable mouthplates.

Thank you in advance, and btw. Hot Toys is AWESOME :)

have a good day!

Back