Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1160093.jpg

Looks like my custom might be a little cross-eyed. :/

I think this is a pretty good highlight of both sculpts.

I think the HT one is fantastic but it looks too "perfect"; the custom one on the side could look much more spot on with Bale if the paint job was brought up a notch.

Hi all! :wave
New user incoming.

I got my Bat today, and I guess I came off lightly.
No dents as far as I can see and just a tiny sweat blob on BW's forehead.

But I do have a couple of marks on the suit from the harness, and it bugs me a bit. Is that a common issue as well?
Why even attach it prior to shipping?

And what's up with all this sticky plastic?
The ones on the thighs nearly ripped the rubber off when being removed.

Sorry for starting off so negatively.
I really do like this figure.

New user incoming.

But I do have a couple of marks on the suit from the harness, and it bugs me a bit. Is that a common issue as well?

Welcome to the madness buddy!!!:wave

New user incoming.

Some have report that the rubber suit has sprung back to it's original shape after a while. Just leave the harness off and give it some time.

I tried to be totally fair with that pic so that NAM couldn't come in and say I was 'goose-necking' the HT neck or putting one of them in shadow. :lol

I think the HT one is fantastic but it looks too "perfect"; the custom one on the side could look much more spot on with Bale if the paint job was brought up a notch.

Yep. Too perfect is exactly right. From what I've heard, idealizing a sculpt is standard practice with Hot Toys though. They do have amazing paint aps though.

Last edited:
New user incoming.

Welcome! :duff

And yes, the sticky wrapping and shipping it in the harness were fails IMO.

Welcome to the madness buddy!!!:wave

Welcome! :duff

And yes, the sticky wrapping and shipping it in the harness were fails IMO.

Thanks!

Yeah, this is the first time I've ever seen a HT figure with the round sticky tape things applied directly to the figure.
Sad

Some have report that the rubber suit has sprung back to it's original shape after a while. Just leave the harness off and give it some time.
Fingers crossed

They are both great heads.

I was talking to my wife about it last night. We agree that Adam's head looks more like Bale, but we find it interesting that two sculpts that are so different from each other can both look so much like him.

I have a complaint about both.

- The custom's eyes are too deep set. [IMO :wave]
- The HT head is too small. [IMO :wave]

I think its because he is so expressive with his features! I have see both faces on him if that makes any sence! I mean after all that's one of the reasons he was cast! you would have to be to be batman since once you put the cowl on all we see in eyes mouth and chin! You would have to be able to show different emotions very well! with such a small area exposed!

Last edited:
I am seriously considering buying another batsuit head and making a mod. Just can't tolerate the giraffe neck. It will require cutting, sanding gluing and repainting. Made a preview in Photoshop. Worth doing it?

batmanhead.jpg

batmanhead2.jpg

Wow. That does look better. But, is it possible to actually modify the cowl like that? Sounds really complicated.

I finally had time to open my new SS exclusive figure! :)(I was kinda nervous though because I've been hearing people have been having some issues.) So I open it up carefully and I'm inspecting it and everything seems fine. Then as I'm looking at the harness I realize there is no cape! So I looking under the figure's packaging and wondering if they forgot to include it...then I stand up wanting to check online to see if... and I see it in the top of the cover, off to the side...Please tell me I'm not the only one who did this...:slap

The same happened to me. I thought the cape was not there. You always look underneath the packing and not on top of it. I was quite scared until I found it and my heartbeat came back to normal.
About the cowl mod, I think it can be done but you certainly need some skills and the right tools. A Dremel is a must.
I want to try it at least, but I need to buy another one and they are really expensive on Ebay.

I'd run it by an artist here if they think they can do it. If they can, it can be done. If they wouldn't try it, I wouldn't bother. I agree, that mod does look cool! I can live with the giraffe neck though. Not worth destroying this figure over...

I am seriously considering buying another batsuit head and making a mod. Just can't tolerate the giraffe neck. It will require cutting, sanding gluing and repainting. Made a preview in Photoshop. Worth doing it?

The issue is (I think) that in your PS'd pics, you've squashed the cowl down, but in reality you'd have to remove the material from the base of the cowl. This would make the throat detail sit a lot lower to the chest than these pics show.

Back