Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As i said, i've never done any customising or painting, so dont know anything about it. What would you say is the best/easiest way for a total beginner to do it without the risk of f-ing it up royally?

Acrylic. When it's water based you can't ruin it with too much like enamel. Then you have to start messing with thinners and those wreak even more than the paints. Your house/flat/dorm will be stinking for a day or two with them.

Tamiya does nice gloss acrylic paints. It's just as good as enamel but without the odour and doesn't take silly hours to dry. I've used this. It would be the perfect gloss.

easiest way if you just want the glossy look would be to buy a small bottle of gloss varnish a nylon paint brush and and just add about 2-3 light coats and you should be good to go

True. So many ways to achieve it. Model polish wax as well. Or even just clear gloss acrylic.

Last edited:
Got my shipping notice. I live about 50 minutes from Sideshow, but I still find it hard to believe it'll be delivered on 10/13/11. But this is what the email reads...

This message was sent to you at the request of Sideshow Collectibles to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Sideshow Collectibles directly.

Important Delivery Information
Signature Required

Scheduled Delivery: 13-October-2011

Shipment Detail[/
QUOTE]

Trust me...it hasnt been tendered to UPS yet...it'll leave tomorrow and you'll have it on Friday

Acrylic. When it's water based you can't ruin it with too much like enamel. Then you have to start messing with thinners and those wreak even more than the paints. Your house/flat/dorm will be stinking for a day or two with them.

Tamiya does nice gloss acrylic paints. It's just as good as enamel but without the odour and doesn't take silly hours to dry.

What happend was that i ordered tamiya black gloss paint from ebay a month ago and it still hasnt arrived so i grew impatient and i bought the enamel paint from a local art store :lol

How are the Bat suits put together on these figures?

I'm pretty sure its a rubber suit over the body, but I've never had a HT Batman, only Takara...but it looks like HT does the same thing.

yep black TT body with the two piece rubber suit over it. There's the "pants" that go on first then the upper body portion goes on afterwards and attaches underneath the crotch area

I haven't received my shipping notice yet either. Guess I'll just keep waiting! Could they be shipping by geographic destination?

I know they said that there were so many orders that they would be shipping on Thursday and Friday, so ill bet they'll still be processing tomorrow for Fridays shipments.

This is the slowest notification I ve had in 9 years of buying through Sideshow.It s not a problem,just makes you wonder how many they shifted!!

This is the slowest notification I ve had in 9 years of buying through Sideshow.It s not a problem,just makes you wonder how many they shifted!!

That's what I've been saying...this has been far from a standard release...all kinds of abnormalities.

obviously a lot have been sold...better to be patient and wait then to have missed out altogether had these ONLY been sold at that Toy Fair and not internationally.

obviously a lot have been sold...better to be patient and wait then to have missed out altogether had these ONLY been sold at that Toy Fair and not internationally.

True...I remember when everyone was in panic mode when no one knew if this would be available for order at all...how far we've come :)

and add to that my friend Ebay prices IF it was only sold at the TF...remember that seller that was trying to sell this figures for a ridonkulus price....lol.

and add to that my friend Ebay prices IF it was only sold at the TF...remember that seller that was trying to sell this figures for a ridonkulus price....lol.

Yeah I feel sorry for the people who took the bait and paid that ridonkulus price for it...wait, I guess I don't really :cuckoo:

Yeah I feel sorry for the people who took the bait and paid that ridonkulus price for it...wait, I guess I don't really :cuckoo:

This wasn't available to many other parts of the world and the only way to get a hold of it was and still is through ebay for them.

Back