Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much are you selling it for?

Not sure what its going for right now, need to check eBay. I normally knock off quite a bit from eBay prices as I like to sell here.
As I said it's mint in box, never displayed, only opened to take harness off body and repackage so it wouldn't mark rubber suit. Dust free.
I'm sure the ankles on it are dodgy, they all seem to be, but haven't checked.

PM me if you are interested.

Yeah, it's garbage.
After I sold my Armory Batman and my DX12 Bruce head, I was left without a Bruce Wayne figure. I wanted to get a new one to do a "suiting up" kind of a look so I haggled around and got one for $350 (there was no way in hell I was going to pay $500 - $900 like eBay fools want for him) and right out of the box I had the ankle problems (that I was warned about). I didn't think that was a big deal though since you can swap out the boots with DX12 or Armory boots and I was ready to accept that but then the harness broke apart and I scuffed up the rubber on his left shoulder pretty badly trying to screw in his cape (yes, you have to screw in his cape). On top of all that he only has one hand that can hold the gun and one hand that can hold the batarang and of course they're both for his right hand so you can't have him hold both weapons at once.
All that being said though, he does make for a pretty awesome Batman Begins Batman but I don't think he's worth $350, I think $150 MAX is all about anyone should pay for something that has those kinds of QC problems.

TLDR: Not only is this an awful Bruce Wayne figure, this is probably the worst Hot Toys figure I've ever owned. As a Batman Begins Batman though he's pretty awesome, just not $350-$900 awesome.

I'd love another one too, I have the mms67 ,the comic con exclusive & the enterbay 1/4 scale. I love the enterbay one far more than the hot toys 1/4 ( so much so I sold my hot toys qs ) but would love a definitive 1/6 batman begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just opened up this set yesterday. While certain aspects feel slightly dated and limited, still pretty pleased with the purchase and it's still one of the representations of this version of Bats.

I am not sure if it's against forum rules, as I saw other non-premium users advertise their sales in different threads before, but I do have this figure on sale for cheap (if it is disallowed, feel free to edit this post). PM me for details.

mbWK6cK.jpg
dijbdns.jpg

Zf1nKRx.jpg

Rth28k3.jpg

R8fz5ML.jpg

nwC8F1h.jpg

ZTcsaYT.jpg

WGscSRD.jpg

dctqWxz.jpg

m7jpqmS.jpg

qC4y2VP.jpg

EqEEe5h.jpg

This was my first HT figure ever. Yes, it's badly made. But it looks ok. Great memories, I remember getting it and be totally in awe.

I'm not easily impressed by anything anymore, which sucks a bit.

I'm glad i sold it though, I made a pretty penny. I'd suggest that if you have one, sell it while the going is GREAT. This will be revisited in some way in the future, no doubt.

This is an awful figure, one of the worst. Those damn ankles were unforgivable. I actually felt bad that I sold mine to to people for such high prices.

It's a strange kit couse on a purely technical, production and QC level it was absolutely horrible. The worst made HT product I ever owned, to the point where it's downright shameful that they released something so faulty and self deteriorating to the public, and at that price.

But on the other hand, when it comes to pure looks, it was a total beast. It had the best shelf presence of any Batman 1/6 figure I've ever seen and when coupled with a custom cape it had that amazing, menacing gargoyle look as it stood upright with it's angry face glaring and cape draping around those statuesqe shoulders. And if you had some overhead LED lighting in your display shelves - :rock:drool

I've allready sold mine, and it had both of it's ankle pegs broken, but even with that problem, it stood easily upright when posed with the help of the base and still looked great on the shelf. Part of me is sad to let it go, as I kind of doubt that another Nolan Bat will get a re-release anytime soon, with the Batfleck mania on the horizon.

Back