Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, I just spent a small fortune to get one of those, Hope his ankles are OK...

I did spend a small fortune on this fig, too exactly about year ago :slap, ended up selling him cheap a few months back saved for the head with interchangable mouths and the Bruce Wayne hs. Good thing I have the OC Bats which is still better compared to this release.

536321_10150936632779768_548279767_13071325_2093675351_n.jpg

So I've kept him in this pose and nothings happened to him but I'm actually going to change it tonight.

Question so the takara gauntlets are the best? I actually have one in box way before I even got in HT so maybe I'll finally open him, hes MIB.

Ok guys more dumb questions. I got this guy out today and there are no washers attached to the clips or the cape. I did find some washers under the suit right where the clips go in. Are these the washers and do I take them off the suit. Is there any tricks to that?

Yes...those are the washers.

BB&WSF: That might work but considering how problematic painting the rubber has been with this figure, I doubt they will repeat that method on the DX 12. So the boots might not match.

Yes...those are the washers.

BB&WSF: That might work but considering how problematic painting the rubber has been with this figure, I doubt they will repeat that method on the DX 12. So the boots might not match.

Ok thanks. How do I get them off the suit? I don't wanna mess up the rubber

I actually bought a OC Batman from a now banned member (I think) that looked sorta like that. Whole figure seemed legit, but heavily modified, and not in a good way (Elmer's glue used all over the thing :lol ). It was as if someone just gave that head a crummy repaint. Better than what I could do, don't get me wrong, but far inferior to HT's stock job.

Yeah, I see that all the time on here. People who aren't that experienced start repainting HT sculpts. I understand that you have to start somewhere and that's fine but why wouldn't you buy some cheap generic crappy head off ebay before you start taking a brush to a $200 + figure.

Guys, I'm afraid breakage is inevitable. The plastic is just brittle. Initially I thought mine was gonna be OK (loose, but connected), but ultimately it broke just like everybody else.

To spiderbo, some of the mods suggested here just used regular TT feet shaved down. I've personally considered using a woman's feet instead to hopefully avoid that (foot being a bit too small relative to body is a non-issue here IMO), but I've not been able to get the foot out without potentially damaging the rubber part of the boot. I've actually rubbed some of the finish off the outside of the boot trying already. Don't wanna turn it inside out, either. So, he's just got a loose boot ATM.

Inevitable. And iwas one of the people that did the boot mod and yes, its was a _____ to get the boot foot out. A _____!

I think the DX12 boots look pretty good. Will be getting a pair from the secondary market for my BB figure instead of spending big bucks on DX02/Demon ones, or for that matter even modding the TF Ex. ones.

212346xx81zoxhs8oxfnf8.jpg

Yeah I'll be doing the same if I can get them at a reasonable price.

great idea there BB on replacing the boots with the ones with dx12 boots, i know its not a one piece boot like the one this figure comes with, but yeah, will look into it in ebay for extra boots,and i hope ht doesn't change the dx12 boots there,i don't want my dx12 to have broken ankle like this one :pray:

I don't mind the two piece anymore. The actual boots look like they're cut like that too.

I actually feel the same way. Looking at the promos, the boots actually do look like theyre in two pieces.

Although I believe the real boots are one piece, the way they're molded looks enough like 2 that this design doesn't bother me either anymore. :)

Can anyone tell me how to get the washers form inside the neck of the suit without ripping the rubber. Sorry I keep bringing up mods.

Back