Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Voorhees, there's your cape clip mod. :lol

Already done :lol

b6064059.jpg

Thanks man :hi5:

I was changing the hand just now so that Bats could hold a baterang. I moved the cape slightly, and the the pin on the clip snapped clean off !!! Fortunately, I could hold the cape on by removing the head, and nicking the cape on the head plug. Doh! Some days you just shouldn't play with your toys !

Can anyone tell me what head this is. I know it's not the Toy Con one but I'm not sure if it's the OC or maybe the Medicom.

edf65253.jpg

Take a better picture, but based on the sculpt and paint app, it looks very much like a Takara Batman head to me.

Give us free, fixed boots Hot Toys, you ____ing _______s.

I actually emailed their customer services about 3 weeks ago and they replied saying they no longer had spare boots in stock which makes me think if I had emailed sooner, would I have possibly received some? I got a whole new DX02 Batman oil free body from them a few years ago via emailing them and I bought the figure from ebay. People bash their customer services but I don't think it's that bad.

You might have done. I had one busted ankle joint. I sent a text, and the whole thing replaced inside a week. That was a few months back tho.

Can anyone tell me what head this is. I know it's not the Toy Con one but I'm not sure if it's the OC or maybe the Medicom.

edf65253.jpg

Looks like a repainted and possibly recast of the HT OC sculpt. Definitely not the Takara or medicom. Takara's neck and head are 2 separate pieces and I believe the medicom sculpt isn't round at the base of the neck

I actually bought a OC Batman from a now banned member (I think) that looked sorta like that. Whole figure seemed legit, but heavily modified, and not in a good way (Elmer's glue used all over the thing :lol ). It was as if someone just gave that head a crummy repaint. Better than what I could do, don't get me wrong, but far inferior to HT's stock job.

:gah: my batman figure right ankle just broke off, i was hoping i didn't get this issue :mad: just saw someone selling a complete extra right boot for this fig on ebay, but it cost about 100 bucks :horror

I bought some extra boots about a month back, what size feet do need to look for if I am going to buy extra feet to go in them? I am a total newb to TT bodies and such.

Guys, I'm afraid breakage is inevitable. The plastic is just brittle. Initially I thought mine was gonna be OK (loose, but connected), but ultimately it broke just like everybody else.

To spiderbo, some of the mods suggested here just used regular TT feet shaved down. I've personally considered using a woman's feet instead to hopefully avoid that (foot being a bit too small relative to body is a non-issue here IMO), but I've not been able to get the foot out without potentially damaging the rubber part of the boot. I've actually rubbed some of the finish off the outside of the boot trying already. Don't wanna turn it inside out, either. So, he's just got a loose boot ATM.

I think the DX12 boots look pretty good. Will be getting a pair from the secondary market for my BB figure instead of spending big bucks on DX02/Demon ones, or for that matter even modding the TF Ex. ones.

212346xx81zoxhs8oxfnf8.jpg

Back