Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my Mom whip out the old sewing machine and did up a custom cape. Love this figure

Bat.jpg

Lol...I will. I can't sew so she stepped in...she puts up with my toys. Lol. The wife on the other hand.....

If I could have found the Batman Begins figure for a good price before I got the 89 Bats I wouldn't have my 89 Bats. I think the Begins suit looks so much better than the DK suit. The DK suit just looks too busy IMO. I like the simple look of the BB suit. :)

Hey is it okay if every time I read one of your posts, I hear Toki Wartooth's voice from Metalocalypse? Because....that's what I'm doing anyway.

That's not an insult, btw. Toki is awesomesauce.

Never heard that band actually :) are they from Gothenburg as well?

I reaaaaaally advice you to check out meshuggah and the haunted!! They are the two absolute best bands from Sweden!! :)

I reaaaaaally advice you to check out meshuggah and the haunted!! They are the two absolute best bands from Sweden!! :)

Not a big Meshuggah guy but..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdDhLx6NSc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdDhLx6NSc[/ame]

:rock :rock :rock

My favorite album by them. More thrashy.

Not a big Meshuggah guy but..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdDhLx6NSc

:rock :rock :rock

My favorite album by them. More thrashy.

Check out Dimurge from Meshuggah's latest album Koloss. It heavy as shaait!!

I actually dont like any haunted song with Marco Aro on vocals. I don't like his singing! Plus, he's a Nazi.... Don't like him. I like everything with Peter Dolving though, especially the album rEVOLVEr!! That album is just brilliant!!

Actually Metalocalypse is an animated show on the Cartoon Network. It sorta spoofs the entire metal/hard rock genre. The band in the show is called Dethklok. They actually tour (the creator does most of the voices and plays guitar) and put on an awesome show. I saw 'em with Mastodon a few years ago. I'd type more but I'm one-handed at the moment; just had carpal tunnel surgery on my left (and dominant) hand. Search wikipedia and youtube and you'll get some laffs!

So no figure futzing or photography or guitar playing for me for a while. And I just got the Nicholson Joker for my birthday!
:panic:

Actually Metalocalypse is an animated show on the Cartoon Network. It sorta spoofs the entire metal/hard rock genre. The band in the show is called Dethklok. They actually tour (the creator does most of the voices and plays guitar) and put on an awesome show. I saw 'em with Mastodon a few years ago. I'd type more but I'm one-handed at the moment; just had carpal tunnel surgery on my left (and dominant) hand. Search wikipedia and youtube and you'll get some laffs!

So no figure futzing or photography or guitar playing for me for a while. And I just got the Nicholson Joker for my birthday!
:panic:

Ouch, that sucks!

And I'v hurt my shoulder and elbow bmxing so I can't play the drums either!

Haha, I actually searched for metalopocalyps, or however its spelled, on spotify and I thought the album-cover looked kinda weird :p!!

This surgery was nothin' compared to the complete gastrectomy I had a few years ago. Had Menetrier's Disease, sorta like stomach cancer. 2.5 years on a clinical trial having chemo treatments every week. Drug began losing effectiveness, so out goes my whole stomach.

Three days in ICU. A week in the hospital AND one of the incisions abcessed (became infected) so my surgeon comes into my hospital room one day and literally slices me open there on my bed. Four inches across on my abdomen, and SEVEN inches deep. I was on a morphine drip but you can bet that hurt like $%#ing $(#@!

So, carpal tunnel surgery was nothin'.

Hope your shoulder gets better man!

Take my advice do not think about buying this nail of a figure. Well if it's one of the Sideshow batch anyway. I've just got mine out of it's box to have a check and his right boot fell off! Yes indeed I've now been hit with broken boot syndrome, just to add to my woes. This is hands down the worst QC I have ever witnessed on a 1/6th figure.

So far I've had a batman head with a split in the cowl and the right knee pad fell off straight out of the box when I bought him. Then it transpired that the right hand peg was glued / stuck into the arm. When I tried to swap hands the arm broke at the elbow! Sideshow sent me a replacement cowl & body, the cowl was fine however the body was a right mess with one leg 2 inches shorter than the other. So I ended sticking with the original body & stuck the knee pad back on (badly I might add). And now I've a broken boot, oh and it appears the suit is starting to peel as well.Best £200 I ever spent!:(

Back