Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope the only mod is on the batman where I replaced the cape with lforigno's long Begins cape (that's why the clips are missing - will add those soon).

I will be getting Takara gauntlets for them too

So if you were gonna buy one now after all you know which one would you buy?

Sorry I haven't read all this thread but I am assuming there is ankle breakage problem. Are there any solutions?

I have both and if I had to choose which one to keep, it'd be the Dark Knight version. It's not perfect, but I think it's a better product out of the box. If you plan to do a lot of customization and such, the the Toy Fair might be the one for you, though.

In my opinion the cape is better on the old one. I also haven't heard of anyone encountering issues with the rubber suit having squished in abs, rubber suit top paint layer flaking issues, or loose/broken ankle problems. The one thing I really do like about the new version is the interchangeable faces that have the more realistic skin texture to them compared to the old one that was a little smooth looking.

Yeah legs are they key - by positioning a figure's legs correctly you can achieve that natural human look and not an action figure look.

I usually just use the cape to get rid of the burden of the legs.

Just snapped a pic for fun:

P1000645.jpg

I know I sound like a broken record, but I still want to do the kneeling pose that was in the promo pics. Several months ago someone posted a photo (taken by someone else, I think) that had ol' Bats in that exact pose, but I don't believe a how-to was ever written up.

It seems impossible to do without detaching and reattaching the legs, but doing that would mean peeling off the suit and that's a step too far for a weenie like myself.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I still want to do the kneeling pose that was in the promo pics. Several months ago someone posted a photo (taken by someone else, I think) that had ol' Bats in that exact pose, but I don't believe a how-to was ever written up.

It seems impossible to do without detaching and reattaching the legs, but doing that would mean peeling off the suit and that's a step too far for a weenie like myself.

Yeah, that kneeling pose is awesome. I'd love to have him in the first night out gear kneeling on top of that eagle head I've seen around here. That would be awesome.

Dunno I think 1/4 HT a looonngg way off..we need another OC Bats release so i can get my extra...

Back