Hot Toys Beauty and the Beast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tailoring looks very good for that price. But I'm not going down the slippery slope of picking up other Disney franchises (except for PotC & Marvel).

Wow, I'm not interested in this film or owning anything from it but I would love to get a shot at painting that sculpt. The eyes are even solid out of the box, which is a great bonus.

Damn that looks really nice, might have to do this and a reapint route if no 1/6 beast from Hot Toys.

Thanks yeah I'm pretty impressed with it. Im going to try and jazz up the head sculpt a bit by darkening the lips and adding in the missing fangs. Might lighten the face up a bit too and hit the surrounding fur with a dull coat to bring down the sheen. Posted some pics I'm going to use for reference.

IMG_3702.JPG
IMG_3703.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sculpt is decent but a repaint will kill. Shadow on the horns, high lights in the hair and add some teeth.

So its not Hot Toys but I got the Disney Store Exclusive Beast figure and this thing is amazing for the money! The detail and sculpt are spot on and its totally in scale for 1/6. I'm sure if Hot Toys produces this it will look immaculate but this was $34.95 and I have no complaints. Thought I would share

View attachment 326609
View attachment 326610
View attachment 326611
View attachment 326612

Haha, I put mine in the exact same pose. I guess that's the only one that really works for him. I'll probably repaint him down the line if HT doesn't do 1/6 figures.

If HT does make a 1/6 Beast, I hope they go with a sculpted head rather than haired. After seeing TFA Chewie, there's no way they could capture all the details of his face with real fur.

Haha, I put mine in the exact same pose. I guess that's the only one that really works for him. I'll probably repaint him down the line if HT doesn't do 1/6 figures.

lol yeah your not going to get anything dynamic. And it sucks and yet doesn't suck that they sculpted and painted the pads of his feet. I appreciate the detail but it makes him pretty hard to stand without having a support. Standard 1/6 crotch grabber works well and remains pretty hidden.

I actually think a mix of sculpted and rooted would be ideal, to me its hard to convey Beast without some fur. A board member on here took the Coo Model werewolf and added real rabbit fur and it looked amazing. Never the less I might pick this up just in case Hot Toys dosesn't. Can't wait to see your guys repaints.

I'm really hoping the 1/6 figures are ready by the movie release date in two weeks.

I wonder if they will do anybody but Belle. I would say the Beast has about a 70% chance, with Gaston a 50% chance.

I hope we get Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Chip with the figures. Or at the very least if they just do Belle, she comes with Lumiere and Cogsworth.

Depending on how big they're going, perhaps a Belle and Beast 2-pack with Lumiere, Potts and Chip. Very pricey set but it'd be impressive.

I'm really hoping the 1/6 figures are ready by the movie release date in two weeks.

I wonder if they will do anybody but Belle. I would say the Beast has about a 70% chance, with Gaston a 50% chance.

I hope we get Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Chip with the figures. Or at the very least if they just do Belle, she comes with Lumiere and Cogsworth.

I would be interested in Belle, Beast, Gaston if the movie is good. JUst from the trailers I don't like the over-designed look of the furniture-people.

Depending on how big they're going, perhaps a Belle and Beast 2-pack with Lumiere, Potts and Chip. Very pricey set but it'd be impressive.

Honestly, if they do a collectors boxed set like that I may bite. Beauty and the Beast is perhaps my favourite classic Disney film of all time, so to have a set like this would be cool.

Do HT Cosbabies get distributed in the US anymore? I remember there was a line or 2 of Cosbabies that Sideshow never sold on their site.

the cosbabies are cute.... I hope that's not all we're getting from the film.

I'm starting to doubt that HT is going to do 1/6 figures. Have they ever done cosbabies for a film w/out doing 1/6 figures?

Here are the two sets:
17191652_10154271019587344_4242969766210681219_o.jpg

17159095_10154271028297344_39500638096558704_o.jpg

Yep, Caddian and Krennic from Rogue One say hello.

Would love that second Belle in 1/6 with the other characters as extras. I remain hopeful but they always seem so proud of themselves when they announce cosbaby stuff, like they don't realize that no one in America really cares about them at all. When they tease characters and only reveal cosbabies, I'm sure most of us just groan at the letdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So this might sound stupid. But since Sideshow doesn't seem to be getting the cosbaby lately. Are there other stores minus eBay you suggest purchasing these from if you live in the United States?

Back