1/6 Hot Toys: BATTLE DROID - Infantry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats that droid called that rolls in to attack and has a force field around it. Has anyone ever made one of those? I'd love one!

I've taken some comparison photos with the damaged battle droid parts and the Sideshow version. The difference lies in the details, Hot Toys truly nails them. The HT blaster is roughly 20% larger than its Sideshow counterpart, also more detailed(as expected lol). The neck seems to be a little longer on HT, but not by much. Hands are smaller on HT. Head is bigger too on the newer one. Don't think it'll be a huge improvement though for those who already have a battle droid. I'll post pictures later, if anyone would like.:)

Here you go. Forgot to take one with the blasters, will do that later. Was pleasantly surprised to the changes Hot Toys has made

Attachments

• ABF081DB-A3B5-4B0D-B07B-BA2C477C9B1B.jpg
    ABF081DB-A3B5-4B0D-B07B-BA2C477C9B1B.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 172
  • A189BDE6-465C-4A17-9C46-5B1810762F6C.jpg
    A189BDE6-465C-4A17-9C46-5B1810762F6C.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 644158BA-F55B-46B5-A961-75D157277439.jpg
    644158BA-F55B-46B5-A961-75D157277439.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 172
Interesting, that extra line on the shoulders isn't accurate. It's only featured in I think Star Wars Rebels.

Battle droid comparison.jpg

Small detail and a minor nitpick. Might be other details that are off though. I think the paint apps don't quite have enough weathering at the moment, and I think there's a few small bits and bobs that are unpainted.

Interesting, that extra line on the shoulders isn't accurate. It's only featured in I think Star Wars Rebels.

View attachment 461976

Small detail and a minor nitpick. Might be other details that are off though. I think the paint apps don't quite have enough weathering at the moment, and I think there's a few small bits and bobs that are unpainted.

If the extra line has been featured somewhere in canon, then technically it’s accurate. Maybe not accurate to a specific movie depiction, but certainly accurate to battle droids.

It wouldn’t be accurate if you specifically market it to a certain movie like TPM.It should look like it appears in the movie that you’re marketing not the cartoon version.

It wouldn’t be accurate if you specifically market it to a certain movie like TPM.It should look like it appears in the movie that you’re marketing not the cartoon version.

We are not privy to the conversations between Hot Toys and Lucasfilm. For example:

Hot Toys, "Here is the new battle droid prototype ready for manufacturing. Please approve."
Director of Lucasfilm licensing, "We would like you to give it an extra line on the shoulder."
Hot Toys, "But this is TPM version that only has one line. It wouldn't be accurate then."
Director of Lucasfilm licensing, "Yes."

We are not privy to the conversations between Hot Toys and Lucasfilm. For example:

Hot Toys, "Here is the new battle droid prototype ready for manufacturing. Please approve."
Director of Lucasfilm licensing, "We would like you to give it an extra line on the shoulder."
Hot Toys, "But this is TPM version that only has one line. It wouldn't be accurate then."
Director of Lucasfilm licensing, "Yes."

That’s a different scenario all together.If you ask someone if this is accurate to TPM then answer would be No it’s not.

You know looking at various pictures, this thing really don't look sturdy at all. If his legs aren't super tight it's going to be a pain to stand him without support.

Moving right along..Looks Great to me.Hopefully it’s released soon and as a 2-pack.

Here you go. Forgot to take one with the blasters, will do that later. Was pleasantly surprised to the changes Hot Toys has made

View attachment 461976

That extra line on the shoulder straps is present on the physical model/props from TPM. You also see it on the old Ertl Droids and STAP model kit from the time. It's a feature that must have been present in the reference files given to licensed companies to make the Battle Droids in various products. It shows that Hot Toys went back to the original sources to get references for the droid. There are a couple minor differences between the film's physical prop droids and the digital versions.

2482367846_25448f42c8_b.jpg

Back