Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget 2 things

The silver part of the back flip are made of thin metal, and BD release on Dec

I believe that's Toy Hunter exclusive, not certain though, and if it is, likely it'll be the Sideshow Ex.

Do Sideshow take a small fee upon pre-orders?... or don't charge you until a few weeks before dispatch... like ActionHQ, and have you got any Iron Men yet, Maul?

What's the chances escaping customs with Sideshow to the UK...

Do Sideshow take a small fee upon pre-orders?... or don't charge you until a few weeks before dispatch... like ActionHQ, and have you got any Iron Men yet, Maul?

What's the chances escaping customs with Sideshow to the UK...

I don't know about Sideshow and UK orders. As far as money, no fee up front unless it's declared and it's usually on big like $1000+ items, never on figures, and there's no cancellation fee either.

This figure or Mark 4 will be my first Iron Man figures. Admittedly, I never saw the movie last summer, didn't see it until like November or something when it hit DVD and rented it, hesitated on the first Mark 3, don't care about 1, 2 or the weird version at Comic Con this year, so I'll either get this Mark 3 or the innevitable Mark 4, figuring out which suit design I like more, and I want to see how clean the minimally damaged look of this figure is.

Lastest info from "Milk"

This Damaged version is suppose to be the a DX (clean, non damage MK3 with P.E.R.S), but HT cancel this version because of two main concern.

-First, the P.E.R.S system on Tony take way too long to manufacture (I suppose there's already a new Tony scuplt done ?) (I guess they are afraid the release time for the B.D may get too close or even over lap IM2)

-Second, the research and development of Iron man 2 figure has already begun, every thing need to be done from the groud up.

-The DX's Tony new head will be use on IM2

-HT said this is the last IM-1 figure

HT sure wasn't going to waste all the R&D (and $$$) on the DX, so they made the B.D. version instead.

-HT said the IM2 figure will be even more complex and detail then the B.D. This B.D. version is more like an experiment for IM2 project, training groud for the team and the factory workers. (I dont like this....)

-Some parts of the B.D. version are just way too complex, almost mission impossible for mass production. (we can expect lot's of defect?)

-over 90% of B.D are newly develop (is more like 40~50% to me)

Finally, HT is now developing Mark IV, War Machine and Whiplash.

B.D. version

-flip up head + normal helm + crush helm (VIP gift)
-total 7 hands
-2 chest plate
-light up head, chest and hands
-press the shoulder armor, the rocket lancher will rise, same as the hip flare

Ah okay that makes sense. I won't feel bad skipping this knowing that the Mark IV is right around the corner and will be just as complex, especially since I already have a Mark III figure I'm happy with. Of course now if I could go back in time I would skip the original Mark III to get this, but by now I'm used to getting screwed over by Hot Toys

I guess I'll just wait and see the final production piece and decide whether I wanna get this or not.

I have the feeling that quite a number of us are gonna 'regret' getting a mark 3 BD after the announce the iron man 2 line.

Well, forunately they were nice enough to state that Mark IV is coming, so as far as getting this figure is concerned, should come down to what people want, rather than worrying is the the only one and there won't be a Mark Iv or whatever.

I am buying all of them, Hogan, Pepper, Christine, Rhodes, Whiplash, War Machine, Mark IV, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Bethany, Justin Hammer, Agent Coulson, even ^^^^^in Jarvis! I'm buying all of them, you hear me? ALL OF THEM! AAAAAAARRRRGH!

Based on the pics of the new Mark IV suit, I have no interest in a figure of it; I like the Mark III suit much, much better and the battle-damaged suit certainly looks promising. Once I get a good look at him via the official pics I'll have to start seriously considering whether I want to eBay my Mark III and upgrade to a battle-damaged version.

This is an extremely complex piece of toy engineering. I would not be surprised if there were a few initial cases of defects and so forth.

As for the MKIV vs. MKIII debate, I like both. It's not an either/or situation for me. They'll both have a space on my shelf.

No Black Widow? :confused:

yeah, a black widow should be easy for ht. they already have the scarlet sculpt from "the spirit". maybe they want to wait for response to the other figures, and the movie, before deciding to do figures that aren't guaranteed sellers like mark4.

and my sympathies blu falcon, looks like there won't be an iron monger after all... :(

After thinking it over... I went with buying the Mark I and Mark II for now... I wanted Mark III but missed it... This Battle Damaged one just isnt doing what I wanted... So Ill wait for the Mark IIII and this time I wont miss out for sure... I cant wait to see how War Machine and Whiplash turn out...

as i like this ... i dont know if i can do 20 ironman figures

I definitely can. Iron Man is the only line I am going full fledged for (although I have more of the Batman line than I thought I would have....). The only other line I'd go multiples and every figure for is if/when they hit The Green Lantern.

I hope they do Black Widow, I think she'd look better than the Spirit figure (and i like that one a lot) :)

i second that. HT's second scarlett portrait would almost certainly be improved over the spirit sculpt. the black widow from iron man 2 is my most anticipated HT figure for next year! i think it might even come on a new female body!

for the record, i am not on drugs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back