Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree with you maulfan, somehow i don't see RDJ in that sculpt.
this is their second attempt though..
Yeah, with a better, straight on look, I'm not seeing it, either. Hopefully by the time Marks VI or VII roll around, they'll have it down, though.

hmmm not sure what it says, but that pic mentions Scarlett Johanson, edward norton (as well as Bruce Banner)...interesting!

also on the side of the pic it says iron monger...damn can someone translate this??

Last edited:
Yeah, with a better, straight on look, I'm not seeing it, either. Hopefully by the time Marks VI or VII roll around, they'll have it down, though.

I kinda doubt it, this is what, the 3rd RDJ portrait so far, or fourth?

There's the full Tony head with Mark III, there's the reveal portrait on Mark I, was there a portrait done of any kind with Mark II?

I don't know what it is, but I've yet to see and RDJ Stark portrait from Hot Toys that conveys RDJ, they capture his style right, the hair, the beard, but probably the eyes, something just doesn't look Downey about them. Still decent portraits and with IM I care about the suit, just an observation I have. Of everyone I've seen HT tackle with rights to likeness and solid reference available, RDJ and Christian Bale have been the most elusive portraits for them to capture that I've seen, the John Connor is just about there but still not as dead on as others have captured him and not as dead on as some other HT portraits like Sam Jackson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Heath Ledger.

I think I'm sold on getting this, the "clean" mode of this figure looks pretty clean actually, a few nicks here and there on the appendages but otherwise looks sharp, almost original Mark III quality, plus the BD options and extras. I'm going to order this one.

My exact thoughts. At least it was a good week I was convinced I didn't need one of these. It was good while it lasted and now, I can't wait to get this

So I'm not clear - the DX version they are working on, is it going to be of the Mark III, or the new Mark IV?

I have all three versions from the IM movie, I passed on the Gunmetal version and I am not completely sold on this version. IMO alot of figures for a second tier character. I will check out the offical specs and price then decided whether I need it in my collection.

I hope the Marvel license figures will be popping up soon. I would prefer a Spiderman, Punisher, Daredevil, Wolverine (or other X-men) versus a duplicate IM. In addition, IM 2 is around the corner. I will consider purchasing because the snapshots definately show a distinct difference between this Mark III and the original. However, IMO too many other possibilities coming to become engulfed in a duplicate figure regardless how cool it looks.

plasticenemies1.jpg

This looks tempting. Glad I decided to wait for Iron man II, before jumping on the mark III figure. And since I'm not a big fan of the mark IV armor this just might end up on my shelf. Plus I like the idea of a BD figure. The original figure was just too clean and shiny, this has some texture on it...

The picture mentions Mark V and VI armors, so does anyone know how much different will they be, compared to mark III. Are there any pictures of them (couldn't find any myself??? Movie props pics or something?) or are they basicly just the Mark III armor with minor modifications???

Mark V and VI? When did that happen? Aren't we supposed to see only the Mark IV in Iron Man 2?

Mark V and VI? When did that happen? Aren't we supposed to see only the Mark IV in Iron Man 2?

there's definitely another armor since there's pics of him with a triangle chest reactor. most ppl just refer to it as Mk V since there's no name for it yet

Dont know if this was pointed to me...

plasticenemies1b.jpg

but the picture mentions them, so I was just wondering?

I'm curious if that's just naming things or actual figures being developed, the Bruce Banner has me very intrigued, maybe Banner, Nick Fury and Mark V tie into the Avengers?

Dont know if this was pointed to me...

plasticenemies1b.jpg

but the picture mentions them, so I was just wondering?

No, no, I wasn't being critical of you at all. You are entirely right in pointing out what's written on the ad. I just have never heard about a Mark V or VI being part of the IM2 movie. Mark IV and War Machine, sure, but as far as others, we'll have to see. I'll just call Favreau and ask him and get back to you guys.

Wow! That is stellar looking... makes me wonder if I should be jumping ship from the regular over to this version.

I like that you have the option between light weathering and heavier damage.

I think I'm sold on getting this, the "clean" mode of this figure looks pretty clean actually, a few nicks here and there on the appendages but otherwise looks sharp, almost original Mark III quality, plus the BD options and extras. I'm going to order this one.

Though I will say, I still don't see RDJ in the portrait, not sure why, but they seem to struggle capturing him.

I think RDJ has one of those faces like Viggo Mortensen, which most sculptors have a hard time nailing down, unless your name is Trevor Grove. And when he does nail it, somebody always seems to screw the pooch on paint aps.

I think RDJ has one of those faces like Viggo Mortensen, which most sculptors have a hard time nailing down, unless your name is Trevor Grove. And when he does nail it, somebody always seems to screw the pooch on paint aps.

See, I'm actually leaning towards paint apps with the Stark heads. I haven't owned one yet to really judge the sculpt work myself, but the area that I usually find making me feel it dosen't look like RDJ is the eyes, he's got these crazy looking eyes, he almost looks like a psycho killer, and none of the figures or statues depicting him have captured that quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back