Hot Toys Battle damaged Ironman Mk III teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outright, it does feel almost like a DX figure, but all in all, I think it constitutes what a traditional MMS figure has gotten you at times. This set looks about as inclusive as a Hot Toys Predator. If this were a DX Set, I would figure some way to have a standard Tony Stark figure, be it in suit or more casual clothes, would be included in the set. And I wouldn't judget the price on this figure as it being DX without the title or not, a DX Iron Man set would likely cost even more than Batman and Joker as it's a more complex design than either of those, so while a basic MMS may cost close to DX prices, it doesn't mean it's a DX in disguise. Origins Wolverine costs $170 and is nowhere near a DX package, I'd wager this Iron Man will be around that much $170-$180.

Now I'm gonna have the unenviable decision of deciding to either go with this awesome, almost-DX version, or saving $100 or so and going with the first release when the price drops, Joker-style. :confused:

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if I like Mark 3 or 4 better, they seem very similar, and in figure form the differences will probably be even less because of body proportions and such. I'll probably preorder this one and if I get enough of a glimpse of the Mark 4 in use in IM2 before I have to pay for this one and I like it better, I'll cancel it.

dammit ht...damn your profit making ways!!

ok im just gonna wait for the mark 4 dx version to come out because i know if i buy this then ill be in the same situation as when i picked up the mark 3 thinking it was the be all and end all. Thats the thing to do. That way you won't be wasting like 500 - 600 smackeros on 3 variants of one movie character.

I know this one looks good but i guarentee a year down the line people will be flogging it to get the mark 4 or mark 4 dx...

Last edited:
I bet one big difference is just gonna be better technology and experience for Hot Toys. I suspect the Mark IV will have more little features (akin to the BD Iron Man) and better details than the first Mark III, and it will probably have an improved RDJ face (I bet it will be smiling for once).

This is pretty much me as well. I wanted a MkIII... but missed out. So was happy to wait for the next film.... now that this BD MkIII is coming out though I'm thinking about which to get.

I think it'll come down to which film I like more... as opposed to which suit i liek more (they're both similar enough)

The first film DOES rock though... so I may just get the BD MkIII. Can't get much better than that film :rock

I'm trying to figure out if I like Mark 3 or 4 better, they seem very similar, and in figure form the differences will probably be even less because of body proportions and such. I'll probably preorder this one and if I get enough of a glimpse of the Mark 4 in use in IM2 before I have to pay for this one and I like it better, I'll cancel it.

The more i see pics the more i think i will trade up...i like this one much better so far...i still like the original MK III but this one seems more my style...however, i can't stand the MK IV armor...so, i can rest easy there.

M.

Lastest info from "Milk"

This Damaged version is suppose to be the a DX (clean, non damage MK3 with P.E.R.S), but HT cancel this version because of two main concern.

-First, the P.E.R.S system on Tony take way too long to manufacture (I suppose there's already a new Tony scuplt done ?) (I guess they are afraid the release time for the B.D may get too close or even over lap IM2)

-Second, the research and development of Iron man 2 figure has already begun, every thing need to be done from the groud up.

-The DX's Tony new head will be use on IM2

-HT said this is the last IM-1 figure

HT sure wasn't going to waste all the R&D (and $$$) on the DX, so they made the B.D. version instead.

-HT said the IM2 figure will be even more complex and detail then the B.D. This B.D. version is more like an experiment for IM2 project, training groud for the team and the factory workers. (I dont like this....)

-Some parts of the B.D. version are just way too complex, almost mission impossible for mass production. (we can expect lot's of defect?)

-over 90% of B.D are newly develop (is more like 40~50% to me)

Finally, HT is now developing Mark IV, War Machine and Whiplash.

B.D. version

-flip up head + normal helm + crush helm (VIP gift)
-total 7 hands
-2 chest plate
-light up head, chest and hands
-press the shoulder armor, the rocket lancher will rise, same as the hip flare

Lastest info from "Milk"

B.D. version

-flip up head + normal helm + crush helm (VIP gift)
-total 7 hands
-2 chest plate
-light up head, chest and hands
-press the shoulder armor, the rocket lancher will rise, same as the hip flare

That kicks ass.

VIP gift? What do you have to be apart of to obtain that?... I hope it makes it onto eBay if this is going to be another exclusive part. I really hate it when they do this.

V.I.P gift is just ht's way of saying they are too hard or too expensive to produce en masse so a limited number will be produced. I dunno still don't think ill get this. I want the most advanced version possible with the best sculpt and im sure the mark 4 or mark 4 dx will be one of those.

By then im sure ht will have perfected the head sculpt and body armour as well as all the niggly details they had a chance to perfect on the various incarnations of the iron man mark 1 figures.

VIP gift? What do you have to be apart of to obtain that?... I hope it makes it onto eBay if this is going to be another exclusive part. I really hate it when they do this.

It ll be available as the Sideshow exclusive.

For the VIP gift, you need to be a Toyhunter VIP member, pre-order B.D and you will get the crushed helm (but you will lose the 10% discount), cost me around $160USD ... $16 for the helm :google

I am sure this crushed helm will also be the SS ex, so no worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back