Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find this Letoker backlash interesting because if you think about it, all the live action Jokers have always had something on their faces or their physical appearance that wasn't traditional, yet unique. Romero was 60 years old and had a mustache, Nicholson had plastic surgery (because it was a popular thing in the 80's), a permanent smile and he was a bit too old and heavy, Ledger had long hair, makeup, scars, no visible eyebrows, and yellow teeth... yet Letoker in a way, even with the tattoos, is more accurate to the character as a whole.

NNm0Ttz.jpg

I find this Letoker backlash interesting because if you think about it, all the live action Jokers have always had something on their faces or their physical appearance that wasn't traditional, yet unique. Romero was 60 years old and had a mustache, Nicholson had plastic surgery (because it was a popular thing in the 80's), a permanent smile and he was a bit too old and heavy, Ledger had long hair, makeup, scars, no visible eyebrows, and yellow teeth... yet Letoker in a way, even with the tattoos, is more accurate to the character as a whole.

NNm0Ttz.jpg

Most of those Books in the picture Suck ass for a reason. The only good were BTAS and His skin ton. The Joker applied lipstick in the DKR because he was older and his skin ton faded on his lips. The rest were just terrible interpretations of the character.

I love when writers pay homage to garbage stories. :gah:

I don't even mind Leto's look anymore, even the tattoos.

Nicholson was pretty extreme at the time. Joker was never a gangster. He never got his face blown off or had a permanent, scarred grin. Then that became like the norm. I didn't like what I saw of Ledger in 2007. I thought the punk look, crappy self applied make up looked awful. Face scars and lipstick seemed too extreme too. Then by December with the trailer and Empire cover, I was cool with it.

Leto Joker will be accepted as the norm, I'm sure. Have we ever gotten a bad Joker in the character's history (save for like, the Batman cartoon). No.

I already have a comic Joker, Ledger Joker and Jack Joker on the shelf. Why want another of the same? I welcome the unique look of Leto Joker.

Still silly of Hot Toys to not make the best Joker adaption, Romero.

Leto Joker will be accepted as the norm, I'm sure.

I think it has already become the norm. This Halloween I didn't see a single Ledger Joker, but I saw a few Letokers. Some of the guys were using their natural/real arm tattoos as part of the costume, and it makes sense, most guys have short hair, and Letoker's make up is easier to mimic, same with the outfit.

I already have a comic Joker, Ledger Joker and Jack Joker on the shelf. Why want another of the same? I welcome the unique look of Leto Joker.

Still silly of Hot Toys to not make the best Joker adaption, Romero.

Quoted for truth. I know the 66 license might not be the money-maker Hot Toys expected, but they should at least crank out Batgirl, Joker, and the Batmobile for the fans. I'm sure they'd see a profit on all of those.

I have a strong feeling that the Armored Batman will be a diecast entry and be $400.....

They'll probably make a plastic version first, then later screw people by releasing an "improved" version with some diecast calves or gauntlets. I'm not interested in the Iron Bat at all for some reason. I prefer the regular costume, but it's hard to get excited about those figures knowing that the fallowing year there's a Justice League film and maybe a new Batman trilogy. That's why I don't buy the HT MCU stuff, because every year there's a new updated version of the same characters. If BVS is great, and the HT figure is also great, then I might buy one, and the same goes for Joker, but I'll probably get that one regardless of the film's quality.

love the look of joker, love how on the nose it is. leto is a good actor, he'll make it work.

I don't care for his look myself, but to me it comes down to performance. If it is as fantastic as I hope it will be, then who cares about the look.

I'm certain Leto is going to make a fantastic Joker, but I can't have that wreck of a design on my shelf...

I'm curious if we start seeing things at Toy Soul this year. The movie will only be three months out, and Star Wars will have already hit (and, presumably, they'll drop their metaphorical load, or whatever they have left after all of the loads they've dropped since they got the license :lol, between now and when the movie hits, so, we'll probably see all of their figures before they're displayed (maybe). Point is: BvS will be barely three months away by that point, so, I'm really hoping we get some sort of action on that front. It'd be amazing if they had Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and armored Batman on display. I'm not counting on it, nor betting on it, but a guy can hope.

As for Leto Joker stuff, I can fully admit that I'm a ****ing hypocrite. We accept the things that we cannot change :lol, and, if the movie is good, and the performance is good, and I, somehow, manage to be able to afford the rest of the line, I might actually suck it up and buy one, even though I don't think I'll ever not find the design to be garbage.

As for Robbie as Harley and Gadot Wonder Woman, I'm still on the fence. HT's female proportions can be ****, honestly, and even their headsculpts can be hit or miss. I'd love it if we were entering an age where every one of their female sculpts was as high quality as Leia. The proportions still raise an issue, though; especially for Gadot, as she has a very specific body type that I could see giving them trouble.

Not sure about how Batmans cheekbones come across in these figures... Is it just me?

Otherwise they look cool

Back