Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like the forehead tattoo - but see no problem with the rest.
The main problem seems to me, that for whatever reason, it seems that people want to hate on the DCEU for some reason - almost as if it's 'cool' to do so! The MCU is flawed - moreso in some respects in my opinion, but I really like their movies and don't see the need tho whinge and whine about them, but enjoy the fact we're getting really spoiled as comic book fans.
Apart from the forehead tattoo I think Leto's design is the best Joker we've seen so far – people are moaning about his clothes, yet we've clearly seen in the few scenes we have actually seen that he has many costume changes - I fully expect to see a close-to-accurate costume at some point during the SS film, we already know he has a long purple trenchcoat.

bah, I take the Batman movies over Marvel any day
I dig all the Marvel movies I've seen, just always preferred Batman
SS has great potential, the second unit director from Mad Max is the second unit director on SS as well, so you can expect some great action sequences in this movie, too
Joker just looks too forced to me, is all, I'm hoping Leto can distract from it enough to make me get over it during the movie
I'm excited for it though, the trailers for both SS and BvS got me very excited for both

bah, I take the Batman movies over Marvel any day
I dig all the Marvel movies I've seen, just always preferred Batman
SS has great potential, the second unit director from Mad Max is the second unit director on SS as well, so you can expect some great action sequences in this movie, too
Joker just looks too forced to me, is all, I'm hoping Leto can distract from it enough to make me get over it during the movie
I'm excited for it though, the trailers for both SS and BvS got me very excited for both

Personally I grew up reading DC comics – back in the 1970's/80's over here in the UK superhero comic books were scarce and I knew of nobody else who read them. DC comics were easier to pick up so and Batman was so cool, so I read nothing but DC... and 2000AD when that came out. I tried reading Marvel back in the day, but couldn't get into them, but I do appreciate all superhero comic genres.
So when it comes to the movies, although I do really like most of the Marvel movies, I don't have the emotional attachment to them as I do towards DC movies and the Dredd movie – I care for those characters. So, whilst I liked the Civil War trailer, for me personally it was just a good trailer, whereas the BvS trailer and the Suicide Squad trailer were WOW!

From Cat Toys. Clothes set

FB_IMG_1448628939572.jpg

"Given today's society I don't see any reason why tattoos on a criminal/super villain/psycho (or any kind or any placement) is crazy."
That's the problem though, having tattoos in today's society ISN'T crazy.

I concur. It seems in today's society, you have more explaining to do as to why you don't have any tattoos as opposed to explaining why you do and what they signify.

Haha. That video is perfect and shows exactly why the tattoos are so dumb. Can you imagine the Joker having to sit there talking to a tattoo artist about what he wants and then sitting there for however many hours it takes? Then looking in the mirror or checking himself over and saying "Perfect! They look great! Just what I wanted!" It's just an odd thing to picture and feels out of character.

Haha. That video is perfect and shows exactly why the tattoos are so dumb. Can you imagine the Joker having to sit there talking to a tattoo artist about what he wants and then sitting there for however many hours it takes? Then looking in the mirror or checking himself over and saying "Perfect! They look great! Just what I wanted!" It's just an odd thing to picture and feels out of character.
Couldn't the same be said about getting a haircut? His tailor made clothes? I think you guys are thinking to hard about it. You are picking and choosing what real world logic to apply to him. I look at comic movies as a Elseworld version of my favorite characters and enjoy the stories and looks as a standalone version separate from their comic book counter part.

Also maybe he gave them to himself.

Couldn't the same be said about getting a haircut? His tailor made clothes? I think you guys are thinking to hard about it. You are picking and choosing what real world logic to apply to him. I look at comic movies as a Elseworld version of my favorite characters and enjoy the stories and looks as a standalone version separate from their comic book counter part.

Also maybe he gave them to himself.

Can't quite compare a haircut/tailored suit to 40 hours worth of tattoos n such
I'm not trying to hate on the design but the stuff I don't like literally just jumps out at me
I would be down with the tattoos if they appeared to be self-applied but they're far too clean for it
Grungy nasty tattoos would sell the "unhinged" look far better and I'd be all for that

Can't quite compare a haircut/tailored suit to 40 hours worth of tattoos n such
I'm not trying to hate on the design but the stuff I don't like literally just jumps out at me
I would be down with the tattoos if they appeared to be self-applied but they're far too clean for it
Grungy nasty tattoos would sell the "unhinged" look far better and I'd be all for that

Not that I completely disagree with you (as i've already said I don't mind the tattoos, just the forehead one), a simple google search will throw up a multitude of tattooed psychopaths - one guy a doctor said was the most dangerous man they'd ever evaluated - if these guys sit for a tattoo, i'm pretty sure Mr. J would too.

Is it realistic to think a reveal could be coming soon? A new trailer will no doubt be hitting within the next few weeks so it can be attached to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, so it could be a good time to show some things off or at least tease them. Fingers crossed.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned here but a sneak peak for BvS is going to air tonight during Gotham. I'm sure it will also pop up online as well at the same time or shortly after.

Kinda weird but kinda cool. Definitely have never seen something like that before. I bet those are Batman's soldiers (Batman got captured) and Superman kills them before breaking Bruce's neck or something. Gotta be a nightmare.

Back