Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized, I only have 1 female figure in my current sausagefest collection.
I think I used to have 3 or 4, now just catwoman.

This would be a welcome addition to the batman v superman shelf.

7a9ee2584680b05e0ee73b7e7de017cc_zpsdtzhkc5v.jpg

I don't care for his look myself, but to me it comes down to performance. If it is as fantastic as I hope it will be, then who cares about the look.

Way I look at it - nobody 'cared' for Heath Ledger's look when the first TDK images were released, but his performance won everyone over.
Leto is more like the traditional Joker of the comics... permawhite, red lips, green hair... it's only the Tattoos people are having a problem with, and I suspect, like Ledger, after people see his performance they won't even notice the ink!

Way I look at it - nobody 'cared' for Heath Ledger's look when the first TDK images were released, but his performance won everyone over.
Leto is more like the traditional Joker of the comics... permawhite, red lips, green hair... it's only the Tattoos people are having a problem with, and I suspect, like Ledger, after people see his performance they won't even notice the ink!

Unless the film sucks, then no matter how good he is, people will hate him.

That's usually how it goes. People were averse to the casting of Christopher Reeve as Superman way back when; now he is essentially everyone's Supes for life. While I may not initially agree with a casting choice, I'm generally not one to judge until I see the person play the role.

I was never a Ledger hater simply because I felt like the look of his Joker was fine for the universe established by Nolan. My biggest hesitation with Ledger at first was simply that I wasn't terribly familiar with him prior to seeing The Dark Knight and only knew him as one of the guys from Brokeback Mountain.

Leto's Joker to me just looks ridiculously bad. Everything from the cheesy ass tattoos that make him look more like an obsessed Joker fanboy rather than The Joker himself, the fact that he's been shown shirtless in just about every picture we've seen thus far, the teeth that look like grills just all add up to a level where I honestly can't ever see myself being a fan of this version of the character. He looks like some weird crackhead obsessed Joker fanboy or something. It's like Warner and DC just tried way too hard to come up with ways to top Ledger's version of the character and are trying to make Leto's version seem as extreme or more extreme because they think that's what fans want.

I have no problem with the casting of Leto as the Joker, and I don't even have a problem with his silver suit look from the flashback set pics. I just think the way they're marketing him, the whole "tats and sweatpants" albino-Macklemore thing, is ****ing stupid. Even the tattoos, really; do I agree with the idea of The Joker having tattoos? I don't really give a ****, even though it does feel like pandering, to a degree. It's more about how on-the-nose and just lazy they are. I actually dig the Robin on his arm, but the rest is just kind of pathetic and forced. The "damaged" on the forehead, all of the "hahas," and, especially, that stupid jester skull that looks like it belongs on an episode of American Choppers.

It's more of an annoyance, than anything. It's sort of like that feeling you get when a character in one of these movies is reading another character's file and the attached photo is either a promotional photo or a screenshot from a completely staged moment where you know there wouldn't be any pictures taken.:lol Is it forgivable? I trust in Leto's abilities enough to think it is, but that still doesn't mean it's anything less than garbage cluttering an otherwise decent design (as most have mentioned, he has the green hair, white skin, etc.).

True, but I buy my figures based on how they look and whether I care for its incarnation of the character it's portraying. All I'm saying is as of right now, I will not be buying the figure of Leto Joker simply based on it's look. Whether Leto does a great job or not is irrelevant.

That looks pretty cool

Would be nice if Hot Toys took a moment to show what they've got for this, getting antsy!

True, but I buy my figures based on how they look and whether I care for its incarnation of the character it's portraying. All I'm saying is as of right now, I will not be buying the figure of Leto Joker simply based on it's look. Whether Leto does a great job or not is irrelevant.

It's all about personal choice - all i'm saying is that if you put Ledger side-by-side with Leto and go off pure visuals - Leto is closest to the traditional, comicbook Joker.
Personally I don't mind the tattoos... with one exception - the 'damaged' forhead tattoo is totally unnecessary, if they just got rid of that one...

It's all about personal choice - all i'm saying is that if you put Ledger side-by-side with Leto and go off pure visuals - Leto is closest to the traditional, comicbook Joker.
Personally I don't mind the tattoos... with one exception - the 'damaged' forhead tattoo is totally unnecessary, if they just got rid of that one...

I agree on that one. The forehead tattoo is the only one that really bothers me.

Every single tattoo reads "fanboy" IMO
I don't mind Joker having tattoos, I mind the poor decisions made in what tattoos he has and the style of the tattoos

If he were to have "HAHAHA"s on him at all, I imagine they'd be crude and carved into his skin, not neatly organized and flash-tattoo style art

Every single tattoo reads "fanboy" IMO
I don't mind Joker having tattoos, I mind the poor decisions made in what tattoos he has and the style of the tattoos

If he were to have "HAHAHA"s on him at all, I imagine they'd be crude and carved into his skin, not neatly organized and flash-tattoo style art

Why? Any half decent artist could do the hahaha tatto. You can buy the machines for 20 bucks. Or he could just hold some guy at gun point to do it. Or jail house ink. Given today's society I don't see any reason why tattoos on a criminal/super villain/psycho (or any kind or any placement) is crazy. And given that 14 yr old high school girls now got ink and every else too..the only way to really have it stand out, is be crazy with it. Like face ink. Also...what if someone else did it to him?

As for the content of the ink...and it being fanboy...well that fits the character doesn't it? Who's jokers biggest fan? Probably joker. People tend get ink that reflects them (memory's or collections ect) or things the like..or even sayings they like(for some it's religion, some it's poetry, some it's abstract thought.

Why? Any half decent artist could do the hahaha tatto. You can buy the machines for 20 bucks. Or he could just hold some guy at gun point to do it. Or jail house ink. Given today's society I don't see any reason why tattoos on a criminal/super villain/psycho (or any kind or any placement) is crazy. And given that 14 yr old high school girls now got ink and every else too..the only way to really have it stand out, is be crazy with it. Like face ink. Also...what if someone else did it to him?

As for the content of the ink...and it being fanboy...well that fits the character doesn't it? Who's jokers biggest fan? Probably joker. People tend get ink that reflects them (memory's or collections ect) or things the like..or even sayings they like(for some it's religion, some it's poetry, some it's abstract thought.

"Given today's society I don't see any reason why tattoos on a criminal/super villain/psycho (or any kind or any placement) is crazy."
That's the problem though, having tattoos in today's society ISN'T crazy.
There's nothing unhinged about having "damaged" tattooed on your forehead in pretty cursive script lol

Leto's going to be awesome as Joker, but the biggest hurdle he will have is acting so well that the audience can't SEE the flawed design
IMO the only saving grace for that design is if the rumours are true and he is, in fact, Jason Todd, and not the original Joker in that universe

"Given today's society I don't see any reason why tattoos on a criminal/super villain/psycho (or any kind or any placement) is crazy."
That's the problem though, having tattoos in today's society ISN'T crazy.
There's nothing unhinged about having "damaged" tattooed on your forehead in pretty cursive script lol

Leto's going to be awesome as Joker, but the biggest hurdle he will have is acting so well that the audience can't SEE the flawed design
IMO the only saving grace for that design is if the rumours are true and he is, in fact, Jason Todd, and not the original Joker in that universe

I really don't like the forehead tattoo - but see no problem with the rest.
The main problem seems to me, that for whatever reason, it seems that people want to hate on the DCEU for some reason - almost as if it's 'cool' to do so! The MCU is flawed - moreso in some respects in my opinion, but I really like their movies and don't see the need tho whinge and whine about them, but enjoy the fact we're getting really spoiled as comic book fans.
Apart from the forehead tattoo I think Leto's design is the best Joker we've seen so far – people are moaning about his clothes, yet we've clearly seen in the few scenes we have actually seen that he has many costume changes - I fully expect to see a close-to-accurate costume at some point during the SS film, we already know he has a long purple trenchcoat.

Back