Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already 100% sure it'll be a new sculpt, though I was skeptical when they showed the "coming soon" picture.

I just want to see if they improved the new sculpt at all because how it looks right now is kinda bad IMO.

I'm already 100% sure it'll be a new sculpt, though I was skeptical when they showed the "coming soon" picture.

I just want to see if they improved the new sculpt at all because how it looks right now is kinda bad IMO.

Admittedly I was concerned, but pragmatism prevailed. I mean they showed a new sculpt at Toy Soul, they've advertised the figure as including a new sculpt, the specs say specifically it will feature a newly developed sculpt (not simply repainted) and the MoS sculpt isn't an accurate look to represent his look in BvS.

It will have a new sculpt. What that final production sculpt ends up looking like is more the question.

Unfortunately, you're right. Went right over a lot of people's heads. Personally, I don't think he even had to specifically say "Martha" in order for Batman to have an epiphany. "Martha" obviously just rang his bell even more and made it more personal for him.

I agree. I think it's a bit odd, and doesn't make a lot of sense for Superman to say his mom's actual name. I think it would have been more natural for him to say, "My mother! You have to save my mother!" Would have gotten the same message across. Might have even been a little better as it would have avoided Batman's little meltdown hearing his mother's name.

I agree. I think it's a bit odd, and doesn't make a lot of sense for Superman to say his mom's actual name. I think it would have been more natural for him to say, "My mother! You have to save my mother!" Would have gotten the same message across. Might have even been a little better as it would have avoided Batman's little meltdown hearing his mother's name.

:exactly:

I understand why they used "Martha" as a trigger point, but I honestly think it probably caused confusion among viewers in the sense where all they gleaned was:

Wait, so your mother's name is Martha too?

tumblr_mv00n22k4g1s24m93o1_400.gif

:exactly:

I understand why they used "Martha" as a trigger point, but I honestly think it probably caused confusion among viewers in the sense where all they gleaned was:

Wait, so your mother's name is Martha too?

tumblr_mv00n22k4g1s24m93o1_400.gif

I guess they put too much faith on the common viewer's intelligence to comprehend that scene.

I think the point WAS that Martha was both their mother's name though
"save my mother" would have been an afterthought to Bruce after he pushed the spear through Clark's head... he would have been like "wait... did he say something about a mother?"
where as the name Martha actually rang his bell and disoriented him
it was his chance to save his own mother, Martha, something he couldn't do when he was a child but something that motivates and haunts him to this very day

Another tease this time by Plastic Enemies but the pics is the desert landscape with the omega symbol. So we'll see tomorrow.

I think the point WAS that Martha was both their mother's name though
"save my mother" would have been an afterthought to Bruce after he pushed the spear through Clark's head... he would have been like "wait... did he say something about a mother?"
where as the name Martha actually rang his bell and disoriented him
it was his chance to save his own mother, Martha, something he couldn't do when he was a child but something that motivates and haunts him to this very day

Personally the way I read it, by the time they fight Superman knows that Bruce is Batman, and so will know what happened to his Parents... that also tells him why Bruce his driven to become Batman. Armed with this knowledge he would have known what effect hearing his mother's name would have on Bruce. I found the scene powerful.

Personally the way I read it, by the time they fight Superman knows that Bruce is Batman, and so will know what happened to his Parents... that also tells him why Bruce his driven to become Batman. Armed with this knowledge he would have known what effect hearing his mother's name would have on Bruce. I found the scene powerful.

Even though I feel that he didn't need to say Martha to get his point across based on what the scene was intended to mean, this is also at the same time why I personally feel he did say "Martha" and why I had no issue with it.

I think they still could have used the Martha card with Superman shouting, "My mother! You have to save my mother!" Superman says that, Batman sees the humanity in him, they make nice, and before Batman goes off to save her he either asks what her name is or Superman tells him. Batman stops in his tracks, thinks back to the night of the murder, gets a little teary eyed, and says, "I promise you. Martha won't die tonight." Again, it's basically the same message as the actual scene, but I think it would have played a little better this way.

Think you're reading into things and trying to find something that isn't there. It's a bit of a stretch to think Superman said to himself, "If I get in a pickle, I'll just mention his mother's name. That'll really mess with his head and get me out of a pinch."

I don't see how they would not produce the Apocalypse Batman. Everything is basically recycled and the looks is memorable enough.

Back