Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Ben Affleck has just been made an executive producer on Justice League. He'll be working with Chris Terio, his writer on Argo, to "fine-tune" the script, and he'll also have a say in the post-production process. What this means is that Affleck's judgment now supercedes Snyder's on Justice League. Looks like Zack Snyder won't be replaced (yet)--instead he's getting a babysitter.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Ben Affleck has just been made an executive producer on Justice League. He'll be working with Chris Terio, his writer on Argo, to "fine-tune" the script, and he'll also have a say in the post-production process. What this means is that Affleck's judgment now supercedes Snyder's on Justice League. Looks like Zack Snyder won't be replaced (yet)--instead he's getting a babysitter.

Interesting news. Do you plan on seeing it at all?

Interesting news. Do you plan on seeing it at all?

You know, I originally was going to wait for it to hit cable, but I hear such great things about Affleck's performance as Batman that I might check it out just for him. Assuming I'm smart enough to understand it, LOL.

Yes, I've been monitoring this thread, and you guys are hilarious.

You know, I originally was going to wait for it to hit cable, but I hear such great things about Affleck's performance as Batman that I might check it out just for him. Assuming I'm smart enough to understand it, LOL.

Yes, I've been monitoring this thread, and you guys are hilarious.

Yes, he was really good as Batman in BvS.

Why are the people in this thread hilarious?

Yes, he was really good as Batman in BvS.

Why are the people in this thread hilarious?

Because it seems to be the popular opinion in this thread that people who don't like the movie aren't smart enough to understand it. Which, come on--you know how silly that makes you guys sound, right?

Because it seems to be the popular opinion in this thread that people who don't like the movie aren't smart enough to understand it. Which, come on--you know how silly that makes you guys sound, right?

You guys?

I never said anyone who dislikes it isn't smart. People are free to their opinion. Doesn't mean one is "stupid" just because they don't concur with you. My opinion is just that it doesn't make sense to dislike and denigrate a film you've never seen.

You guys?

I never said anyone who dislikes it isn't smart. People are free to their opinion. Doesn't mean one is "stupid" just because they don't concur with you. My opinion is just that it doesn't make sense to dislike and denigrate a film you've never seen.

I haven't seen you disagreeing with it, though. It seems to be a sort of received wisdom on this thread right now, that this movie is just too smart and the general audience is too dumb and that's the whole problem, and it makes the people saying it sound like Flat-Earthers. The Earth is round. And not everyone who gave the movie a negative review is dumb.

I've disliked and denigrated Man of Steel, and since that version of Superman is in BvS, I've stayed away from BvS thus far. But like I said, I'm becoming interested in Ben Affleck's Batman so I may check it out this weekend (after Civil War.)

I haven't seen you disagreeing with it, though. It seems to be a sort of received wisdom on this thread right now, that this movie is just too smart and the general audience is too dumb and that's the whole problem, and it makes the people saying it sound like Flat-Earthers. The Earth is round. And not everyone who gave the movie a negative review is dumb.

I've disliked and denigrated Man of Steel, and since that version of Superman is in BvS, I've stayed away from BvS thus far. But like I said, I'm becoming interested in Ben Affleck's Batman so I may check it out this weekend (after Civil War.)

So since I haven't told them that their opinion is wrong, that makes me guilty of thinking the same way as them?

That version of Superman is going to be in JL as well, and any subsequent film.

That version of Superman is going to be in JL as well, and any subsequent film.

I know. It makes me sad. I have high hopes for Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad though, and if Affleck being promoted to Executive Producer means that Snyder is being removed from his former position of ultimate decision-maker for the DC movies, the maybe Affleck can begin to nudge Superman in a better direction.

"Stay down! If I wanted it--you'd be dead already!" is not something Superman should say. It amazes me that Warner Brothers can't understand that.

I know. It makes me sad. I have high hopes for Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad though, and if Affleck being promoted to Executive Producer means that Snyder is being removed from his former position of ultimate decision-maker for the DC movies, the maybe Affleck can begin to nudge Superman in a better direction.

"Stay down! If I wanted it--you'd be dead already!" is not something Superman should say. It amazes me that Warner Brothers can't understand that.

Perhaps they have a different opinion than yours on what Superman "should" be like? I personally didn't have an issue with it because if you saw the film, it demonstratd that Superman wasn't interested in killing Batman, even though that's what Luthor wanted him to do or else his mother would die. He would rather die than do the bidding for a villain by killing a person (Batman) who he knew was actually a good person who simply fell victim to a cynical world. Even though that person was adamant about killing him.

That's just personally how I saw it.

Just because this version isn't what you want it to be based on another interpretation, doesn't mean this interpretation is any less valid than others.

Perhaps they have a different opinion than yours on what Superman "should" be like? I personally didn't have an issue with it because if you saw the film, it demonstratd that Superman wasn't interested in killing Batman, even though that's what Luthor wanted him to do or else his mother would die. He would rather die than do the bidding for a villain by killing a person (Batman) who he knew was actually a good person. Even though that person was adamant about killing him.

That's just personally how I saw it.

Superman shouldn't have even bothered fighting Batman. Instead he should've reasoned with him. He's Superman. He can lift skyscrapers. And because of that, it's vitally important that he be an inspiration to all of us.

Superman shouldn't have even bothered fighting Batman. Instead he should've reasoned with him. He's Superman. He can lift skyscrapers. And because of that, it's vitally important that he be an inspiration to all of us.

If you saw the film, he was trying to reason with him. He was defending himself against a guy that was adamant about killing him. As mentioned, he would rather die than kill a person who he knew deep down was a hero and do the bidding for a villain, even if that villain said that his mother will die if he (Superman) doesn't kill that person.

Here's a theory I have:

Superman's parents told him maybe he shouldn't have saved that school bus full of children, and that he doesn't owe this world a thing.

Batman brands criminals, knowing the brand will make them targets for murder in prison.

Wonder Woman abandoned the world for a century after she saw the atrocities of the first world war.

We haven't been watching the three founding members of the Justice League. We've been watching the three founding members of the Justice Lords.

And if the movies actually had the guts to go in that direction it would be amazing. Then, after the Justice Lords take over the world (for its own good!) by the end of the first Justice League movie, the real Justice League --a Batman who doesn't brand people, a Superman who had morally centered parents and really enjoys doing good, and a Wonder Woman who never gave up on humanity--can appear in the sequel to defeat them.

Here's a theory I have:

Superman's parents told him maybe he shouldn't have saved that school bus full of children, and that he doesn't owe this world a thing.

Batman brands criminals, knowing the brand will make them targets for murder in prison.

Wonder Woman abandoned the world for a century after she saw the atrocities of the first world war.

We haven't been watching the three founding members of the Justice League. We've been watching the three founding members of the Justice Lords.

And if the movies actually had the guts to go in that direction it would be amazing. Then, after the Justice Lords take over the world (for its own good!) by the end of the first Justice League movie, the real Justice League --a Batman who doesn't brand people, a Superman who had morally centered parents and really enjoys doing good, and a Wonder Woman who never gave up on humanity--can appear in the sequel to defeat them.

Well, from my perspective, the movies had the guts NOT to go in that direction simply because that's the safe route based on what has been done before. And they did turn out amazing. In my opinion, of course.

I saw the three founding members of the JL, personally. And I like the way they went about forming them in this film. Sorry to hear you didn't see them. But you haven't seen the film, so that does make sense why you didn't see them.

I feel you, I didn't "get" MOS for at long time, and I'm still not liking it too much. But I think, that since Superman is all powerful, they have tried to make him human by giving him doubt. He's uncertain of who he is and what his place in the world is. Should he be a God, a savior and human? In both films (for me, personally, better in BvS) he is searching for his place in this world. He is uncertain. In the fight with Batman, yeah, he should have just kept talking, but he is not yet a God in these movies, he got a bit pissed off with Batman, and I think he wanted to neutralize him, and then they could talk. He never got that far... But I like all the doubt they have given him, cause God-like Superman has been done, and done well (Superman I and II (Donner cut) are the best Superhero films in my opinion)), so they have tried a new direction. His mom and dad didn't want him not to save the school bus, they were trying to protect their kid. "Parents of the year - award"? Maybe not, but I'm a father, I understand what they did. He is different, maybe the government will take him away and cut him up, maybe he will make a mistake and billions will die. Sorry, getting of point. My point is, this Superman knows he is a God, but he is also human. He's not above us, he is among us. And that felt real, like if indeed such a man should land on earth, would we want him to assume the part of God? It is the story of Jesus (not that I'm Christian), he has to learn humanity. I hope the next solo Superman spend more time on this.

Back