Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. If people are going to talk about and analyse film and they can barely comprehend what is happening on the surface by saying things like "They become friends just because their mothers share the same name"....then yeah that demonstrates the personal deficiencies of the viewer, not the film. That isn't a proper analysis of plot, character development and themes.

So thanks for agreeing with me.

That's spot-on to be honest, it seems that the people who come on here that didn't like the movie are quite frankly not intelligent enough to understand it... and considering it's not all that hard to understand, that really is saying something!

Calling us pretentious is hardly a compliment, particularly after stating you were just joking.
Anyway, we're not pretentious we're just able to understand a superhero movie.

You're going to complain about being called pretentious right after you've called someone a simple minded fool?

You are pretentious for trying to make out that you understand things better than everyone else.

Welcome to the ****** club. :lol

See, post like this is respectable cause you make intelligent valid points why you're disappointed with the movie.
There have been many people Who posted the same credible points, and I have a lot of respect for that.
ive never seen a movie much more heavily divided than this, so it's understandable how it's heavily debated.
And lots of people have made credible opinions why they like/dislike the movie.

I friend of mine was gonna take her kids to see this movie and I even cautioned her and recommended not taking the younger ones, but the teen one should be ok.
Although I love the movie, I know full well it isn't for everyone, specially for kids, unlike marvel movies where it's made for the general public.

My only issue is when it gets a negative review, because it's not like marvel, or people oversimplified some of the things in the movie, like the Martha comments, or coming in the BvS thread...not make intelligent valid points...then follow that up by saying you've never seen the movie.

:exactly:

My sentiments as well. I don't expect everyone to like the film and I realize that it's not for everyone and that it won't appeal to everyone. I've seen a lot of people who don't like it make a lot of genuinely good points on why they didn't. I can respect that. What I do question are the ones who make shallow statements and seem to simply recite the same thing over and over again, so I can't help but think maybe it did indeed go over their heads a bit. Doesn't mean everyone who disliked it is stupid, I would just perhaps suggest to them to watch the film again and take another look.

I realize not everyone has the same opinions as me. When they genuinely give things thought and come to an inescapable conclusion abut something after careful consideration, that I can respect. When they have a different opinion but their opinion is just based on what everyone else tells them and what the popular opinion is without them giving it any thought of their own out of laziness or ignorance, that I don't respect.

:exactly:

My sentiments as well. I don't expect everyone to like the film and I realize that it's not for everyone and that it won't appeal to everyone. I've seen a lot of people who don't like it make a lot of genuinely good points on why they didn't. I can respect that. What I do question are the ones who make shallow statements and seem to simply recite the same thing over and over again, so I can't help but think maybe it did indeed go over their heads a bit. Doesn't mean everyone who disliked it is stupid, I would just perhaps suggest to them to watch the film again and take another look.

I realize not everyone has the same opinions as me. When they genuinely give things thought and come to an inescapable conclusion abut something after careful consideration, that I can respect. When they have a different opinion but their opinion is just based on what everyone else tells them and what the popular opinion is without them giving it any thought of their own out of laziness or ignorance, that I don't respect.

Some people are sheep by nature; following the herd and the opinions of the masses. It's a lot easier to be a follower, you don't have to come up with any new ideas or opinions, you just do or say what ever your told to do or say.. or in this case regurgitate reviews they read on the internet

So to go back on the topic of BvS figures, does anyone think they'll release an Aquaman figure for the film since he already has a lot of merchandise?

So to go back on the topic of BvS figures, does anyone think they'll release an Aquaman figure for the film since he already has a lot of merchandise?

No. The only appearance he makes in the film is in the video file that Bruce Wayne opens and watches. If they make another figure for this film, I honestly think it would likely just be a BD version of Armored Batman.

Some people are sheep by nature; following the herd and the opinions of the masses. It's a lot easier to be a follower, you don't have to come up with any new ideas or opinions, you just do or say what ever your told to do or say.. or in this case regurgitate reviews they read on the internet

All too true, unfortunately.

I see very little hope or inspiration from Cavill's Superman. The same could probably be said for Reeve's Superman when you think about it. Both guys seem like the driving force behind their decisions is Lois. Reeve's Superman gave up his powers to be with Lois, while Cavill's Superman's only connection to humanity seems to be Lois. His mother as well, I guess, but overall he seems very disconnected from the human race to me. He goes off and has his little exile and talk with ghost dad, and the main thing that comes out of that discussion is to have a woman by his side to take his mind off the naysayers and people who doubt his intentions. And, that's it? That's all that's keeping him from throwing in the towel and giving up? You'd like to think he has other sources of hope and inspiration, but Lois really seems to be the driving force for his return from exile, and his reason for even donning the suit and cape at all.

Or you could argue that their motivation is love. I thought Man of Steel was a bit of a mess, but I really liked Cavill Superman in BvS. They talk about him being an Alien all the time. But was he is taught throughout the film is how to be human. He is not a god, he makes mistakes, but love, for a woman, your familiy or the human race... that is one of the things that makes us human. And It is set up in the first scene with Lois and Clark, in the bathtub. She's scared that they can't love each other. They story his father is telling him on the mountain, is on that point. The world is hard, and just when you think that you have done good, you have done wrong, but love, love is always there and it is the beacon that leads us to become better humans.
I think Cavill plays this very well. He is confused by the concept of humanity. Because he is different. But in the end, he understands this, he accepts life as a human. And he shows that he cares.
That is what I got out of it anyway. I went in rooting for Batman, but came out loving Superman. Yes, Batffleck was the best Bats yet, but I do think that Cavill did more. Maybe it's too simple, but I like simple. It is hard being human, but God damn it, if you have love, it's a bit easier. To make the right decisions, to be a better you, to strive to do right.

Or you could argue that their motivation is love. I thought Man of Steel was a bit of a mess, but I really liked Cavill Superman in BvS. They talk about him being an Alien all the time. But was he is taught throughout the film is how to be human. He is not a god, he makes mistakes, but love, for a woman, your familiy or the human race... that is one of the things that makes us human. And It is set up in the first scene with Lois and Clark, in the bathtub. She's scared that they can't love each other. They story his father is telling him on the mountain, is on that point. The world is hard, and just when you think that you have done good, you have done wrong, but love, love is always there and it is the beacon that leads us to become better humans.
I think Cavill plays this very well. He is confused by the concept of humanity. Because he is different. But in the end, he understands this, he accepts life as a human. And he shows that he cares.
That is what I got out of it anyway. I went in rooting for Batman, but came out loving Superman. Yes, Batffleck was the best Bats yet, but I do think that Cavill did more. Maybe it's too simple, but I like simple. It is hard being human, but God damn it, if you have love, it's a bit easier. To make the right decisions, to be a better you, to strive to do right.

Great points. Never thought of it that way myself.

With all the exposure he got prior to the films release I was surprised he had so little screentime. I would love an Aquaman figure though, but it may be a JL figure or a special release.

The points you raised have been time and again addressed - and all it's proven is that you didn't understand parts of the movie.

Why persist in repeating yourself... you complain about being percieved a troll while acting like one!

Lots of people have raised lots of points. Just because they've been brought up before doesn't mean they're invalid. In fact, it's more likely to mean the opposite.

You've accused me of being a troll countless times, and now you're lecturing me about saying something more than once?

We're not saying ALL people that hate the film are dumb – but with all due respect, reading your posts and reasons you didn't like the film, it is pretty obvious you failed to understand a lot of it.

I have a pretty funny story about misunderstanding the movie.
Yesterday, I got to see BvS for the 4th time cause my oldest brother and my best friend has been nagging at me to watch it with them. I was gonna wait for the rumored 3 hr "R" rated version re-release, but my brother said he'll pay for the ticket, so we watched it yesterday along with my brother's wife. I told them up front how I'm sure they'll have lots of questions which I'll answer after the movie.

At the "Martha" scene where Lois tells Batman "Martha, its his mother's name"! My brother's wife says out loud...they're brothers?!!!
I smacked my forehead and laughed out loud. LMAO :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

At the end of the movie, sure enough, they asked me tons of questions cause they were confused. But they all loved it.
My brother's wife actually wanted to sneak back in the theater and watch it again cause now that she has a better understanding, she wanted to see it again.
My best friend said he cant wait to own it on bluray.
But the joke of the day, was the "They're brothers"?!!! we kept repeating it and laugh.
Even this morning, when I thought about it, I was still cracking up. :lol

Back