Hot Toys Batman DX teaser pic...AT LAST!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not brilliant, but I ran the blurred image through the unsharp mask on photoshop, have a look:

batssharp.jpg

Good effort, does show some slimming to my eyes, but the profile still looks off, Medi has it perfect

I would be VERY surprised (but also VERY impressed) if they did a removable cowl head.

Well, it's either

Sonar TDK Head
TDK Head with PERS Eyes
New Bruce Head

Total 3 heads

OR, as mentioned

Sonar TDK Head
Bruce Head with PERS and Removeable Cowl

Total 2 heads and 2nd Mask. Probably not as the Head might be too big. BUT it would be cool to have a Bruce head with PERS Eyes that could work Masked or Unmasked. :blackbat

Yes I fought with my self for such a long time not to go ahead and buy the standerd MMS Dark Knight Batman now my hard work has paid off...

why hot toys, why do you make my wallet hurt!!!!:D definately getting me some more bats!!!!!!!

Well, it's either

Sonar TDK Head
TDK Head with PERS Eyes
New Bruce Head

Total 3 heads

OR, as mentioned

Sonar TDK Head
Bruce Head with PERS and Removeable Cowl

Total 2 heads and 2nd Mask. Probably not as the Head might be too big. BUT it would be cool to have a bruce head with PERS Eyes that couold also work Masked over. :blackbat

Agreed, i think it will be 3 heads

you just didn't make sense at all.

First you say the sticky gun looks very nice on the belt, but when assembled it looks like a cheap toy, on a blurry picture :rolleyes:

what's the problem?

on his belt it looks classy but once you start placing it in his hands I don't like it. Just how I feel. Hope that's ok - not too hard for you to take - someone elses opinion?
When you get yours put your sticky bomb gun in his hand..buy a second and put it in his other hand so he weilds two at once - your choice - but I wouldnt pick on you just coz I don't agree..I'd respect what you had done.

I know it's not brilliant, but I ran the blurred image through the unsharp mask on photoshop, have a look:

batssharp.jpg

Worth a shot, but sharpening a blurred image won't change the blowing up of the subject that the blurring did, it'll just make it seem more in focus.

Yes I fought with my self for such a long time not to go ahead and buy the standerd MMS Dark Knight Batman now my hard work has paid off...

ow yeah, that kind of effort commands great respect and awe.
You should get a master degree for that kind of hard work, you've earned it

what's the problem?

on his belt it looks classy but once you start placing it in his hands I don't like it. Just how I feel. Hope that's ok - not too hard for you to take - someone elses opinion?

that is the whole point!
you cannot see it because the picture is BLUR. You cannot judge anything, not the gun, not how it looks in hands because the picture just isn't sharp enought to make a judgement!

So it somehow makes me laugh out hard that you are breaking some elements down, eventhough you can't see the full potential of it :rolleyes:

It's a double edged sword though isn't it.

Shouldn't we be pleased that they strive to improve their figures as the technology advances?

Thank god I didnt win some of those bids on eBay. I cant wait to see the rest of this baby and what they are going to include with him!

that is the whole point!
you cannot see it because the picture is BLUR. You cannot judge anything, not the gun, not how it looks in hands because the picture just isn't sharp enought to make a judgement!

So it somehow makes me laugh out hard that you are breaking some elements down, eventhough you can't see the full potential of it :rolleyes:

dude chill, while you have a point, that isn't what he's talking about.

his whole beef with it is, just the image/idea of the figure itself holding the gun looks off to him. doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the pic or the pending quality of the gun put together.

Shouldn't we be pleased that they strive to improve their figures as the technology advances?

Yes, and a case like the Begins Batman, I think that applies. I won't say the 2005 Batman was crap, it was as good as anything HT for back in the day, they've grown infinitely in a few years and revisiting that with their better talents is justifiable I think.

Cases like Wolf Predator, Predator 2, Joker and TDK Batman, are the result of greed, not better products.

The things included with the second Predator were not beyond HT's abilities the first time around, so it was purely about selling more.

Wolf, Joker and Batman were incomplete and erroneous respectively because they were rushed to be out in time for the theatrical release of the movie without all the best reference and really understanding what was used on screen.

It's great that they work to improve things, but it'd be nice in cases like some of these if they just held off on figures made from new movies or TV shows until they had the actual source to watch and know what goodies and such really make the figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back