Hot Toys Batman DX teaser pic...AT LAST!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know NOTHING about Hot Toys, but I've heard people say that they were hoping a "DX" version was released. What exactly is a "DX" version? Is it a combination of the first two HT Batman pieces, giving a collector the best of both "worlds"?

Almost 25 pages in about 8 hours. Let's consolidate for anyone who hasn't the energy to go through that much (me). I've seen two pictures. Is that all?

EDIT: Yeah I read a few more pages, all conjecture and retreads of the last 2 DX Batman threads.

Last edited:
So I know NOTHING about Hot Toys, but I've heard people say that they were hoping a "DX" version was released. What exactly is a "DX" version? Is it a combination of the first two HT Batman pieces, giving a collector the best of both "worlds"?

Deluxe basically.

Are the DXs more limited as well?

No, from HT's newsletter, the MMSDX line (regular figures are MMS) is a line of figures just like their standard product, that will feature accessories and features like posable eyes that take the figure above and beyond what is packed in a typical figure set.

DX Joker is 2 unique, full costumes in 1 set with 2 heads, one featuring posable eyes, and a display base with LED spotlights built into it.

No, from HT's newsletter, the MMSDX line (regular figures are MMS) is a line of figures just like their standard product, that will feature accessories and features like posable eyes that take the figure above and beyond what is packed in a typical figure set.

DX Joker is 2 unique, full costumes in 1 set with 2 heads, one featuring posable eyes, and a display base with LED spotlights built into it.

I dont think so, I think it is just another line like MMS.

So is the consensus that if you don't own ANY of the Batman DK line, then this is the one to buy? (I might give in here, in the near future.)

Almost 25 pages in about 8 hours. Let's consolidate for anyone who hasn't the energy to go through that much (me). I've seen two pictures. Is that all?

EDIT: Yeah I read a few more pages, all conjecture and retreads of the last 2 DX Batman threads.

this just goes to show the power of this character and the affect TDK had on everyone here.

of course, comments range from positive to negative, but nonetheless, some figures/characters will undoubtedly garner more attention than others.

So is the consensus that if you don't own ANY of the Batman DK line, then this is the one to buy? (I might give in here, in the near future.)

Yes, I think it's almost certain, this will be a better looking figure than the first TDK Batman, even if it's not the best it can be, better than the one before it, should include all the accessories the first one had and include much more, it already includes his sticky bomb gun and Hong Kong cape pack, which the first figure did not.

you nailed it.

also, the consensus is, us HT and Bat fans are willing to take anything up our sphincter.

alright HT....i'm ready for some more. bring it on.

Yes, I think it's almost certain, this will be a better looking figure than the first TDK Batman, even if it's not the best it can be, better than the one before it, should include all the accessories the first one had and include much more, it already includes his sticky bomb gun and Hong Kong cape pack, which the first figure did not.

I suppose the feelings are the same about the DX Joker as well? (I don't own ANY HTs, but these two I've had my eye on.)

I see the back of his head and a super blurry pic that makes him look even bulkier...hard to say def buy yet, as my main problem with the first one was the headsculpt. I like the backpack though.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but did you all notice the blur pic, his belt has no pouches or capsules on it...

And since the back pic shows the sticky gun on the belt with no obvious clips, could this mean maybe magnetic belt with removable parts?

if anyone has friends at the nsa with some free time they might have the software to "fix" that blurred image ;).

back image shoulder pads smaller check, hard to tell if they anchored to the chest piece yet.

far as the folding cape goes, yes the cape folded into a backpack thingy but he also had the sky hook chute under there you could assume the cape folded over the chute holder to make that backpack shape.

can't wait for better pics.

ur a genius......... lol i have the batpod and never got the first batman fig so this will be perfect....... it will go with my two face br joker and the new dx joker yay lol

ur a genius......... lol i have the batpod and never got the first batman fig so this will be perfect....... it will go with my two face br joker and the new dx joker yay lol

I'm not sure this figure will be suitable for the Batpod, the head looks to run smoothly into the neck armor, no shadow from a gap like the first figure.

The original TDK Batman has some features in its construction to allow him to look right on the Batpod, the bigged being a bigger opening around the neck at the back of the head to allow it to tilt back for proper riding poses.

If the DX figure can even mount the Batpod, I have a feeling the head will be looking down at it rather than up at the "road".

How do you know that is actually the new version in the apparent teaser image? I'm talking about the blurred one.

Could it not be the V1 figure and some one messing about? lol!

Here it is at last guys, hoping to have more specs next week-

HT_BATMAN_DX_T1.jpg

I knew I was saving my money for a reason :rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

if anyone has friends at the nsa with some free time they might have the software to "fix" that blurred image ;).

back image shoulder pads smaller check, hard to tell if they anchored to the chest piece yet.

far as the folding cape goes, yes the cape folded into a backpack thingy but he also had the sky hook chute under there you could assume the cape folded over the chute holder to make that backpack shape.

can't wait for better pics.

The skyhook chute was inside a propellant canister attached to a harness he just had on his back, probably on his belt, he just took it out and looped it around himself and Lau, the canister shot out the parachute for the skyhook after the explosion, it was on the front of Lau.

So no parachute or harness or gear under the "pack" it was just the cape folded up. The whole intention of the pack design was that they were going to use it for him riding on the batpod, because the designers and Nolan assumed he wouldn't be able to ride with the cape, but when they did the tests and found the cape billowed perfectly they dropped it. They then just lumped it into the hong kong scene. I was under the impression that he allowed him to pack away the cape and conceal himself as he may have gotten to the top of that building by other means (than climbing, maybe he went through the inside, with a big coat covering his suit and gear) since he didn't have his cowl on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back