Action Figure Hot Toys Batman Begins 1/6 or 1/4, DX or MMS, Wishlist General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you get a Hot Toys Batman Begins DX?

• Yes

Votes: 166 62.9%
  • Yes (Not pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 26 9.8%
  • No (No interest)

Votes: 45 17.0%
  • No (Pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters
Re: Hot Toys Batmang Begins DX

This would be the fourth release of this figure by HT's. Talk about re-hashing a figure. They would increase the price of this even more. Look at the outcry over the BR Joker V2.0 and the price. What more are they going to add to this figure except PERS? I purchased the previous three and have so many accessories. There would be QC issues with this one as well.

Yup, nothing more they can do. Batmang Begins has been covered.

View attachment 125776

I wouldn't include Batmang Begins "Demon" in that list...completely different figure.

And notice the progress Hot Toys has made since the first release. It just keeps getting better and better.

With all of the QC issues that some collectors have experienced with their 2011 TF Batmang (ankle problems, suit cracking)-a DX with a few extra accessories, new base, updated headsculpt, and more durable suit would justify a new Batmang Begins figure.

Plus we need some new DX's-can't belive Marty Mcfly wasn't a DX!

That's just one and there is no telling when that will be announced.

And I didn't even mention the amount of collectors in the market now compared to summer of 2011. Hot Toys will eventually get around doing this figure again, it's just a matter of time.

Yeah, it will probably be too expensive for you anyways. :lol

:duff

Mmmm, so smooth that cowl is. Oh yes.

Yeah, if it did happen it would probably be $300 or something for the same old crap. You're right.

Glad I got out of the Hot Toys Dark Knight game while the going is still good. Nothing like getting a some good $$$ for things you paid MSRP or less for. It'll be a sad day when all these figures flood the market for pennies.

You made a good point though when you posted the past three Batmang figures. Each figure was clearly improved upon compared to the previous one.

I'm all for Hot Toys coming out with 2.0's if that means more accuracy and realism.

You made a good point though when you posted the past three Batmang figures. Each figure was clearly improved upon compared to the previous one.

I'm all for Hot Toys coming out with 2.0's if that means more accuracy and realism.

MMS 155 Toy Fairs from 2011 wasn't really an improvement over the MMS 67 Original Costume from 2008 though.

Unless of course broken ankles, knees, peeling/dry looking suit w/ rib dents, soft sculpting on the mouth plates and crappy cape constitute as "improved". If I had to choose one, I'd take the original 67 over the Toy Fairs one any day.

I've only seen YouTube reviews of the MMS67 and compared to the TF Version, the TF Ver. is the better looking figure (better paint apps and a BruceWayne head sculpt) by a long shot.

And I agree, the TF Ver. has it's QC issues. Now, are they due to Hot Toys being careless and not putting the best quality in their work or is it due to collectors not handling their figure with care? Probably a mixture of both. But again, with those issues, a DX Batmang Begins figure is needed.

I had both of those figures. DiFabio speaks the truth, particularly the brittle ankles that inevitably broke, and shoddy rubber on the suit. As I had no desire of doing the "first night out" look or bashing a Bruce with that less than great Wayne sculpt, the only thing that was a real improvement for me was the extra faces on the cowl, and there HT took the cheap route of modifying a flawed cowl instead of sculpting a totally new one, which was really needed. Now, look what they're doing with Joker? Reverting to a 7 year old sculpt in lieu of a new one. . .which actually might not be so bad when you consider that that older sculpt really beats both Ledger DX sculpts.

I don't think a DX Begins Bats is needed. But I do think we'll get one, with crappy cape, inaccurate sculpt, and probably other issues. Will probably cost $400.

Nope.

Judging by their current attempts, they'd put just a little bit of effort into it and the thing would still be over priced garbage once the newness factor wore off. It's clear Hot Toys isn't interested in putting out the best Batman or Joker they can out there, but instead, several mediocre ones. If they made the best one they could from the get go, then they wouldn't be able to get people to buy more later on.

I'm assuming you are referring to the Joker 2.0 Bank Robber.

The Mark 1 2.0 and DX11 2.0 were both excellent figures and fairly priced and show Hot Toys can up their game when revisiting an old figure.

I had both of those figures. DiFabio speaks the truth, particularly the brittle ankles that inevitably broke, and shoddy rubber on the suit. As I had no desire of doing the "first night out" look or bashing a Bruce with that less than great Wayne sculpt, the only thing that was a real improvement for me was the extra faces on the cowl, and there HT took the cheap route of modifying a flawed cowl instead of sculpting a totally new one, which was really needed. Now, look what they're doing with Joker? Reverting to a 7 year old sculpt in lieu of a new one. . .which actually might not be so bad when you consider that that older sculpt really beats both Ledger DX sculpts.

I don't think a DX Begins Bats is needed. But I do think we'll get one, with crappy cape, inaccurate sculpt, and probably other issues. Will probably cost $400.

Hot Toys could easily offer new sculpted cowls, new cape, new base, and an updated headsculpt similar to the one offered in the TDK Armory set for $269-$299.

Care to make the Tony Stark version as well? That head has been used in at least 5 figures that I know of (ARmor test, Mark VII BD, Rose Hill, Mechanic, Silver Centurion) and prolly even more, like the upcoming Mark III die cast, that has that censored Tony face. They pulled that **** during the Mark III bd and ended up using the Mark II head :lol

What do you guys want-a head sculpt with a different facial expression for every different suit? Like a smiling Bruce Wayne sculpt? Or a Tony Stark sculpt from a scene where he is having one of his panic attacks? That won't happen. In my opinion, neutral expressions are the best due to the range of different poses that they can go with.

I don't mind the same head sculpt used-as long as it is accurate and the paint apps improve.

And for those pic comparisons.
-I still can't see how you think the V2 BR Joker looks the same as V1...V1 looks terrible right next to the V2. That just reinforced my decision to get the V2.
-The Bruce Wayne sculpt is a newly painted head sculpt to give him a younger look.
-Jim Gordon/Bat Signal looks about 8 years older than the SWAT version, which it should.
-The TF Bat and the 2008 Bat do look very similar, but I'm going to blame it on the harsh lighting in that pic. But I'm not sure why you didn't use this pic...
8DK_Batman_12inches.jpg

:lecture

Yeah, I can't see any improvements from that one compared to this one...

mms155c-z.jpg

Last edited:

What do you guys want-a head sculpt with a different facial expression for every different suit? Like a smiling Bruce Wayne sculpt? Or a Tony Stark sculpt from a scene where he is having one of his panic attacks? That won't happen. In my opinion, neutral expressions are the best due to the range of different poses that they can go with.
Of course, and we have a dozen of almost same sculpts. Actually they are doing different expression sculpts for Stark and Thor, why not for Bruce?

I don't mind the same head sculpt used-as long as it is accurate and the paint apps improve.
I mind, because they are exactly the same.

Of course, and we have a dozen of almost same sculpts. Actually they are doing different expression sculpts for Stark and Thor, why not for Bruce?

I mind, because they are exactly the same.

Tell that to DiFabio and Hydeous.

And as far as the head sculpts, they are not exatcly the same. And take a look at the pic comparisons of Wayne in the original costume compared to the TF Exclusive...are those the same head sculpts? Didn't think so.

Back