Action Figure Hot Toys Batman Begins 1/6 or 1/4, DX or MMS, Wishlist General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you get a Hot Toys Batman Begins DX?

• Yes

Votes: 166 62.9%
  • Yes (Not pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 26 9.8%
  • No (No interest)

Votes: 45 17.0%
  • No (Pleased with my 2011 TF Version)

Votes: 27 10.2%

• Total voters
Re: Hot Toys Batmang Begins DX

I've been wanting a great 1/6 figure of the Begins suit for years now, but none of the previous HT versions cut it for me, so I've held off.

These days, I'm more interested in a LOS Bruce Wayne - a DX of that would be sweet actually. :exactly:

I think it is worthy if they make his eyes close to what they done with Keaton Batman sculpt (eyes and cowl as separate pieces, because they look better that way, and movie accurate). They also have to shorten the neck, make one piece of good falling cloth cape (wired, to make flying pose), include stand that allows flying pose, work on his body to make it not with thin rubber as an Exclusive one, work on boots and ankles, make a belt with all the removable pieces, include grapnel gun with a string option. It would be nice if they make separate body for the "first night out" without the bat logo, just as it was in the movie, and make two sculpted headsculpts (because cloth balaclava leaves marks on painted headsculpt), and include stapler from first talk with Gordon.
That would be cool BB DX.

I would love to see this happen. I have the TF version, but I'm scared to death to pull it out of the box due to all of the horror stories on this board. It would be nice to get a good, definitive version of this figure in 1/6. I have the Enterbay version and love it, but I may sell it just to stay with the 1/6 line.

You're dreaming if you think they'll give you two rubber suits in one DX set... unless it's $425+

I have a feeling the "First-Night-Out" version will stay with the TF Ex, even though it was inaccurate with the chest. If they do a DX Batman Begins, it will probably be an updated suit, hopefully something similar to the DX12 but the old suit, minus the rubber like that had done upgrading from the DX02. If they can get the PERS right, it would definitely help with the posing since he can't turn his head with the old cowl. And why not throw in the pneumatic mangler as an accessory or EX part... Wishful thinking, if they sold it with the Bat Signal and Commissioner (not SWAT) Gordon, hell I'd buy that even if it will be $600-$700.

For me, the image of Batman in "Begins" is more impressive than the following parts. It would be cool to hot Toys reissued this figure with the current technology, avoiding the problems of the past release (with a rubber suit).

I agree the rubber suits from the original Batman begins are a little rough and they really don't pose well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you think they would do differently just better rubber or a different material altogether?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind this "Armory" and have the BB 2.0 figure inside as well. The parts can then be put together like the recent TDK armory and be a Batman figure on it's own. All in all an improved BB suit would be great. Don't want to pick up the original due to all the issues it has.

BatmanBeginsBluRay1080px26451Judasmp4_004970715_zps00727074.jpg~original

BatmanBeginsBluRay1080px26451Judasmp4_004973176_zps2734383f.jpg~original

BatmanBeginsBluRay1080px26451Judasmp4_004977514_zps179c2936.jpg~original

Last edited:

I never noticed before but is that the cape hanging up on a peg next to the cowl? :lol seems kind of funny to think of him just hanging his cape up on a clothes hook, like hanging a coat up. Haha.

It surprises me that with all the jokes the thread title still hasn't been changed :lol does the OP even realize it? :lol

I never noticed before but is that the cape hanging up on a peg next to the cowl? :lol seems kind of funny to think of him just hanging his cape up on a clothes hook, like hanging a coat up. Haha.

Yep that's the cape :lol I guess it's to play up the whole beginning idea and how he doesn't have a proper armory or anything just yet.

It surprises me that with all the jokes the thread title still hasn't been changed :lol does the OP even realize it? :lol

Yep that's the cape :lol I guess it's to play up the whole beginning idea and how he doesn't have a proper armory or anything just yet.

I wondered that about the title too. :lol it'd be a shame to see it change now though. :)

Yeah I gathered its all just to show how early and make shift everything is in Begins, which I do like. I love the shakey old lift that takes him down to the cave and the fact that his suit is kept in what looks like an old closet with drawers, just seems quite funny to see the cape hanging there like bath robe. :lol

What others have said... better BW sculpt, shorter neck, better cape but same suit as the OC would do me fine. Love me a new OC Batmang.

I literally just want a well done cowl for the begins suit. I have the toy fair cowl on my OC as it has a better faceplate but it still has the long neck of the cowl.

I've got a custom cape and gauntlets and I'm gonna use the new belt from the TDK armoury so I literally just need a new cowl, that's the only thing ruining the figure.

Having said all that, I'd probably still get a new version if it was done well enough.

Huge no. I just want Hot Toys to get back to work on their Batman Returns products.

Back