1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#ReleaseTheSnyderMobile

maxresdefault.jpg

Yea, the cowl and faceplates are still atrocious. Happily PO Tumbler but may just use new TDKR version to be my Bale bats.

Honestly the price isn’t as outrageous as I thought. Batman is probably going to be a pre-order for me. As much as I want the Tumbler it’s going to be a pass, even though the price isn’t horrible.

I mean the default mouthplate doesn't even match the Wayne sculpt's mouth because these parts are from different eras. We paying 2021 prices for 2011 figures.

Ordered. This is kinda bittersweet because I had those 2 but had to sell them because I was broke as **** back then (and all my HT collection). Dark times man. Dark times.

Potentially HT most lazy release yet?

I think it is, yes. I purchased (essentially) this figure in 2008 (13 years ago!) as my second HT ever. Then I sold him around 2013 after getting dated and me buying the much improved 1:4 Enterbay version.
I can't believe it's now being sold again at a 2021 price, without any improvements to the cowl.

Might jump on the Tumbler as I passed the first 2 times. That Batman is laughable tho.. I'll stick with my armory and dx12 versions.

No effort whatsoever. All these years of superior custom figures and Hot Toys ignored every single one of the improvements they brought.

I can't let myself believe those mouth expressions are accurate. But even if they were - why make a sculpt of such a ridiculous looking face? This isn't a Jim Carrey Ace Ventura figure, it's ****ing Batman for chrissakes.

Gives me hope they'll reissue the 89 Batmobile at a similar price.
I want to say Tumbler was a little closer to $500 back in the day with 89 being little over $600. At this point I can see 89 being close to $800. HT is getting so lazy I?m buying less and less since I have these releases already from years past. Statues are looking better and better.

Looking at Sideshow’s archives it looks like the last Tumblers were $469. That was also back in 2012 though so a fair amount of time has passed. Also when you consider how much they were selling for on the secondary markets the new release while expensive is still a better deal.

Looking at Sideshow?s archives it looks like the last Tumblers were $469. That was also back in 2012 though so a fair amount of time has passed. Also when you consider how much they were selling for on the secondary markets the new release while expensive is still a better deal.

Yeah it is, considering also that 400-500 decent will only get you a tumbler without box and with ?something? broken, even my local comic book store was trying so hard to sell me a broken one for 500usd.

I missed out back in 2012 just because I wasn?t that much interested in it I guess, but now I want it since I don?t want to leave my 89 batmobile all alone.

I?ll even jump into another 89 batmobile re issue just because of how much repairing one would cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ReleaseTheSnyderMobile

maxresdefault.jpg

It's already been released - don't you have one? :nana: Also, my JL conversion kit should be shipping very soon (some time in April). :D

JM4.jpeg

In case you haven't heard, Joost (Jazzinc) is in negotiations with WB/DC to be an officially licensed supplier of Batman vehicles, so that could be another reason HT is going for one last cash grab.

Why they did not make a scaled down version of this cowl and Bruce sculpt?
Hot-Toys-Quarter-Scale-Batman-Begins-Batman-QS009-8.jpg

Batman-Begins-Batman-Quarter-Scale-Series-Hot-Toys-Movie-Masterpiece-Action-Figure-Pic-4.jpg

But we have an old release with a new body and boots, and DX19 Bruce head. Pathetic effort.

Back