Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked hot toys community Facebook page yet cos they just released another magazine scan

It's seriously f'd up all the picking onto others that goes around here. I come here because I saw some pictures on facebook of the figure and all I find is childish bullying. And it's always the usual suspects. I'm kind of getting tired of it all. Can't we just talk about the goddamn toy?

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

*runs :chase to cancel his Nolan OC Batman so that he can own 2 of the most bad ass Batman ever!

Edit....nah, I still want to keep my Nolan OC Batman, one can never have enough Batman, but I need to find a way to own 2 Keaton's, I think it's called work more :lol

Last edited:
I love the way they did the eyes. That was my only concern and being a DX PERS sculpt greatly increaced it.

The makeup around the eyes is amazing. It actually looks like it was applied to skin with little make up sponges. Some insaine paint skills there.

That's where you were - looking up this quote :lol

I just got on and BAM, there it is.

This figure is CRAZY, I mean, where do I begin? The neutral face is the best and most accurate, obviously but those weird grin faces are . . . kinda scary. I mean really they're not odd or retarded looking like the open mouth Batman on the Begins and TDK figure but it's like, psycho grin scary, I can't explain it. Keaton does make those faces. That bloody one obviously being the most intimidating and my favorite. Love the teeth showing too, that's a great touch. I mean yeah, it's not a "normal" expression but you know what, I love it. I usually hate the awe struck, open mouth thing that Hot Toys does with 90% of their figures, but from these "okay" scans here this looks downright BATMAN. Guess who's going to buy three figures just to have three different looks, THIS guy is.

What else, hmm, oh, those ____ing eyes. That is how you do PERS right there. He's not bug eyed and it doesn't look toyish. I just can't believe it. I mean, just look at that eye make up too. They gave it an off black so you can tell his eyes are done up and it just pops like there's a real person behind that mask. Maybe I'm overracting, but these have got to be the best eyes I've ever seen Hot Toys do. They're so striking.

Accessories, BEAST. I mean did they really have to add the Batmobile communicator? Hell no. If that isn't enough incentive to get, the already astonishing Batmobile, I don't know what is. Then finally, there's the cape and bat chest emblem. I've looked at them and then at actual stills and scenes and I can't even tell the difference. They pulled that cape off, the emblem is three dimensional and embossed, this is just fantastic.

Literally in awe and this is just crappy scanned pictures.

Hot Toys has transcended the traditional 1/6 Batman figure. I mean, the realism kills their previous works. To think they started out with this,

review_htbatman_1.jpg

to this,

1108242312b5bbd6793c8a5ff8.jpg

Is nuts.

It even gives the OC/Batman Begins Batman a run for it's money and blows the DX TDK away. I expect, REALLY good things with their next Bale TDKR Batman judging by this. They just keep getting better and better. By the time 2012 rolls around, I expect to literally have a 1/6 Bale Batman, that's how amazed I am by this.

Bring on the specs/pics. No complaints.

EDIT:

OH and the body suit. The texture looks like the Arnold/Wolverine/Royce/Dastan muscle bodies. You know, that hard rubber/plastic/PVC shell stuff. I suggested this so there wouldn't be potentially leaking a while back, not knowing if they'd do it or not. Looks like the same material so lets hope this is the case!

Last edited:
It's seriously f'd up all the picking onto others that goes around here. I come here because I saw some pictures on facebook of the figure and all I find is childish bullying. And it's always the usual suspects. I'm kind of getting tired of it all. Can't we just talk about the goddamn toy?

:exactly::goodpost:

I'm 100% agree!

I love the way they did the eyes. That was my only concern and being a DX PERS sculpt greatly increaced it.

The makeup around the eyes is amazing. It actually looks like it was applied to skin with little make up sponges. Some insaine paint skills there.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

No comments about the cape yet from the Batman masters of this thread :tap

Soooooooo........lets hear it :lol

Edit,

just read DiFabio's emotional awesome mini review, well said :clap

Last edited:
:exactly::exactly::exactly:

No comments about the cape yet from the Batman masters of this thread :tap

Soooooooo........lets hear it :lol

That's one of the things that looked really impressive to me. I liked how they seem to have got the leather look of it.
Though I am sure that I am going to be told that I am out of my element

Yeah, this is shaping up nicely. I'm with Pantone in regards to it feeling a little "off", that full body shot especially...he looks a little elongated (a necessary evil I would imagine, considering the difference Keaton's build and the proportions of a standard TT) but it's definitely not a deal breaker. In fact...

*runs :chase to cancel his Nolan OC Batman so that he can own 2 of the most bad ass Batman ever!

Yup.

Double yup. :lecture:lecture:lecture

:exactly: Agreed...100% Unfortunately, what you describe seems to be the nature of most forums. It's pretty easy for people to make unrestrained comments and bully others behind a computer screen. But, I suppose that's human nature... all the more reason to visit for info and updates than to post and be tempted to get sucked into some ass' instigations.

Looks great. As much as I hate the movies, the suit is still iconic to me, so it's a must buy.

Those two alternate mouth sculpts, though, are staying in the box. The mid-speech look they're going for makes it look like Corky put on a Batman suit for Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back