Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look again.

In the final fight at the end,
the belt is gold like it is in Returns.

Belt is yellow in the rest of the movie.

Hmm...

batmanreturns01.jpg

batmanreturns02.jpg

batmanreturns03.jpg

1245905057.jpg

Here's a pic of post Bat-crash!

Batwing_crash.jpg

Not sure we're getting a whole BD suit though.

You can kind of see the belt's gold here... though you really have to look. Not sure why he changed it in mid-stream. But Burton clearly liked the gold better and went with it in the second film.

Here's the gold:

9DA4D29ABFCDB7025C552F6FE27A3.jpg

Here's the yellow:

firstbelt.jpg

I am almost 100% that these are the exact same belts and the difference in color seen here is either due to a photographic oddity or lighting ( or both).

The actual screen used belt was a sort of mustard yellow with a layered paint effect that gave it a gold sheen in certain lights. The returns belt is more of a true idealized gold with the "capsules" spread even further a part than in the original 89.

I have spent many years researching this suit and I am positive that there were not multiple colors for the belts. There may have been
'stunt' belts that appeared to look slightly different on screen but that would be it.

was there ever an explanation from Burton about why he changed the symbol on the suit in pt. 1 then back to the original in pt. 2?

I have spent many years researching this suit ....

I'm sorry. How'd that work out for you?

That said, I don't claim to be an expert. I was ignorant of the different belts myself until Sovereign Shawn pointed it out to me in 2003. I in fact referred to the movie and did see the two different belts. At least, it looked like two different belts. But I have nothing to back that up, other than it looks clearly yellow sometimes and clearly gold other times.

Sovereign claims to be an expert much like you claim. So who should I believe?

So what color is this then?

batman_returns_ver7.jpg

Honestly, I could care less, but I figured some of you guys would.

I'm willing to leave it up to Hot Toys. If they give us both belts, then that shows there is indeed two. If not, then I'm fine with going back to believing in only one bat-belt. How's that? Fair?

Last edited:
Omg, you have a master degree Bat belt analysing or something?

I guess you could say he has a black belt in bat-belts.

This thread is starting to jump the shark already...

Robin! Hand me down the Shark Repellant Bat Spray!

fbN7XUrGdf3lghgcK6APDXtCo1_1280.jpg

I am almost 100% that these are the exact same belts and the difference in color seen here is either due to a photographic oddity or lighting ( or both).

The actual screen used belt was a sort of mustard yellow with a layered paint effect that gave it a gold sheen in certain lights. The returns belt is more of a true idealized gold with the "capsules" spread even further a part than in the original 89.

I have spent many years researching this suit and I am positive that there were not multiple colors for the belts. There may have been
'stunt' belts that appeared to look slightly different on screen but that would be it.

Really?
:thud::thud:

fbN7XUrGdf3lghgcK6APDXtCo1_1280.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You know, I think people would buy an Adam West Hot Toys figure.

Here's a pic of post Bat-crash!

Batwing_crash.jpg

Yep, no bloody face yet, that happened in the Bell Tower fights, which means it's pretty pointless to include it without a BD mask ( which occurred in the BW) crash.

Thanks Wor-Gar.:)

Batman carries a gun? WTF, that's not accurate. He hates guns.

DO NOT WANT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back