Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Sovereign Studios: Jan. ::crickets:: Feb. ::crickets:: March. ::crickets:: April. ::crickets:: May. ::crickets:: June. ::crickets:: July. ::crickets:: . . . ..

August. ::posting new stuff on Ebay:: September. ::crickets::

Like he said....vastly superior to Sovereign Studios.

Hot Toys may have language issues, but they're not scammers. They won't just take your money and run.

Shawn is certainly slow but I've never heard of anyone getting scammed.

Took him almost an entire year to deliver for me but he did. How long has it been?

On another note, I sent 3 heads to a popular painter here on the site who ended up keeping them for almost a year and when I questioned him on why he was delivering painted sculpts that was even released when I sent him my stuff, he just sent my ____ back to me unpainted?

Shawns problem is he can get ghost for too long and not keep guys updated.

Hope u get ur stuff...if u still want it.

Shawn is certainly slow but I've never heard of anyone getting scammed.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69520

Lots of members who've sent money and gotten nothing in return. There are reports of Ebay shenanigans too (resulting in changed usernames).

Another community has similar problems with Sovereign Studios:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...scussion/64938-warning-sovereign-studios.html

If someone pays you money to do something, and a year later you still haven't done it and you refuse to refund their money, then that's a scam.

Took him almost an entire year to deliver for me but he did.

So he didn't scam you. That doesn't mean he hasn't scammed others, and that doesn't mean he isn't a scammer.

On another note, I sent 3 heads to a popular painter here on the site who ended up keeping them for almost a year and when I questioned him on why he was delivering painted sculpts that was even released when I sent him my stuff, he just sent my ____ back to me unpainted?

First, how is that relevant to Sovereign Studios scamming people?

Second, if you didn't get your money back along with your unpainted heads, you were scammed. If you did get your money back, you were just treated really poorly. Either way, I'm sorry for your lousy experience - but that still doesn't make it relevant to Sovereign Studios.

Shawns problem is he can get ghost for too long and not keep guys updated.

His problem is that he takes people's money and disappears.

Hope u get ur stuff...if u still want it.

I've never bought anything from him, and I never will, because his reputation speaks for itself. I do hope others that have made that mistake get their stuff, though, or at least their money back.

Oh...didn't see this. That's bullstuff.

What's bull? My comment or the fact that he does it?

Because what he does really is bull.

It's not acceptable to take money from one person, then accept money from a second person, and then do the second person's job first. And then accept money from a third person, and do his job next, etc. etc., all while the first person is still waiting, while you've gone and spent the money he gave you.

The fact that he's taking and completing new commissions (via Ebay) while letting old commissions wait is pretty much proof that the money he's taken from old commissions is done and spent - otherwise, there'd be no need for him to keep a cash flow going by accepting and working on new commissions. If the money wasn't spent, if he wasn't scamming people, then he'd complete his backlog before accepting new jobs.

And if he'd do that, I'd respect that he'd made mistakes and was trying to make things right. People deserve forgiveness if they honestly work to improve their faults and not make the same mistakes.

But he doesn't do that, so he doesn't deserve to be treated any better than any other scammer.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M[/ame]

haytil,

Dude! Get ur panties out ur backside!! I was in no way trying to go to bat for Shawn. Just telling u my experience to let u know if you've spent money with him he does have a track record of delivering albeit very slowly! If he's scammed folks, that's a new development to me but I do know he is slow. I was just trying to give u a bit of an ideal of what my experience was.

The issue with the painter I stated was to give an example of some shaddy dealings I've had with a very respected painter on this site. I have not and will not give his name cause I don't consider him a scammer but like Shawn he was doing commissions before mine that he actually got after mine. Very similar to what u said Shawn was doing.

I will say I don't think it's very fair of u to be calling the guy out in an unrelated thread particularly since he didnt actually scam u personally. But again, I'm not defending him at all. Just sharing a more positive experience that I had with the guy.

Sorry for being off topic guys...so very very off topic.

haytil,

Dude! Get ur panties out ur backside!! I was in no way trying to go to bat for Shawn. Just telling u my experience to let u know if you've spent money with him he does have a track record of delivering albeit very slowly! If he's scammed folks, that's a new development to me but I do know he is slow. I was just trying to give u a bit of an ideal of what my experience was.

Cool. Sorry I misinterpreted your intentions and what you were trying to say.

Its cool Bro! I actually think this is a problem that needs to be rectified by the mods, customers & customizers. Just like customers need to have a good understanding that these commissions can sometimes take over 6 months to a year to complete. Customizers really ought not be taking on literally 100's of commissions. It would be difficult to police but no man can literally do so many full figure customs or paint over 100 sculpts or build over 100 garage kits in less than a years time. Particularly having a family and a job among other obligations.

Finally.:yess:
First proto pictures are up.:clap

mwot0.jpg

Dats just an old pic of their TDK costume Bat, sry :dunno

WT .. that is clearly the old proto for TDK
FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back