Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Based on history, Nicholson Joker's a longshot and will be a big shock if they offer it.

I hear ya. On the other hand, Jack has such a clear affection for the role ("I wrote the scene! I know how to bring him back!"), it might be a little easier than we think. The man has already made a mountain of cash from this thing, surely he's up for making a little more?

Either way, they better get those Nicholson likeness rights locked down. I mean, really, can any of us even imagine Hot Toys passing up on a chance to make a Joker figure? :lol

Outstanding news, really looking forward to this one...a must buy!

Well, again, I'm going off what's been done in the past. Kenner even did Keaton's likeness on their Returns Wayne figure. As far as I know, there's never been an official product using Nicholson's likeness. Even DCD's '89 offerings were a Batman statue and bust, no Joker.

I hope HT does pull it off, I'd love a nice Nicholson Joker and it'd be reasonaly priced, even at $200. By the time you bought the bootleg figure and customized it to be worthwhile, that was pushing $300, I drew the line there, just not worth $300 to me.

Wow the hits just keep coming! 2011 ='s greatest 1/6 collecting year ever!!!!

Can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to put up Joker's photo if they're not making him. I see the DX logo too so probably 2 DX figures.

HA ! Picture of the Joker at the Expo ! :yess:

ap_20101225013508461.jpg

:panic::panic::panic::yess::yess::yess::horror:horror:horror

My wallet will be drained soon . omg we _____ed about Hot Toys long enough doing the 89 Batman and now they are doing it . Merry X-Mas to me and all :panic:

Can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to put up Joker's photo if they're not making him. I see the DX logo too so probably 2 DX figures.

That would be uber sexy, especially for a DX Joker. Pre and post Joker? Or makeup Joker and non-makeup Joker? Or the scene where some of it is rubbed off.

Insanely good news! I don't even have to think twice about whether to buy this or not.

Well, I'd imagine if they do Joker and DX, it'll just be Joker, not Napier, but we'll get his shirt and coat changes for all the looks he had, and I'd guess 2 heads, one full makeup, probably one with drippy paint as that would make for the more interesting alternate figure option from the set.

Batman DX would surely include Wayne parts as there's not much to include with Batman alone to go DX, unless, and I can't imagine them doing it, theh included a 1/6 vault like he stores the suit in.

Well, I'd imagine if they do Joker and DX, it'll just be Joker, not Napier, but we'll get his shirt and coat changes for all the looks he had, and I'd guess 2 heads, one full makeup, probably one with drippy paint as that would make for the more interesting alternate figure option from the set.

Batman DX would surely include Wayne parts as there's not much to include with Batman alone to go DX, unless, and I can't imagine them doing it, theh included a 1/6 vault like he stores the suit in.

Ha, the vault would be cool. I would definitely take a Wayne sculpt and a Batman sculpt!

Ha, the vault would be cool. I would definitely take a Wayne sculpt and a Batman sculpt!

I think I'd want Wayne in the black turtleneck like when Vikki comes in, don't know why but I feel like that'd be a cooler figure than him in a suit, if it were a suit though, I'd want like when he honors his parents and visits city hall with the full suit and coat and all, definitely not the tux from the opening.

I think I'd want Wayne in the black turtleneck like when Vikki comes in, don't know why but I feel like that'd be a cooler figure than him in a suit, if it were a suit though, I'd want like when he honors his parents and visits city hall with the full suit and coat and all, definitely not the tux from the opening.

Oo, you know what I did not think of the turtleneck scene. That would be a kick ass alternate outfit. I also agree about the suit over the tux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back