Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Because it wouldn't be accurate? I thought the cowl was separate from the emblem

I think this is a case of construction accuracy, but the figure can look good and right without it. The DX Batman isn't just like the movie suit but still looks really good. I care most that the bat in the emblem is accurrate, don't care how the emblem is attached.

I'm hoping for a leather type cape and the attachment that will allow BM to open the cape fully like in the movie.

I think this is a case of construction accuracy, but the figure can look good and right without it. The DX Batman isn't just like the movie suit but still looks really good. I care most that the bat in the emblem is accurrate, don't care how the emblem is attached.

I agree the figure can look good and right without it. Would be cool to have construction accuracy though, but not at the expense of visual accuracy

Can these figures really be at SDCC to look at?? WOW I hope so- then preorder can go up.
Add them to 4th qtr release, why not? We are flooded enough..but probably 1st qtr 2012?

I agree the figure can look good and right without it. Would be cool to have construction accuracy though, but not at the expense of visual accuracy

That's my big concern, sometimes trying to be more faithful to the real props makes for a lesser looking figure. I know some folks like it, but to me, going with real leather on DX Jack Sparrow's hat makes it' look way too big for him and doesn't look good. So you get an ugly hat with the neatness of being real material instead of rubber. I'd rather a nice rubber/plastic hat, shaped and sized right that makes the figure look like it should. Things are 1/6, you can't have it all look right and be built the same way.

And even if the real suit had the emblem off the cowl, there's no point in the movie where the cowl covers the emblem to suggest it, you have to follow the making of to know it, so only those who know such detail would spot the flaw if the figure had the two attached, most will just see Keaton Batman and be fine with it.

I just want my figures talk and walk around. Is that too much to ask for?

tw-yoda.jpg

The emblem should be a separate piece that plugs into the chest. If they make it part of the cowl, not only is it not accurate, imagine how flimsy and undetailed it may be. It would just be weak. It just wouldn't look right and if this does have swappable mouth pieces imagine trying to get that stick up in the head to pop them out.

The point is, it's part of his chest, it literally "snaps" into his chest. They could really make it detailed and paint it well if it's just a separate piece. I don't see how attaching it to the cowl would do them any good.

Go to 8:20 Maulfan and tell me which you'd prefer. Attached to the scalloped cowl or a regular, firmer piece on his chest.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWeVAtn4Ldc&feature=related"]‪Batman 1989 - The Making of a Hero Documentary PART 2 of 3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Also think about turning the head. I know there won't be much head movement, but I would imagine that the scallops move with the upper neck and cowl. Think of the Batman Begins head and it's little range of movement. If they were to have an attached symbol, it would literally move with that head. It just wouldn't look right.

The emblem should be a separate piece that plugs into the chest. If they make it part of the cowl, not only is it not accurate, imagine how flimsy and undetailed it may be. It would just be weak. It just wouldn't look right and if this does have swappable mouth pieces imagine trying to get that stick up in the head to pop them out.

The point is, it's part of his chest, it literally "snaps" into his chest. They could really make it detailed and paint it well if it's just a separate piece. I don't see how attaching it to the cowl would do them any good.

Go to 8:20 Maulfan and tell me which you'd prefer. Attached to the scalloped cowl or a regular, firmer piece on his chest.

‪Batman 1989 - The Making of a Hero Documentary PART 2 of 3‬‏ - YouTube

Was this on the Blu Ray? It's awesome.

At 1:03 you get an idea how it attaches...I wonder if HT is gonna go the movie accurate route.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huQ_PLmXm_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]‪Batman 1989 - The Making of a Hero Documentary PART 3 of 3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Also think about turning the head. I know there won't be much head movement, but I would imagine that the scallops move with the upper neck and cowl. Think of the Batman Begins head and it's little range of movement. If they were to have an attached symbol, it would literally move with that head. It just wouldn't look right.

True but then turning the head will make the scallops partially obscure the fixed batsymbol no?

Its an interesting one. Short of making the cowl a stretchy rubber I wonder how they'll do this.

True but then turning the head will make the scallops partially obscure the fixed batsymbol no?

Its an interesting one. Short of making the cowl a stretchy rubber I wonder how they'll do this.

Yep, that's true too. Damn, I don't want the head to be too flimsy and I definitely don't want it to be made out of rubber. But the cowl and scallops, by design have to share whatever Hot Toys chooses. If it's hard plastic, it's ALL hard plastic. If it's rubber, then it's all rubber. It'll be a complicated one, that's for sure.

The head, cowl and cape are probably the most difficult parts of this figure.

Would anyone be miffed if the head couldn't turn at all? I mean it'd kinda be movie accurate.

Would anyone be miffed if the head couldn't turn at all? I mean it'd kinda be movie accurate.

Or

And this would be complicated as heck, they make the cowl out of the same material as the current Arnold body, that harder, PVC/rubber plastic shell stuff.

You know how the articulation in Arnold's neck is like three parts, sort of like an exoskeleton? You can just feel the joints moving under there. The joints and ball sockets are hidden under it and connect? Maybe that's what the head of this figure will be except for the face (normal resin sculpt that all figures have and a few other parts).

I don't know, just a thought.

Going with the Arnold/Destan/Royce/Wolverine bodies what if the actual costume was just that. A special muscular true type body for this '89 Batman. Sure there would be joints at the elbows but the gauntlets would hide those for the most part.

It would beat the heck out of a soft rubber suit.

I'd like to see Hot Toys include a Bruce Wayne head, not that I'd actually use it but I'd love to see what they would come up with. After seeing their Bale headsculpt imagine what they could do with Keaton? He has so much character with his face, the eyes, the eyebrows and mouth. It would be great.
Absolutely man! I won't speculate on how likely or otherwise the chances are, but a Keaton should be a given at the very least in my books! :pray:

Btw - that UK featurette you posted was excellent! I've got the 2 disc DVD set of the film, & there's tons of awesome extras in that, but I've never seen some of the stuff in the one you put up - thanks for that! :clap

No problem vintijdroid. Hmm, vintijdroid now there's a name I haven't seen in a long time.

Do you remember me?

Of course mate! :wink1:

You were one of the first chaps I recognized here when i joined. Remember our conversations via PM over at RS, regarding the interesting viewpoints some folks over there had about action figure details - their concern or lack thereof etc?? :lol

On topic, I like some of the suggestions made for how HT should handle the Keaton figure. I like the idea of a specially sculpted black muscle body, with the joints cleverly hidden by the outfit details etc. Tends to kick the rubber suit idea out the door in a way.. which is good.. right? :dunno

I don't own any rubber suited figures, & glad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back