Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

Well I agree it is unlikely, but possible nonetheless

I guess 2 Jokers are possible too, but i'd file that under unlikely as well.

89 Batmobile though I would say is likely, given what HT has said about it and how iconic it is.

I remember a time where '89 Batman, as well as '78 Superman collectibles were highly unlikely and the chances of a company making them was impossible.

Look now, '89 Batman and '89 Joker are coming, and I'm positive they'll sell very well. As far as a Bruce Wayne head is concerned, I think it could go either way. So far we've had three BB/TDK Batman figures that come with Bale Bruce Wayne heads so we can't really rule it out. Then again, Batman was never unmasked or without his cowl in the first film, except for when the Joker goons go to pull it off but the angle and dark lighting obscures Keaton Bruce Wayne's features.

I'd like to see Hot Toys include a Bruce Wayne head, not that I'd actually use it but I'd love to see what they would come up with. After seeing their Bale headsculpt imagine what they could do with Keaton? He has so much character with his face, the eyes, the eyebrows and mouth. It would be great.

For now though, I'd be happy with a Batman head with three Keaton mouth options. That's what I think we're definitely getting.

Well, like all things JOKER, I can see HT double-dip.

As far as Keaton, I think the 89 suit and the Returns suit are the two variants we'll see.

There's a slight chance they may do a dirty, messed up final battle Bats from 89... which would be my all time favorite Bats... but I kinda doubt it.

Well, like all things JOKER, I can see HT double-dip.

If this Jack Joker is a crazy hit, on par with Bank Robber and DX Joker I can definitely see Hot Toys going back and milking the hell out of the Jack Nicholson likeness and license. It's definitely possible since the character has so many unique looks in the film.

I'm positive this first version will just be a regular purple suit Joker though, with hat and trench coat. MAYBE we'll be lucky and get an alternate head with flesh make up but it's hard to say.

As far as Keaton, I think the 89 suit and the Returns suit are the two variants we'll see.

As far as more Keaton Batman figures go I think if they make anything from Returns it would be the Returns Batman suit. Catwoman and Penguin are really iffy, but I wouldn't put it past Hot Toys to make a Returns Keaton Batman. It's like the Returns is to '89 as TDK is to Begins. It's essentially his "updated" armor suit. Then there would definitely be a reason to make the regular Keaton Bruce Wayne head from the end of the film.

There's a slight chance they may do a dirty, messed up final battle Bats from 89... which would be my all time favorite Bats... but I kinda doubt it.

I'd love one but yeah, I don't see it happening. It's an iconic look and Hot Toys has made "battle damaged" figures (Iron Man comes to mind) but I just don't see them doing one.

There's no doubt in my mind that it would be a killer figure though. The burn marks, the shrapnel in the body armor and shrapnel cuts on his mouth, the blood, the cracked bat symbol. It would be a unique figure.

I don't actually remember all that battledamage. Must have a closer look next time I watch the film.

Seems like the kind of thing they might do as an exclusive at some point.

I don't actually remember all that battledamage. Must have a closer look next time I watch the film.

There are dings and tears all over the front of the cowl and bat emblem and his mouth is bloody and dirty from the Batwing crash.

bat2.jpg

bat4.jpg

batkeaton2.jpg

1196854417.jpg

1250716626.jpg

Last edited:

hot toys def needs to do a "torn up" batman!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather swap out cowls than a Keaton head. While his chest is messed up too, a BD cowl would be enough and then you could have clean and BD in one like Iron Man.

Maybe a magnetic swap out chest emblem as well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLAMxoQJS64"]‪Batman Returns Suit Up‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
In returns(which I would guess is the same for 89)
The emblem seems to pin the cowl to the chest...so it's...both?
heh

I know it integrates really well with the emblem but I just recall seeing pics of the cowl on it's own and there was no emblem attached

Of course I could be wrong, not an '89 bats expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back