Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm selling mine... with the shield, if you're interested. though the original box is no more, so local pickup seems the only reasonable option..

That was the shields?:horror
I flipped it over and have been using it as the 89 batboat! It even floats!
Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

Inevitably, HT's looks like a budget Knock Off in comparison. The rear of the HT is laughable.

I had to go for the HT 2.0 though; since shipping, customs, and VAT etc. for any JazzInc product simply puts them out of reach due to the price becomming completely unreasonable for me.

Inevitably, HT's looks like a budget Knock Off in comparison. The rear of the HT is laughable.

I had to go for the HT 2.0 though; since shipping, customs, and VAT etc. for any JazzInc product simply puts them out of reach due to the price becomming completely unreasonable for me.
Yeah I was a bit deflated seeing the VAT get added on when I entered my shipping address on Jazzinc's site. I just had the 1499.00 in my head and had grown quite accustomed to that figure. The VAT was enough to give me pause and I still haven't ordered. I don't think there would be additional customs upon reaching Ireland if it's shipping from the Netherlands as we're both EU....

There wonā€™t be additional custom charges once VAT paid as youā€™re in EU.
But I fully understand your feeling.
Itā€™s expensive and since the final product was shown the window to order is now short. If you add the super hype around it, it can be frustrating.
The timing is not to the advantage to the HT.
I can fully understand that all this spoils the pleasure of those who have already paid their HT 2.0

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm more than happy with getting the HT re-issue. The Jazz Inc. version might be more accurate but it's really not going to matter when it's sitting on my shelf. I'd rather spend the $600 I'm saving on some other figures.

Another thing i've noticed with the JazzInc 89 Batmobile, while watching the side by side video, at around 2.32, you'll see that the wheels inside the tires are a bronze brownish color, when they should be silver...........:)

Last edited:
Itā€™s not supposed to be silver but a dark/bronze aluminum. The bat hubcaps only are silver.
I think itā€™s completely accurate, he nailed it IMO.
IMG_1030.jpeg

IMG_3767.png

Last edited:
Itā€™s not supposed to be silver but a dark/bronze aluminum. The bat hubcaps only are silver.
I think itā€™s completely accurate, he nailed it IMO.
View attachment 680068
View attachment 680067
From this angle it might be the shadow being cast on the wheel, to give the appearance of the dark bronze color.In the scene where Batman activates the Batmobile's shield's, just before and after the shields cover the tires, you can see for a brief moment that the wheels do in fact appear to be silver in color.......:)

From this angle it might be the shadow being cast on the wheel, to give the appearance of the dark bronze color.In the scene where Batman activates the Batmobile's shield's, just before and after the shields cover the tires, you can see for a brief moment that the wheels do in fact appear to be silver in color.......:)
Joost isn't just eyeballing the movie on his TV to get the details right. If he's used this colour, it's presumably because he has actual references demonstrating that this is the colour used on the actual car, regardless of whether it's apparent on screen.

If you look at the first pic here, the rear wheel's 2 ''circles'' on the inside of the tire appear to be silver, so i'm still thinking it might be the shadow cast on the rest of the wheel, giving it a dark bronze appearance.Maybe some one can post pics of stills from the movie where Batman activates the Batmobile's shields, before and after the shields cover the tires, as the wheels inside the tires definitely appear to be silver in those scenes.......:)

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm more than happy with getting the HT re-issue. The Jazz Inc. version might be more accurate but it's really not going to matter when it's sitting on my shelf. I'd rather spend the $600 I'm saving on some other figures.
Let's get one thing clear-- the Jazzinc blows the HT out of the water that it's not even a fair fight, let's not even compare. That said, I've been collecting 1/6 figures since the early 2000's and one thing I always ask myself before making a huge purchase is that "What can this do for me?" For the price of the HT, you get a great representation of the Batmobile but at the Jazzince price, regardless of how true to life it looks, you start questioning your life choices, at what price does a collectible start to become not worth it?

Again just to clarify, it sounds like I'm critiquing JazzInc's prices but that's not the case at all, Joost is a wonderful person and their work is second to none. I'm just saying every collector has their preference and both choices are valid imo.

Back