hot toys backdrop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like a backdrop of that scene.

Back.jpg

I'm not whining. I just pointed out that you called the OP' s post BS because you didn't think it was a valid question, Which other people obviously did because they answered the question. Why do you feel the need to say nasty things about other people's post. Aren't you getting any at home? Just a good rule of thumb is if you don't like the post-move on. There are plenty of other posts here to read. I'll bet you could even find one that didn't make you feel like saying something mean.

Im pretty sure more people are making fun of this thread then actually answering.

Lets face it this thread and threads like it are unnecessary. And there are many many many more who feel the same. Its just not Deckard.

I don.t really get it. If I see a thread title that doesn't interest me I scroll down until I find one that does. I don't waste time opening it and telling the OP that his thread is BS. That is why these threads are aggravating to you guys. Because you open them and perpetuate them by making fun of the person who started the thread. Just say to yourself,"Oh, another one of those stupid threads" and move on. Then the thread will sink to the bottom under the weight of it's irrelavancy. But if everyone is making jokes and keeping the thread near the top then it is a waste of time and space.

See. I'm doing it now.

Buttmunch's fav is GOD FATHER :rock

Yes it is Ski :rock

The Godfather one is a great generic backdrop IMO. Most figures would look 'right' using it, unlike say, the Bruce Lee Mirrors. I find it better than taking a pic of a figure against my walls at least :dunno

To me they do add to the figures, especially if the have a dio type base. It helps put them in the scene. So now instead of having Brando as the Godfather sitting in a chair, an observer now knows the Don is in his office making an offer you can't refuse. And with Bruce Lee, you immediately know which scene that is from by the cuts on his face and chest but the backdrop adds a whole other layer to that. That looks to be the best one coming up as long as HT doesn't cheap out on it and use shiny paper or something cheap.

:slap Well... that's just not very nice at all.

If I was that sensitive to people critiquing my artwork, I'd have hurled myself off a bridge by now. Chill, dude. One guy gave you tips and you act as if he ruined your little art project's reputation. Take the advice or leave it, and get on with your life. Lordy...

Last edited:
:slap Well... that's just not very nice at all.

If I was that sensitive to people critiquing my artwork, I'd have hurled myself off a bridge by now. Chill, dude. One guy gave you tips and you act as if he ruined your little art project's reputation. Take the advice or leave it, and get on with your life. Lordy...

Telling me the head I'd spent days agonizing over and working on looked terrible is hardly what I'd call a tip. Is that what passes for constructive criticism here? But then I remember that he spent weeks telling Daniel Choe (a much better sculptor than I hope to ever be) that his Inception sculpts weren't good enough and that he would rather have no Inception figures than ones with such substandard heads on them so I guess I really shouldn't listen to anything he says as it seems his standards are impossibly high.

I actually think the backdrops look pretty cheesy. You've got this highly detailed figure, with highly detailed accessories, and then behind him you've got a cardboard "environment" that looks like something you've cut out of the back of a cereal box.

The Bruce Lee backdrop is different, I think that's appealing, but the Godfather backdrop, no, I personally don't have any interest in seeing that sort of thing included with figures.

Good Posting, Agree :)

I look above to the gods, and when you fall below the skeletons of Jack Burton sculpts past, the power of the Hot Toys Backdrop thread will become the eighth Wonder of the World!!!!!!

Back