hot toys backdrop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because theres already 50 pointless Hot Toys wishlist petition bull____ threads that don't matter. Any of the existing figure threads would have been far more sensible places to pose this question.

Now we have another one littering this section.

I actually think the backdrops look pretty cheesy. You've got this highly detailed figure, with highly detailed accessories, and then behind him you've got a cardboard "environment" that looks like something you've cut out of the back of a cereal box.

The Bruce Lee backdrop is different, I think that's appealing, but the Godfather backdrop, no, I personally don't have any interest in seeing that sort of thing included with figures.

Because the backdrops generally cheapen the look of the highly sculpted figures...

I don't use them now and won't in the future.

The only one that looks even decent is the Bruce Lee mirror backdrop. The rest suck.

I'm personally not a fan of them... so I don't really care either way if they are included or not.

Backdrops are okay if done right. Personally, I've used the backdrops for my Mech Test Tony and Godfather for a short time (but they didn't look right with the whole collection). They have to fit ones display correctly. If not, like others have said...they kind of take away from the figure itself.

Because theres already 50 pointless Hot Toys wishlist petition bull____ threads that don't matter. Any of the existing figure threads would have been far more sensible places to pose this question.

Now we have another one littering this section.

So you don't just crap on people in the Customs section?

The Bruce Lee will be my first and I think it looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure if I'll use it though since it will take up alot of room. I had the FOF Enterbay Bruce and the diorama was really nice.
I would rather have the better stands like the Predator 1, T-600, and FB Connor.

I think this is a good idea for a discussion. It's not a poll or a petition. It's a legitimate question! Personally, I quit like the backdrops. I'm not sure I would use all of them, but I particularly like the Godfather one, for example! I would love to see all figures include some backdrop as an added value for those of us who are kind of clueless about diorama making!

Backdrops... good for pictures, but not for actual display.
It's not that they don't look good, they just take up way too much space for a single figure (especially vertically). You'd have to cut off a big chunk from the Big Chap dio for it to fit on a shelf, which isn't such a hot idea anyway.

So you don't just crap on people in the Customs section?

It was a week ago, I said the head you chose for a custom looked terrible compared to others on the market, I complimented the rest of the figure, which was like 5 other things vs 1 that looked bad, at which point you threw a fit and called people names like a little child in walmart that didn't get to pick out candy at check out. :lol

You also mentioned you wouldn't be posting here anymore and said Dave may as well go ahead and close your account and now instead your trolling threads to whine some more. :lol Way to overreact to the internet kiddo.

It was a week ago, I said the head you chose for a custom looked terrible compared to others on the market, I complimented the rest of the figure, which was like 5 other things vs 1 that looked bad, at which point you threw a fit and called people names like a little child in walmart that didn't get to pick out candy at check out. :lol

You also mentioned you wouldn't be posting here anymore and said Dave may as well go ahead and close your account. Way to overreact to the internet kiddo.

I would like a backdrop of that scene.

Back