Hot Toys Back to the Future DX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just may be rough around the edges skull.
But you know I'm a real person. They might not know
this is me on here, is the same person you will meet in real life, I don't put on no fake bull crap.
I express my opinions genuinely. I tell it as it is, you don't like it then call me a troll.

No offence meant buddy, your absolutely correct in that you call it as you see it, real deal, thats why we get along pal, you are not a troll as I stated, you just have no filter:lol

If H.t were to make a well sought out figure with the patch work like rainman did for taxi driver there would be a zillion people who would have a field day and probably throw a fit...

I love custom figures and now 80 pct of my spend is dedicated to them and not cause they are way way outta the park, its only cause those figures are just not available elsewhere (at least in the collectors quality). Also, some of the myths that all clothing is individually made by the artist have been self busted in some threads as many of these tailors run mini factories ...

If custom guys would make same figures that H.T does, or rather vice versa, i would buy HT 9 out of 10 times cause you can just not beat them in value and price curve.

PS ... I respect a good art when i see one, i dont care the brand, and or the person who makes them or any legacy thereof. None of that can justify a mediocre figure and yes there are many both on H.t side and in the custom world no matter how sought after they are.

The only thing guaranteed for release this year is more and more Marvel, which I'm okay with. Adjust your expectations, don't believe anything Howard says.

271.gif

How am I trolling? This same garbage happened in other threads. It seems to me that you use your moderator power and delete peoples post that you don't agree with or do not go with your opinions.

Then you call me a troll.

If you actually read back a few pages I'm the one that kinda started this debate.

I said I can't wait to see hot toys version of this and how it will blow Rainmans outta the water

If you need an example, this is trolling:

I can't wait to see how much this is gunna blow all the customs outta the water , at a fraction of the price too :lol
Considering your past negative interactions with people who obviously had a custom McFly. It's nothing more than a jab, and an unnecessary one. Nothing positive would come from it.

As for deleting posts I don't agree with, please give me some examples of that.

Last edited:
If Mr. EcKo didnt express his opinions, what fun would any discussion be? However selfishly I side with him.

Needless to say, a HT Marty will surely impress. it is a piece I would truly love to have, and I really hope it comes to light in the future. Also the price point of a Rainman Mcfly is just completely obscene. I would rather get the HT base and modify it as needed. In the end it would be much cheaper.

I'm all for genuine discussion. That's the primary purpose of this forum. But some people here have histories, and are willing to say anything to push someone else's buttons. Ecko and others have been doing this ad nauseum, and it's tiresome. I just wish people could learn to live and let live. But, whatever.

I remember how pissed I was that like 3 days after I completed my custom Indy with Kato clothing, smiling Trevor Grove head, mfisher Whip etc. Hot Toys went and announced DX Indy. I was beside myself because I knew for a third of the price there would be a HT licensed one. What happened there? The figure was garbage, likely their worst ever. The figure has long since been sold and triumphantly standing upon the grails in my collection is my custom Indy. So the truth is you never really know what will happen. Plus Chan said they want to do part 2 first and most of us bashed a part 1 Marty anyways.

HT's priority is in the summer blockbuster Marvel movies. They squeeze out things here and there but don't put the same effort in that they used to, they are spreading themselves too thin, have long since plateaued and are focusing on top sellers. I don't fault them, its just sad as the purchasing collector.

But of course there are some grails they did knock out of the park in-betweeen, then they will go and put something out that they know a select group of fans want to see but they don't think it will bring them Iron Man dollars so they CLEARLY half-*** it like the Crow.

Any opinion stating that a $200 HT figure can be superior to a $900 custom figure = trolling... in an HT thread.

Got it. :cuckoo:

I'm all for genuine discussion. That's the primary purpose of this forum. But some people here have histories, and are willing to say anything to push someone else's buttons. Ecko and others have been doing this ad nauseum, and it's tiresome. I just wish people could learn to live and let live. But, whatever.

If you're referring to shortround , he wasn't even posting in this thread until after the fact . I had already said what i said then he posted in here . So he randomly shows up in a thread , so i have to stop what i'm saying because he's your friend and you're a mod?

:lol

I remember how pissed I was that like 3 days after I completed my custom Indy with Kato clothing, smiling Trevor Grove head, mfisher Whip etc. Hot Toys went and announced DX Indy. I was beside myself because I knew for a third of the price there would be a HT licensed one. What happened there? The figure was garbage, likely their worst ever. The figure has long since been sold and triumphantly standing upon the grails in my collection is my custom Indy. So the truth is you never really know what will happen. Plus Chan said they want to do part 2 first and most of us bashed a part 1 Marty anyways.

HT's priority is in the summer blockbuster Marvel movies. They squeeze out things here and there but don't put the same effort in that they used to, they are spreading themselves too thin, have long since plateaued and are focusing on top sellers. I don't fault them, its just sad as the purchasing collector.

But of course there are some grails they did knock out of the park in-betweeen, then they will go and put something out that they know a select group of fans want to see but they don't think it will bring them Iron Man dollars so they CLEARLY half-*** it like the Crow.

Can't imagine why you'd be upset over that Ray. No mass produced outfit will ever beat an original Kato outfit. Even if Kato made the proto himself. :lol
And that's not opinion, that's fact. :lecture

Plus Chan said they want to do part 2 first

Marty-McFly-Confused-In-Back-To-The-Future-Gif.gif

What kind of logic is that??? :gah:

Edit: Now that I think about it, Marty uses nearly every look from part 1 in part 2 so technically, HT could use that license and hammer out part 1 80s Marty, part 2 Marty jr. look and many more...

and that is where I will jump off the wagon. I have no interest in anything but a part one Marty.

I dig the future look with the hover board and the shoes and jacket. I'm in!

All it takes is a vest and shoe swap and you have a part 1 Marty. They'll probably throw those in.

If you're referring to shortround , he wasn't even posting in this thread until after the fact . I had already said what i said then he posted in here . So he randomly shows up in a thread , so i have to stop what i'm saying because he's your friend and you're a mod?

:lol

How dare you Mr. EcKo. :lol

I'm almost positive the HT figure will look better than the custom figures. Who gives a **** if the vest doesn't look quite as good as the one some people paid $400 for? :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back