Hot Toys Back to the Future DX?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it happens more than some custom junkies would like to believe, look at the tailoring on Loki, The Mandarin, Agent Coulson, Jack Sparrow, DX11 and so on. Hot toys tailoring is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Not to say they haven't been out done from time to time by the best of the best custom tailors, but not on a regular basis.

Take for instance rainmans taxidriver, ok figure with a dragon level head sculpt and that jacket is mediocre at best, other pieces of the outfit are better but the some of all the parts makes for an average figure with an outrageous price.

Take again the joker outfit made by kado, amazing work but 700 bucks for a 1/6 jacket is mind blowing considering you could have bought the DX11 with kado's outfit and a buttload of stuff it comes with twice. I get the that a custom tailors time factors into the price but pound for pound value and quality hot toys wins everytime.

I have limited experience with customs, but I have to say - I was not impressed with my Rainman Marty. There was several issues I had with the tailoring. I fully expect a Hot Toys version to be superior, which is why I sold my custom.

Im not saying hot toys blows or anything haha or that they aren't needed, and of course rainman uses their bodies... but steals? haha what kind of statement is that. And you can call the prices retarded but it isn't your money so who cares. I think buying 7 different ironmans is retarded but I don't judge people for it, thats their taste and their money. And yes HT's does make thousands of figures but because of that I should be subject to inferior clothing? And so what if Rainman buyers buy the HT Marty accesories or even the sculpt, rainman's was released a really long time ago, the sculpt was made by Eric Sosa who is great but I personally wasn't crazy about it, as for the accessories it only came with the skateboard and walkman, so why wouldn't those owners want more choices?

You guys are completely forgetting the point and true essence of customs. Customs are made because of the fact companies like HT and SS won't make some of the licenses were crave and want. Sometimes not even being their fault. Likenesses aren't approved or given or what ever the reason may be.

What's the point of coming in a thread and saying negative things about a custom figure? So stupid. To me, until that licensed figure is produced and in my hands to judge if I like it or not, my custom figure completely serviced its purpose. And that was the desire and need to have a Marty Mcfly on my shelf.

I have limited experience with customs, but I have to say - I was not impressed with my Rainman Marty. There was several issues I had with the tailoring. I fully expect a Hot Toys version to be superior, which is why I sold my custom.

Coming from the master futzer , that's saying a lot.

Good post

What would rainman do without hot toys????
He steals their bodies, hands, neck plugs, etc..

I'm sorry his prices are retarded and you guys buy it. IMO Rainmans headsculpts are stylized character. Yeah his tailoring is top notch, it's because he only has to make 20_30 of them, hot toys makes thousands.

Mark my words, all the owners of the trev/rainman Marty will buy all of hot toys accessories and possibly the head sculpt. (pers)

The question really is where would this hobby be with hot toys:lecture

This is the case most of the time I think.

Im not saying hot toys blows or anything haha or that they aren't needed, and of course rainman uses their bodies... but steals? haha what kind of statement is that. And you can call the prices retarded but it isn't your money so who cares. I think buying 7 different ironmans is retarded but I don't judge people for it, thats their taste and their money. And yes HT's does make thousands of figures but because of that I should be subject to inferior clothing? And so what if Rainman buyers buy the HT Marty accesories or even the sculpt, rainman's was released a really long time ago, the sculpt was made by Eric Sosa who is great but I personally wasn't crazy about it, as for the accessories it only came with the skateboard and walkman, so why wouldn't those owners want more choices?

Agreed, people can collect what or however they want, but the issue was raised about how no one can touch custom figures, A point which I truely disagree with, for the most part its the other way around.

You guys are completely forgetting the point and true essence of customs. Customs are made because of the fact companies like HT and SS won't make some of the licenses were crave and want. Sometimes not even being their fault. Likenesses aren't approved or given or what ever the reason may be.

What's the point of coming in a thread and saying negative things about a custom figure? So stupid. To me, until that licensed figure is produced and in my hands to judge if I like it or not, my custom figure completely serviced its purpose. And that was the desire and need to have a Marty Mcfly on my shelf.

No one forgot that point, I even stated that very fact!

How am I trolling? This same garbage happened in other threads. It seems to me that you use your moderator power and delete peoples post that you don't agree with or do not go with your opinions.

Then you call me a troll.

If you actually read back a few pages I'm the one that kinda started this debate.

I said I can't wait to see hot toys version of this and how it will blow Rainmans outta the water

This thread! :gah:

marty.gif%3Fw%3D590

In hindsight, I see Ecko was just trolling here. Skull's opinion differs a bit from mine, but it seems like his honest opinion, and I respect and support that.

:lecture

Skull you make very good points. A good example for me would be the 89 Batman. I had a terrible custom back then. I was dying for HT to make one. Once they did, I think I threw my custom in the trash. But even when the HT 89 Batman was released it desperately needed a custom cape. So I don't like getting into the debate about which is better. Customs for me serve a purpose. Sometimes it's to better my licensed figure, sometimes to have a complete custom until a licensed figure can beat it. Which I have no problem admitting if it does.

And SOMETIMES the licence figure doesn't even come close to a custom. Just the way it is. :dunno

Skull you make very good points. A good example for me would be the 89 Batman. I had a terrible custom back then. I was dying for HT to make one. Once they did, I think I threw my custom in the trash. But even when the HT 89 Batman was released it desperately needed a custom cape. So I don't like getting into the debate about which is better. Customs for me serve a purpose. Sometimes it's to better my licensed figure, sometimes to have a complete custom until a licensed figure can beat. Which I have no problem admitting if it does.

And SOMETIMES the licence figure doesn't even come close to a custom. Just the way it is. :dunno

:goodpost:

In hindsight, I see Ecko was just trolling here. Skull's opinion differs a bit from mine, but it seems like his honest opinion, and I respect and support that.

Thanks, Ecko is a little rough around the edges in the way he posts, but he is not a troll:lecture

Skull you make very good points. A good example for me would be the 89 Batman. I had a terrible custom back then. I was dying for HT to make one. Once they did, I think I threw my custom in the trash. But even when the HT 89 Batman was released it desperately needed a custom cape. So I don't like getting into the debate about which is better. Customs for me serve a purpose. Sometimes it's to better my licensed figure, sometimes to have a complete custom until a licensed figure can beat it. Which I have no problem admitting if it does.

Very true, it can go ether way, I like both customs and hot toys, but I won't lie hot toys has earned the lion share of my paychecks:panic::lol

I really am not a fan of the third BTTF and the fact that it was filmed back to back with the 2nd blows my mind haha, I hope HTs sticks to the first and second ones.

I really am not a fan of the third BTTF and the fact that it was filmed back to back with the 2nd blows my mind haha, I hope HTs sticks to the first and second ones.

Dude the third one is a western!!! And his name is CLINT EASTWOOD for crying out loud!!! :lol

Love all three, but the third is my second favorite, followed by the second. Of course the original is the best. :)

I just may be rough around the edges skull.
But you know I'm a real person. They might not know
this is me on here, is the same person you will meet in real life, I don't put on no fake bull crap.
I express my opinions genuinely. I tell it as it is, you don't like it then call me a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back