Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have an observation. There are a lot of people buying this despite some shortcomings in some of the interior details, non lighting circuits, wrong AFrame, no light night Rod. Etc. and it's being bought at the suggested price. some will wait for a sale but I think this will sell out once SSC gets its second drop and all flexers/ remaining prepayers get theirs.

Indeed. It has faults, but there's a lot that's good too, and all in all a lot of people (including me!) are still willing to buy it. It's not a choice between this or perfect, it's a choice between this or not this. I chose this.

HT has added Mr Fusion and the Hover Tires, perhaps a stand for part 2. All these things with additional price. For those of you not satisfied and holding out for part 2 to be better (not because you only prefer the look), don't you think that version will likely have all the shortcomings of part 1 with some added features to make It part 2 specific?

I could see them not changing the interior details or lighting and especially don't see them changing the A frame. When part 1 is still mostly being gobbled up.

Not trying to start a fight. Just something that seemed very possible in my eyes

If V2 ever happens, I still think it's extremely unlikely that they will make changes except on parts where they must - e.g. the wheel mountings.
Three reasons:
1. The problems aren't serious enough to stop most people who are interested from buying it. They translate into disappointment rather than lost sales.
2. Fixing these things would involve new molds - and molds are super expensive.
3. If they were to fix any of these things, this would be seen as an admission that they were wrong this time around. Companies are very averse to admitting to mistakes, for fear that they'll get a ton of returns and end up losing money. So, much safer to not touch the bits that people are upset about.

Well, seeing what Hot Toys made on the newer versions of the same figure (batman, joker,...), I personally think that in case they make the V2 all those minor "dissapointments" on V1 would be revised.
Nevertheless, I would go for this V1 Delorean without any doubt, since I don't have any hope in Hot Toys making anything else with the BTTF line (and, of course, because this first delorean version is absolutely stunning IMO).

Didn't a Hot Toys catalog actually show the Pt II Marty and flying Delorean? If so, is that not a good indicator for eventual release?

Didn't a Hot Toys catalog actually show the Pt II Marty and flying Delorean? If so, is that not a good indicator for eventual release?

I've seen plenty of items advertised and for promotion but never were actually produced. I'd say either going up for PO would be the only sure thing

yes they did but they also showed the 66 batmobile and everyone knows what happened to that. I think the BTTF line has been pushed to one side now. HT will concentrate on civil war, bat v supes and star wars now. part 2 marty may make an appearence at some point but the hover delorean ive pretty much given hope on now. if it does happen, i would expect to see it 2018. the catalogue also showed ripley and that doesnt look like its gonna materialize anytime soon. although saying that, it took ages for batman returns to show up

12622077_937560486320701_1405481811117602031_o.jpeg

yes they did but they also showed the 66 batmobile and everyone knows what happened to that. I think the BTTF line has been pushed to one side now. HT will concentrate on civil war, bat v supes and star wars now. part 2 marty may make an appearence at some point but the hover delorean ive pretty much given hope on now. if it does happen, i would expect to see it 2018. the catalogue also showed ripley and that doesnt look like its gonna materialize anytime soon. although saying that, it took ages for batman returns to show up

View attachment 247226

HT has also been known to release things out of the blue (e.g., Mime Joker), so you just never know.

HT has also been known to release things out of the blue (e.g., Mime Joker), so you just never know.

that is true. I would expect BTTF2 marty to just "appear" but i dont hold much hope for the BTTF2 delorean, not for at least a couple of years. I would also expect that all the things people have moaned about of the part1 delorean will be present on the part 2 version, and i expect a higher price tag too.

I know this is the Delorean thread but had to share what rolled on in today. My Radio shack r.c 69 Camaro.n in 1/6 scale only down side he wont fit in front seat i may need to mod too make room for the legs to sit in ride nicely. It has working headlights breaklights real opening door handles trunk and working hood n mock engine. I stole this baby off Evilbay for 70 buck's shipped from a auction.
Anyway just wanted to share this beauty that will have no problem getting up to 88 mph.:lol
I cant wait to race my delorean in a month or 2.

Got mine in today and I was expecting it to be big but seeing it right there in front of you is something else. I absolutely love it! I'm so glad I decided to put this on pre order. I was planning on waiting for the Part 2 version but I caved about 3 months ago.

Here's a quick picture of mine that I took on my iPhone. If It were outdoors and someone showed me this picture I would honestly think I was looking at a real Delorean. Should have it home and all set up later...can't wait to see it in all it's glory :)

That looks really great. I'd love to have something iconic and a bit more contemporary than the Delorean to sit beside it. Anyone ever come across that giant Gallardo for sale?

Thank's Barry i need to bring Arnold on his new bright fatboy harley to add to the scene ha ha. I'm Loving this ride worth every penny. I cant wait for the Delorean next.

Got mine in today and I was expecting it to be big but seeing it right there in front of you is something else. I absolutely love it! I'm so glad I decided to put this on pre order. I was planning on waiting for the Part 2 version but I caved about 3 months ago.

Here's a quick picture of mine that I took on my iPhone. If It were outdoors and someone showed me this picture I would honestly think I was looking at a real Delorean. Should have it home and all set up later...can't wait to see it in all it's glory :)

I hear yah man. It was one of the show stoppers at 2014 SDCC. I kept going back to Sideshows Booth to stare at it and there was always a crowd. Could not believe they surprised us with a 1/6 DeLorean and Marty to boot. This was my favorite surprise of that year for sure. Can't wait to get mine. in.

Can anybody tell me the dimensions with the doors up? I'm trying to decide the measurements to order my acrylic top

I see in all pictures that the front and back pieces have a gold/brownish tint instead of a silver-steel look. I thought it was because of lightning conditions on the first photos an videos that were uploaded here, but now I see it in every photo. I saw the original car on April on a trip to Universal Studios, and I have a couple of replicas, and the colour is not the same as the rest of the car steel, but it's more like a dark-silver, rather than a gold-tint steel as it looks on the photos on the Hot Toys piece.
Can somebody tell us what exact colour are those front and back pieces? Thanks!

View attachment 247226

We don't know what happened to the 66 batmobile yet. This year us the 50th anniversary of the show and if not shown this year at sdcc, then I will totally give up hope. Only Hts knows for sure. I have a little hope left, but its on life support though.

Back