Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if you can add a gift card to an existing sideshow preorder? I flex paid this on Saturday and then my wife gives me a sideshow gift card for vday gift. Would love to slap this on the delorean or my hulkbuster po

No.. i tried to add a giftcard on my Deadpool Preorder and it didnt`t worked.

My cabinet i designed to hold my whole collection and fit the Delorean is finally coming together...

50D4117B-BE05-4DE4-B948-82CDBA469CD1.jpg

VERY COOL!:clap:clap:clap I Cant wait to see it all set up.

VERY COOL!:clap:clap:clap I Cant wait to see it all set up.

I ordered the shelves today. One shelf is only half width(So Iron Monger, Hulk and Jake Sully can poke up above the normal shelf height).
I've run into a small snag that i didn't account for gaps between the doors, so i am going to order custom doors too.
Shouldn't be long till it's all ready to fit my figures into.

I just contacted my LCS, I'm going to try to work a "deal" to swing this. Just too iconic to pass up; and I know this will have a low production run; and I will kick myself if I don't pull the trigger now and I can't get this in the future...

IMG_5640.JPGIMG_5652.JPG

the wires seem to long on my front bumper, may v=cut them back a bit

Attachments

• IMG_5655.JPG
    IMG_5655.JPG
    605.6 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5656.JPG
    IMG_5656.JPG
    590.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_5653.JPG
    IMG_5653.JPG
    657.4 KB · Views: 328
Got any info on how you built this display?

Well I don't know what specifics you want but it was pretty simple. I went cheap and bought a used tank and repurposed some wood I had.

The case is you standard 40gal tank. I bought a the thickest grade plexiglas I could find and cut it to fit the inner rim. You could go thinner but I have cats who like to jump where they shouldn't so I didn't want it to buckle and fall in if they went on it. I also frosted the bottom pane of glass to hide the hollow base and make the lighting more site.

Again, going cheap I had some mdf shelving with black laminate. I was limited by its size and would have preferred the base to be longer but I didn't want to spend money if it wasn't necessary. Each board was 30x14. I made a 45degree cut on each end so the outer finish would be clean. The front and back wind up being about 29" and the sides are 15.5.

I used 2 90degree angle braces on the inside of each corner of the base to attach them to eachother and mounted 29" "under-the-counter" strip lights on the inside front and back. I wanted natural light to hit everything in the case most the time otherwise I wouldn't have used plexi on the top. I wanted some hidden accent lighting and figured Id make shadows similar to what the flames did on the car and Marty on the original poster which is why I put lighting in the base.

That's about it. I don't know if there are any other specifics you want

:wave
Well I don't know what specifics you want but it was pretty simple. I went cheap and bought a used tank and repurposed some wood I had.

The case is you standard 40gal tank. I bought a the thickest grade plexiglas I could find and cut it to fit the inner rim. You could go thinner but I have cats who like to jump where they shouldn't so I didn't want it to buckle and fall in if they went on it. I also frosted the bottom pane of glass to hide the hollow base and make the lighting more site.

Again, going cheap I had some mdf shelving with black laminate. I was limited by its size and would have preferred the base to be longer but I didn't want to spend money if it wasn't necessary. Each board was 30x14. I made a 45degree cut on each end so the outer finish would be clean. The front and back wind up being about 29" and the sides are 15.5.

I used 2 90degree angle braces on the inside of each corner of the base to attach them to eachother and mounted 29" "under-the-counter" strip lights on the inside front and back. I wanted natural light to hit everything in the case most the time otherwise I wouldn't have used plexi on the top. I wanted some hidden accent lighting and figured Id make shadows similar to what the flames did on the car and Marty on the original poster which is why I put lighting in the base.

That's about it. I don't know if there are any other specifics you want

That's perfect exactly what I was looking for, I love the under lighting and wanted to do the same thing, one more question how did you frost it? Thanks for the tips I'm using some of your ideas for mine

:wave

That's perfect exactly what I was looking for, I love the under lighting and wanted to do the same thing, one more question how did you frost it? Thanks for the tips I'm using some of your ideas for mine

You bet. I just read my post. Sorry for any grammar errors. I was on my phone and auto correct changed some stuff.

The frost is just literally frost spray-paint found with all the other spray paints. I only did the exterior bottom. Make sure you tape the sides off well so the frost doesnt get on the side panes.

Only thing I want to still do is drill a hole in the glass so i can wire the delorean but I'm terrified of shattering the glass. I know it can be done but Ive never personally done it.

Had my Delorean for a few days now and there was one big thing that irked me. The doors are really flimsy and don't seem to hold up very well. I would have though the plastic is thicker on a model of this scale. Even my Diamond Select 1/15 had sturdier doors. Other than that, this piece is extremely amazing. (I did have the same issue as another member whereas the magnet for the hood became detached).

Back