Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

Part 2 is my favourite because its literally 3 movies in one. Its past, present and future all linked into 1 movie and each one has its unique aspects and mini storylines which are intriguing. I loved the future segment and I thought they pulled this off very well considering the movie was made in 1989. Granted we have no hover cars but some of the concepts have come true (the digital television marty was using). I like part 1 for its originality and I like the idea in 3 of going back to the west(although the story was a little too soppy for my liking) but in terms of all out action, great storylines and humour part 2 is definitely the most exciting and in my eyes the best of the 3.

Last edited:

Although i love all three films, and especially the third one, as there was no other way out except the train plan they came up with
Well if we are ignoring the fact that gasoline actually wouldn't have been that difficult to get a hold of in 1885 had they been willing to travel to a more industrialized area to get it, the train was pretty much the only plan to get back.

But I never got the urgency to catch up to THAT particular train. Had they missed the train, they could have easily waited a couple of days until the next one ran through town and went back then. Would have made things a little less dramatic, but a lot safer.

(There's actually a very simple way Marty could have gotten back to the future in the first one if the lightning strike hadn't worked out that everyone seems to always miss)
What is that? I can't think of anything but you have me very curious.

Part 2 will always be my fave because of the flying Delorean and how much use they make of it. It is FINALLY a Time/Space machine in a way it never could be in the first and third movies.
I get it. The flying Delorean has more of a 'wow' factor to it and a sense of wonder, but for me there is just something so iconic about the Delorean driving. Seeing it speed up as all of the different mechanisms start glowing and sparking before it finally explodes and "punches" its way through time. Seeing it drive on pavement gives you more of a sense of relativistic speed you just don't get watching something flying.

$550 /$650 without a doubt - $1000 quotes are just being silly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah $1000 is a little out there, but you never know. Hopefully not. Im still sticking to the $600-$700 price range. Id be fine with that

I said $1000 with shipping because of the detail. I know the Delorean is smaller than the Batmobile. But with The Bat pushing I assume $900 with shipping. I don't know I see some freight warning on Sideshow's site. And the Delorean is kind of up there with the 66 Batmobile in the level of attention it will take. I just don't see this being less than the 89 Batmobile. I see it as close or more to The Bat pricing.

I said $1000 with shipping because of the detail. I know the Delorean is smaller than the Batmobile. But with The Bat pushing I assume $900 with shipping. I don't know I see some freight warning on Sideshow's site. And the Delorean is kind of up there with the 66 Batmobile in the level of attention it will take. I just don't see this being less than the 89 Batmobile. I see it as close or more to The Bat pricing.

I agree with ReplicantSavior. I see this as $800.00 easy before shipping. $900.00 would not surprise me in the least. $550.00-600.00...no way, no how...

Yeah i would sadly agree after looking at the price of the bat plane/helicopter thing that this will not be cheap, but i would love for HT to prove me wrong.

Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

Why all the prediction of prices ? Those who really want it will buy no matter what the cost ..

Last edited:

Well if we are ignoring the fact that gasoline actually wouldn't have been that difficult to get a hold of in 1885 had they been willing to travel to a more industrialized area to get it, the train was pretty much the only plan to get back.

I know. Buford was jailed and there was now no rush to get back.

I get it. The flying Delorean has more of a 'wow' factor to it and a sense of wonder, but for me there is just something so iconic about the Delorean driving. Seeing it speed up as all of the different mechanisms start glowing and sparking before it finally explodes and "punches" its way through time. Seeing it drive on pavement gives you more of a sense of relativistic speed you just don't get watching something flying.

Yeah. It's just the idea they could get in the PTII Deloran and fly to France if they wanted, which couldn't be done with the PTI or PTIII versions.

What is that? I can't think of anything but you have me very curious.

Well, you'll kick yourself when you hear it, lol(Because they used this in the third movie)...
Doc is fond of remonstrating to Marty with the line: "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!"

What do they need to send the Delorean back to the future? A slug of plutonium. They *have* a working time machine except for the power.
But. They KNOW where the plutonium is. It's in a lead lined crate in the parking lot of the Lone Pines Mall in late 1985...
So, Marty gets a job semi-locally doing whatever he can in 1955, and Doc gets busy using the 1985 Delorean as reference to build a brand new one and(Eventually) becoming good friends with a young Marty McFly. They make sure pretty much everything happens as it did before until Marty escapes the libyans to go back to 1955, they get the crate of plutonium, and then old Marty can get into the Delorean that has been sitting hidden in Doc's garage these past thirty years, travel back to either the day he first arrived in 1955, and give his younger self who has just arrived outside Lyon Estates a slug of plutonium(100% restoring the original timeline), or just before the lightning strike(Ensuring the new timeline stays as is). "old Marty"(The one who has grown thirty years older waiting to get the plutonium) will be eventually erased by the ripple effect like Old Biff was, but no plan is perfect.

Basically, rather than all the shenanigans with the clock tower, sit tight and get the plutonium when you know where it will be. If all went well, as soon as they TALK about that being their plan, technically speaking, old Marty should turn up immediately with their plutonium slug, lol.
I'm not suggesting it would make a better story. Just that it makes an alternate plan in case things go wrong.

And if you think about it, this is kind of what happened in PTIII anyway(And it is also a way for them to have not required a train). Doc stored the time machine, died, and Marty and 1955 Doc found it and sent Marty back.

So, a way to avoid the train stuff is to go into the old Delgado mine, open up the Delorean that Doc just left there, and leave a message for Marty and 1955 Doc to include a 5 gallon can of gas in the trunk...

Part 2 was always my undisputed favourite growing up but in hindsight and now I am a little older, the original is still the undisputed best.

Can't wait for this.

I know. Buford was jailed and there was now no rush to get back.

Yeah. It's just the idea they could get in the PTII Deloran and fly to France if they wanted, which couldn't be done with the PTI or PTIII versions.

Well, you'll kick yourself when you hear it, lol(Because they used this in the third movie)...
Doc is fond of remonstrating to Marty with the line: "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!"

What do they need to send the Delorean back to the future? A slug of plutonium. They *have* a working time machine except for the power.
But. They KNOW where the plutonium is. It's in a lead lined crate in the parking lot of the Lone Pines Mall in late 1985...
So, Marty gets a job semi-locally doing whatever he can in 1955, and Doc gets busy using the 1985 Delorean as reference to build a brand new one and(Eventually) becoming good friends with a young Marty McFly. They make sure pretty much everything happens as it did before until Marty escapes the libyans to go back to 1955, they get the crate of plutonium, and then old Marty can get into the Delorean that has been sitting hidden in Doc's garage these past thirty years, travel back to either the day he first arrived in 1955, and give his younger self who has just arrived outside Lyon Estates a slug of plutonium(100% restoring the original timeline), or just before the lightning strike(Ensuring the new timeline stays as is). "old Marty"(The one who has grown thirty years older waiting to get the plutonium) will be eventually erased by the ripple effect like Old Biff was, but no plan is perfect.

Basically, rather than all the shenanigans with the clock tower, sit tight and get the plutonium when you know where it will be. If all went well, as soon as they TALK about that being their plan, technically speaking, old Marty should turn up immediately with their plutonium slug, lol.
I'm not suggesting it would make a better story. Just that it makes an alternate plan in case things go wrong.

And if you think about it, this is kind of what happened in PTIII anyway(And it is also a way for them to have not required a train). Doc stored the time machine, died, and Marty and 1955 Doc found it and sent Marty back.

So, a way to avoid the train stuff is to go into the old Delgado mine, open up the Delorean that Doc just left there, and leave a message for Marty and 1955 Doc to include a 5 gallon can of gas in the trunk...

The bill and ted method .......

Of course Marty does completely benefit from tweaking the time line but he his meddling could easily have erased himself

The bill and ted method .......

Of course Marty does completely benefit from tweaking the time line but he his meddling could easily have erased himself

Indeed.
In the first movie, the end is deemed a success because his parents now drive a beemer, Marty has a 4x4 and Biff is put in his place.
But i am willing to bet many other things in the town could have changed disastrously.

Part 2 was always my undisputed favourite growing up but in hindsight and now I am a little older, the original is still the undisputed best.

Can't wait for this.

I was the same way lol! Now I see the first one as the better film out of the 3

Indeed.
In the first movie, the end is deemed a success because his parents now drive a beemer, Marty has a 4x4 and Biff is put in his place.
But i am willing to bet many other things in the town could have changed disastrously.

His successful parents might have stopped with one child!!

Can't remember which site I saw it on but there was a mention that he basically kills his own family and replaces them with totally different people who must look similar!!!

I see in the thread above that Howard has said they're not even sure they are going to make this car. Wtf!!

I really want this and will cry if it is not made. Or something.

Make it hot toys and make it now !!!!!

Oh also has anyone read that interview in its original form and if so can they confirm the translation ?

His successful parents might have stopped with one child!!

Can't remember which site I saw it on but there was a mention that he basically kills his own family and replaces them with totally different people who must look similar!!!

That actually makes sense, lol.
Have you ever seen "About Time"? A married guy who has a daughter has an alcoholic sister who is self destructive, is seeing a guy who is totally bad for her and causes her to have a bad car accident. The main guy has the ability to time travel, goes back in time a few years, tells his sister about her life path, and changes her around. He comes forward to the present to find his sister DID turn her life around. She is in a great relationship now and doing well. But the guy himself has inadvertently made small ripples in his own life. He's still married, but now has a son instead of a daughter... He can't take the changes, goes back and this time doesn't alter his sister's path, so his life will once again have his daughter in it. I love time travel stories. I have a library of time travel audiobooks.

And i am sure the Delorean will be made.
Marty will be a big success and so will the car.
I have been watching PT2 to slice out the scenes with the car flying. That movie contains one of my favourite special effects handoffs. It's the scene where they are about to drop Jennifer off in 1985-C. The Delorean comes flying around some trees and starts landing. As it gets close to the ground, the effects model passes behind a street lamp and they hand off from the model to the full size car. It's magic.
This isn't great quality, but it still shows enough:

Indeed.

Marty also lives in a house of relative strangers, Loraine has given birth to a boy that looks exactly like her ex-boyfriend, and the guy that once raped his mom now has keys to his house and is the family's personal slave.

Marty also lives in a house of relative strangers, Loraine has given birth to a boy that looks exactly like her ex-boyfriend, and the guy that once raped his mom now has keys to his house and is the family's personal slave.

It was the 80's.
In America in the 80's, if you ended up with a new car and things were all better, it was totally fine.

Username. I too love time travel films and yes saw and enjoyed about time

Back