Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

So curious to see what the general masses think, Do you think SSC acted blindly and presumptious to advertise the Delorean as "coming soon"? or Do you guys think they know more than they want (or allowed) to let off? Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 7.30.05 AM.jpg

Yeah they know alright. Im sure they wouldn't be putting up that pic just on their own. Starting to think that interview was fake or something.

How long has the 66 Batmobile been in the coming soon section. Batman and Robin are on collectors shelves and no hint of a PO for that yet.

How long has the 66 Batmobile been in the coming soon section. Batman and Robin are on collectors shelves and no hint of a PO for that yet.

Before SDCC '13 I believe.

I hate to bring up the reality for those waiting for Hot Toys 1966 Batmobile, the HT Batman and Robin don't appear to be selling will, I think this is the reason why HT may decide to not go ahead with it.

Which is a shame, because they are incredible figures. A bang for your buck because of all the fun they provide.

Which is a shame, because they are incredible figures. A bang for your buck because of all the fun they provide.

Your right, but I think the problem is after you get passed the generation that watched the TV show, the audience that's interested in buying them is limited, and that's probably why there not sold out. If you're going to make a $700+ Batmobile you better have a huge fan base to buy it, just don't see the demand, like it was for Batman 89, I hope am wrong.

Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

Your right, but I think the problem is after you get passed the generation that watched the TV show, the audience that's interested in buying them is limited, and that's probably why there not sold out. If you're going to make a $700+ Batmobile you better have a huge fan base to buy it, just don't see the demand, like it was for Batman 89, I hope am wrong.

I agree with you 100%, don't get me wrong.

While Id love for this thing to be made (having all HT 1/6 Bat-vehicles made so far on a shelf was/is one of my wet dreams) it doesn't really make it a good business move by HT. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that these guys are shelf warmers. And yes, it's a ducking shame.

This debate is killing me. I am so exited to think i will get the 66 batmbobile, but are now a bit worried about this. Also, now if the Delorean is not sure of it`s destiny. HT should explain themselves why that is, when they pull away an coming soon revealing. As what happended to smooth criminal jackson!

I do not think there should be any concern about the delorean being made. I do not think I have seen such excitement over a vehicle before. 1966 Bat mobile is iconic… but is it something a lot of people are really dying for? The delorean appeals to so many markets.

I definitely do think they will make the Delorean even if that interview seemed sketchy. The 66 Batmobile I hope they still do for the fans and for the collectors who bought Batman and Robin. But you know how Hot Toys can be.

I do not think there should be any concern about the delorean being made. I do not think I have seen such excitement over a vehicle before. 1966 Bat mobile is iconic… but is it something a lot of people are really dying for? The delorean appeals to so many markets.

Idk man, that '66 batmobile is legendary, it was a show stopper at SSC's booth at SDCC '13. I'm sure 80% of the peeps stoping for pics didn't realize the price tags on these things though.

I hate to bring up the reality for those waiting for Hot Toys 1966 Batmobile, the HT Batman and Robin don't appear to be selling will, I think this is the reason why HT may decide to not go ahead with it.

I purposely haven't ordered the Batman and Robin figures as I'm waiting for the 66 Batmobile to definately go up for PO. However, I have ordered the Marty figure :horror have I tempted fate!?

Sales of the figures will influence wether the accompanying vehicles will be made or not. If sales of the 66 Batman and Robin are poor because collectors are waiting for the car to turn up, they may actually be the very reason why it hasn't yet materialized. Pre-orders for Marty appear to be very good, so it increases the likelihood of a DeLorean. Those who want the Batmobile should buy the figures now. In the event of the Batmobile being officially cancelled, then you can sell them on if need be.

Idk man, that '66 batmobile is legendary, it was a show stopper at SSC's booth at SDCC '13. I'm sure 80% of the peeps stoping for pics didn't realize the price tags on these things though.
Unlike Marty though, those figs haven't really sold all that well
I purposely haven't ordered the Batman and Robin figures as I'm waiting for the 66 Batmobile to definately go up for PO. However, I have ordered the Marty figure :horror have I tempted fate!?
Nope you're spot on with your choice. Marty is wanted and needed. He also looks better overall than Batman and Robin (definitely Batman). I bought Marty and I didn't even want to Lol. Now to wait for the greatest car ever

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

For most people, $50 or $100 for a toy car, even a very nice-looking toy car, is hard to swallow. When you're talking $500, $600, $700, you're talking about rarefied air, a niche market.

Then you have to deal with space issues. For most wives and families, a couple of figures is one thing, but once you start getting into vehicle or playset territory...check out YouTube for some wife/gf reactions.

That's what I've been saying all along...
Nice. I have a feeling that we May get a preview for the Delorean tomorrow and it'll go up for PO Thursday. Hope I'm right. Its been 2 weeks since Marty too so that'd be nice

Nice. I have a feeling that we May get a preview for the Delorean tomorrow and it'll go up for PO Thursday. Hope I'm right. Its been 2 weeks since Marty too so that'd be nice

Don't do this to me bro!!! I've had too much excitement for one week!!! :lol

Back