Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

$550 /$650 without a doubt - $1000 quotes are just being silly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I agree should just be $650 without shipping cost !!! Please don't mention more than that , it like suggesting to hottoy to charge us higher !!

Yeah $1000 is a little out there, but you never know. Hopefully not. Im still sticking to the $600-$700 price range. Id be fine with that

Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

I hope they fix these vents. They should be open, not sealed off.

View attachment 126548

For a expensive collector item it should be more detail for the vent which I think /hope hottoy they will rectify it in the final product.
But you know what people or even me will still buy it if they don't , is sad but truth .

Last edited:

Yes! Those vents need to be fully opened and not closed like that- BIG BIG error but it's a prototype- I have faith production piece will not be so off..

I wonder if HT would include a couple of sculpted flame tracks.

My wallet is prepared for this. This will be my holy grail right here with Marty. Hopefully we get Doc and I'll be one happy collector.

I also just realized that the Licence plate shouldn't be there. It was left in 1985 in the parking lot. lol. You know, to be screen accurate.

I also just realized that the Licence plate shouldn't be there. It was left in 1985 in the parking lot. lol. You know, to be screen accurate.

Exactly why I'm passing :lecture

The license plate is on there because basically they recreated the car when it was first revealed in the film. You either take it or leave it. I'm glad we're getting the plate. It's a cool and very accurate detail.

The license plate is on there because basically they recreated the car when it was first revealed in the film. You either take it or leave it. I'm glad we're getting the plate. It's a cool and very accurate detail.

I suppose he was just trying to amuse us .... I would like to have all things intact though

Sorry, all i meant was "If the vents being wrong are all that is wrong with the final version, i will be very happy".
I didn't mean that i had spied other inaccuracies.
I *have* spied some details that make me think this might be closer to production that people realise though.
Some mould panel lines which never show up in proto parts, only in production parts.

Ah I gotcha. Besides the vents, the only thing that's bugging me is the windshield. It's just coming across as very cheap looking.

Just finished BTTF II. Great film, I really don't know why that isn't just as highly regarded as the first one. Really genius what they did in that one.

2015 will be the year of BTTF! .........and Avengers 2.....and Star wars 7 :)

Ah I gotcha. Besides the vents, the only thing that's bugging me is the windshield. It's just coming across as very cheap looking.

I read that before from one of your posts, and i can't see the problem. I will reserve judgement till the silent guy does a review when it first comes out, lol.

Just finished BTTF II. Great film, I really don't know why that isn't just as highly regarded as the first one. Really genius what they did in that one.

I think with all the time hopping, it was quite the departure from the first film(In which we only see five trips through time, but two at the beginning and three at the end). In BTTFII we saw(Or were hinted that) 6 trips(Plus we got to see the Doc again at the beginning arriving from 2015, and Marty at the end travelling from 1955 to 1985), but spaced much closer together(And at no time in BTTFII did they use the "No 1.21GW/Car can't drive under it's own power" running gag that they used in the first and the third movie).
BTTFII stands on it's own *because* it's such a rollercoaster adventure. The original movie was more of a love story to the fifties and how nice it was but there's no place like home(It's very nice, to go travellin' but it's nicer to come home). And in many ways, the third film is to westerns what the first was to fifties nostalgia in america(And what's more nostalgic from the fifties than cars that can fly?!?!?).
The genius in PTII was in tying it into PTI so cleverly. Although *technically* we are seeing a new divergent timeline(In reality, Marty wasn't backstage dealing with Biffs goons the first time around. This is another alternate timeline like in the first movie), it's done in such a way that you believe he *could* have been.
Watched in sequence, the first movie is a great story but is the calm before the storm that is PTII. And after you watch PTII, you are ready for a bit of a break in PTIII, which is a gentler tale of Doc finding his place and finding love, of Marty learning to bear insults better, and of course, getting Marty finally back to the future for good.
Although i love all three films, and especially the third one, as there was no other way out except the train plan they came up with(There's actually a very simple way Marty could have gotten back to the future in the first one if the lightning strike hadn't worked out that everyone seems to always miss), Part 2 will always be my fave because of the flying Delorean and how much use they make of it. It is FINALLY a Time/Space machine in a way it never could be in the first and third movies.

2015 will be the year of BTTF! .........and Avengers 2.....and Star wars 7 :)

Just as an aside...

In terms of movie releases, besides Avengers 2 and Star Wars 7, we're also getting Mad Max 4, Jurassic World, Terminator: Genisys, Ant-Man, Assassin's Creed, Mission Impossible 5, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, Jupiter Ascending, Taken 3, and Bond 24. And, if it's your thing, remakes/reboots of Point Break, Hitman, Fantastic Four, Friday the 13th, Poltergeist, and Frankenstein. Although I'm looking forward to a number of those as sequels to enjoyable franchises, I suppose this list shows that Hollywood is really out of ideas. Also, I gotta give a big WTF? to the Point Break and Poltergeist remakes (a smaller wtf? goes to the other remakes/reboots).

2015 is also the 30th anniversary of The Breakfast Club, Friday the 13th: A New Beginning, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Rambo: First Blood Part 2, The Goonies, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Teen Wolf, Commando, Rocky IV, Clue, Legend, Red Sonja, Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Re-Animator, Weird Science, Pee-wee's Big Adventure, and A View to a Kill (among others). It's also the 40th anniversary of Jaws.

I assume Ant-Man will be on Hot Toys' radar; not sure about any of the others. Maybe Terminator as a franchise with prior figure releases, but I'd guess not. Avengers 2 will probably consume Hot Toys' pre-order list. My fingers are crossed for Mad Max getting some love given that we're getting a new movie and it's the 30th anniversary of the third one, but that's even less likely, if at all.

Yeah but the car didn't have the 1955 modification for the direct gigwatt transfer thing before it went back to 1955. I mean if you are sticking with original, you stick with the original. Again, I'm just really picky. haha I need everything to be screen accurate

Yeah but the car didn't have the 1955 modification for the direct gigwatt transfer thing before it went back to 1955. I mean if you are sticking with original, you stick with the original. Again, I'm just really picky. haha I need everything to be screen accurate

I'm accuracy to a point but I don't go beyond picky with these things. If it's close enough I'm fine with it.

Back