Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

The major issue of concern to me is wheither ht will produce the second delorean from the second movie which is the version I really like. Id get the first version but not if a second one is going to come out down the line. Id say they'll only make 1 if I was to hazard a guess but you just never know with ht..

To be fair, the added all the extras with the Batmobile. So they might do the same with this. There aren't too many differences between the versions, as long as they make the hover conversion as standard.

To be fair, the added all the extras with the Batmobile. So they might do the same with this. There aren't too many differences between the versions, as long as they make the hover conversion as standard.

Did the batmobile ht released come with black rims as seen in batman returns? I saw someone who posted a pic of it and it had black rims and was just wondering.

Did the batmobile ht released come with black rims as seen in batman returns? I saw someone who posted a pic of it and it had black rims and was just wondering.

I have no idea. To be honest, although i liked that particular movie back in the day(I was 12, lol), i can't watch it now.
I trust the rims were different in the two movies?

Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

They paint it black themselves . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407189107.113675.jpg

Last edited:

The car really should come with the Part II parts. There so little difference between the two making two separate versions, especially at this price point is kind of dumb. I could see the Part III version being separate if they give it a dusty look but the hover version should be an option I. The first release, especially because it is seen that way in the first movie.

Yup. Exactly. A part 1 version should have all the bits for the delorean seen in part two because it was seen at the end of the first movie with all those conversions.

It doesn't make commercial sense that there would be any car but this one released from the franchise. In kit form sure, but not a whole other release. 80% - my arbitrary figure that sounds authoritative - of buyers who could be bothered with picking up a second car would be struggling with the cash and space to buy and display it. It's wishful thinking of the Nolan fanboys "Bane DX" variety.

It doesn't make commercial sense that there would be any car but this one released from the franchise. In kit form sure, but not a whole other release. 80% - my arbitrary figure that sounds authoritative - of buyers who could be bothered with picking up a second car would be struggling with the cash and space to buy and display it. It's wishful thinking of the Nolan fanboys "Bane DX" variety.

You're not wrong. I have had a major real think of my collection to allocate space and funds for this. I can't see me ever having room for another.

I had to pass on the 89 batmobile and if I had the space that would be the next thing not another Deloran.

A second Marty ? Well ......

I don't really see it as a major issue. Although I prefer the hover conversion model its exactly the same car bar a Mr fusion device on the back and hover wheels so its not really a big deal. The car from the first movie is just as iconic and to be honest I can't see how I'd display the second model with the wheels inverted unless it came with a stand. It would look pretty naff just sitting on inverted wheels on the shelf with no stand.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd settle for the first one they release and wouldn't really mind if they released a second one as I'd be happy with either the car from the first or the second movie.

I am hoping they make the hover conversion model as well so that I can hang it from the ceiling with (heavy duty) fishing line. That would look sweet. All my display space for it is otherwise taken up by the Tumbler and the '89 Batmobile.

Well Cinemaquette made now the second Burton Batmobile with some extras...that was a shocker, so.....

They will absolutely make a BTTF 2 delorean as a new separate release. Look at the tumbler... In camouflage and regular

Last edited:

They will absolutely make a BTTF delorean as a new separate release. Look at the tumbler... In camouflage and regular

You're comparing apples with oranges. The tumbler was released twice because it had 2 different paint jobs. There's no way of incorporating 2 paint jobs with one release. The BTTF 1 & 2 Delorean can easily be released as one with swappable parts.

You're comparing apples with oranges. The tumbler was released twice because it had 2 different paint jobs. There's no way of incorporating 2 paint jobs with one release. The BTTF 1 & 2 Delorean can easily be released as one with swappable parts.

I really hope that's how they do it

I really hope that's how they do it

Likewise. I think it would be incredibly stupid for HT to make 2 separate releases. 99% of people will only buy one. HT would just lose money.

That's what I thought, as well. Three cars is pushing it verrrry far, at this scale.

Quick question. How many people out there actually have both tumblers ?

I confess that I have no interest in the camo one at all. I would love the black one but again it's far down the list.

Quick question. How many people out there actually have both tumblers ?

I confess that I have no interest in the camo one at all. I would love the black one but again it's far down the list.

I ahve neither, but i have to admit, if they release the Tumbler, i can imagine getting both Tumblers and the 89 Batmobile to put in a 1/6 scale fantasy garage...

I don't have both Tumblers, but i do have 2 black ones. I PO'd the reissue and then picked up a damaged one for much less a little later on. The intention was to convert the damaged one into the cannon / rocket firing version. I plan to scratchbuild interchangeable parts to make both versions. Shortly after, HT announced the proper camo version.

My PO'd black one is still mint in box, so would be willing to trade for a camo version, as long as they are reasonably close to Dunfermline. It would save me painting it. I have the 89 one too.

Back