Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a new widow. preferably one with sculpted hair. HULK needs figure! SO DOES hawkeye.

I must say, though, that given HT history, i doubt we'll get much more than Iron man, and possibly hulk or widow.

I would expect Captain America and Iron man to be the obvious first releases. The would be the best selling and easiest to do. I would love a Hulk, but I'm not counting on it!

^^You sure, the new arc in the MKVI has a triangle in it to hold the new reactor in IMII

Absolutely positive.

IronmanTonyStarkNewReactor.png

Iron-Man-MkV-Arc-Reactor.jpg

Trust me I would know.

robert-downey-jr-wink.jpg

I would expect Captain America and Iron man to be the obvious first releases. The would be the best selling and easiest to do. I would love a Hulk, but I'm not counting on it!

and people would expect Rorschach to be the first out of the gate for the watchmen line.

or A Captian Barbossa from the Pirates line.
He was the main villain from the first film after all.

Speaking of Cap, depending on how well the Cap from first avenger sells, they may or may not do him right out of the gate.

There is very little Rhyme or reason to the figures HT decides to make or not make. NOTHING is certain to get a figure untill HT shows official specs and pics.

and people would expect Rorschach to be the first out of the gate for the watchmen line.

or A Captian Barbossa from the Pirates line.
He was the main villain from the first film after all.

Speaking of Cap, depending on how well the Cap from first avenger sells, they may or may not do him right out of the gate.

There is very little Rhyme or reason to the figures HT decides to make or not make. NOTHING is certain to get a figure untill HT shows official specs and pics.

You are right. Sometimes HT picks an odd character. I think Hawkeye would be the worst choice. I know I'd want him, but I am not sure many people would want him in his movie costume which is the most different from his comic costume.

TBQH, i'd be happy with a hawkeye or hulk out of the gate.

as far as cap goes, if he gets a rubber suit from Hot toys, he will be a BIG pass.

TBQH, i'd be happy with a hawkeye or hulk out of the gate.

as far as cap goes, if he gets a rubber suit from Hot toys, he will be a BIG pass.

I would think Cap would be done in cloth or possibly pleather, but more likely cloth. I don't think they would do rubber like the Batman figures...that just doesn't seem right.

that all depends on what his suit is made from in the film.

if it's leather, then the figure will likely be leather

if it's denim/ combat fatigue material, then it will likely be cloth.

but if it's some neoprene, super fabric body-armor crap ( like batman) then you can bet it will be rubber. Pleah.

They better make all of them! I didn't buy Thor (and wont buy Cap) because I'm hoping they will release it for the Avengers!

They better make all of them!!

:exactly: I bought Thor and I will buy current Cap. That said, The current Thor has issues which perhaps could be resolved in the second attempt. Cap, BW and IM all have different suits to varying degrees which qualifies for new figs. Hawkeye and Hulk is self explanatory.

:exactly: I bought Thor and I will buy current Cap. That said, The current Thor has issues which perhaps could be resolved in the second attempt. Cap, BW and IM all have different suits to varying degrees which qualifies for new figs. Hawkeye and Hulk is self explanatory.

I think Hulk is a reach since it will take a MUCH larger body and will cost much more. I guess the good part of that is it could open the door for other characters like the Juggernaut or Bane from the forthcoming Batman movie. Well I guess it depends on how huge they go with Bane, but I hope they go HUGE!

Edit: Maybe even a Kilowog too. But I suspect we won't get Kilowog due to GL getting craptastic reviews.

don't bet on reviews. they made toys for the spirit.

besides that GL is science-fiction, AND a super hero movie.

Most film critics HATE Science fiction.

I think a Hulk wouldn't be too farfetched tbh.
It's just a hugely oversized muscle body. No intricate and difficult costume and probably no real accessories.

I could definitely see this happening! :lecture :rock :pray:

Hey Nick this is the Hot Toys from 616 mainstream comics -
hawkeye.jpg

And this is the ultimate -

108917-138190-hawkeye_super.jpg

Seems they've gone for a mixture of the two, Ultimate costume (more realistic for a SHIELD agent with a hint of 616 purple and no doubt the characterisation of 616 Clint.

I think they made a good choice for Hawkeye's movie look. Not sure that purple outfit would've translated that well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back