1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shot! Does the articulation seem any better than the CW suit or is it the same suit underneath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shot! Does the articulation seem any better than the CW suit or is it the same suit underneath?

Couldn't tell you. I unfortunately don't have CW Widow. My only other widow is TWS. I'd say their articulation is about on par. I was actually surprised to see that she could reach her batons when in the back though. I don't know that I'd recommend keeping her that way, but she can manage it.

Is there a universally agreed upon "best" Black Widow? Or a majority favorite?

CW widow is I think considered the best and most "classic" widow. Wish I had her now if the face/paint is the same as IW person I'm sure she's awesome.

Another shot, while I'm still up:
IMG_0911-01.jpg

Is there a universally agreed upon "best" Black Widow? Or a majority favorite?

Probably Civil War Widow. Best headsculpt, has the long red hair in a nice style, and her uniform doesn't have all the extraneous bells and whistles of the Age of Ultron version.

Quick rundown of the Widows as I've owned them all at one time or another:

1. Iron Man 2: the figure is too tall, noticeably taller than any of the other Widows. The headsculpt is the weakest of them all.

2. Avengers: the uniform accentuates her curves nicely and the headsculpt is getting better. New shorter body used that all future Widows will come with. Hair is in the short "bob" style that Joss Whedon seems to prefer.

3. Winter Soldier: headsculpt improved again, but not everybody loves the long straight hair.

4. Age of Ultron: Same headsculpt as Winter Soldier but repainted, the uniform has blue and red piping that looks a bit odd for a spy. The hair is short and it looks particularly unattractive to me. They were going for pretty much the same "bob" look she had in the first Avengers movie but somehow Hot Toys screwed up the styling this time.

5. Civil War: New headsculpt which is the best we've seen to date. The long hair is back but it has volume and thickness unlike the Winter Soldier version. The uniform is back to basic black and looks great.

6. Infinity War: Repainted Civil War headsculpt. The addition of the green vest gives the uniform a rugged, more military look. The blonde hair is unfortunately not at all close to the color it is in the movie and it looks like she's wearing a cheap wig rather than the dye job it actually is supposed to be.

There you have it. If Hot Toys had done a better job with the hair on the Infinity War version she would have been a nice addition to a Black Widow collection for her distinctive look, but as it stands now, I'm passing on it. Here's hoping Hot Toys gives blonde Widow another shot for Avengers 4.

My fave is the original avengers version, outfit had less fabric bits and more figure hugging and the sculpt was pretty good

I would say my two favorite Widows the CW one and the original Avengers one. Unfortunately I only wanted 1 Widow in my collection and opted to keep the newer CW one. However, both are excellent and the A1 version still holds up to this day.

I'm happy enough with my CW Black Widow, but until we get a figure that actually has the right body type and doesn't look like a skinny teenage version of the character, they're always going to be a bit lacking to me.

I'm struggling with the hair on this. Everything else looks great to me. But the hair......

I am possibly trading for this, so getting it that way makes it a little more desirable over dropping over $200 for it. For those who already have it, it the hair better in hand?

I'm happy enough with my CW Black Widow, but until we get a figure that actually has the right body type and doesn't look like a skinny teenage version of the character, they're always going to be a bit lacking to me.

I've always been tempted to kitbash a proper Black Widow with the right body type. But what kind of body would I use to approximate Scarlett's short yet curvy frame? Phicens have the curves but I'm assuming they're too tall.

If I’m not wrong, this figure has a slightly different body than the CW version.
Just got this and was looking at them standing aside from each other and I could see that Infinity Widow is a bit shorter and has thicker legs, and I think they reduced the bust size a bit.
I don’t think it has to do with the different outfits; but actual different body.

I don’t know, I might be wrong.

CW widow is I think considered the best and most "classic" widow. Wish I had her now if the face/paint is the same as IW person I'm sure she's awesome.

Probably Civil War Widow. Best headsculpt, has the long red hair in a nice style, and her uniform doesn't have all the extraneous bells and whistles of the Age of Ultron version.

Quick rundown of the Widows as I've owned them all at one time or another:

1. Iron Man 2: the figure is too tall, noticeably taller than any of the other Widows. The headsculpt is the weakest of them all.

2. Avengers: the uniform accentuates her curves nicely and the headsculpt is getting better. New shorter body used that all future Widows will come with. Hair is in the short "bob" style that Joss Whedon seems to prefer.

3. Winter Soldier: headsculpt improved again, but not everybody loves the long straight hair.

4. Age of Ultron: Same headsculpt as Winter Soldier but repainted, the uniform has blue and red piping that looks a bit odd for a spy. The hair is short and it looks particularly unattractive to me. They were going for pretty much the same "bob" look she had in the first Avengers movie but somehow Hot Toys screwed up the styling this time.

5. Civil War: New headsculpt which is the best we've seen to date. The long hair is back but it has volume and thickness unlike the Winter Soldier version. The uniform is back to basic black and looks great.

6. Infinity War: Repainted Civil War headsculpt. The addition of the green vest gives the uniform a rugged, more military look. The blonde hair is unfortunately not at all close to the color it is in the movie and it looks like she's wearing a cheap wig rather than the dye job it actually is supposed to be.

There you have it. If Hot Toys had done a better job with the hair on the Infinity War version she would have been a nice addition to a Black Widow collection for her distinctive look, but as it stands now, I'm passing on it. Here's hoping Hot Toys gives blonde Widow another shot for Avengers 4.

Have you seen the Keyboard Warrior comparison video on Youtube ? That's not bad to see the differences first hand.

My fave is the original avengers version, outfit had less fabric bits and more figure hugging and the sculpt was pretty good

I would say my two favorite Widows the CW one and the original Avengers one. Unfortunately I only wanted 1 Widow in my collection and opted to keep the newer CW one. However, both are excellent and the A1 version still holds up to this day.

Thank you kindly, gents!

Seems like CW Widow is the winner. I've never had a Black Widow, was thinking about finally picking her up. Was partial to TWS figure long ago but I'll give the CW version a better look. I just remember she had feathered hair.

I'm struggling with the hair on this. Everything else looks great to me. But the hair......

I am possibly trading for this, so getting it that way makes it a little more desirable over dropping over $200 for it. For those who already have it, it the hair better in hand?

She's pretty awesome in person. With anything rooted you're gunna need a good amount of futzing to get it looking good. This one is better I think than the promo pics show. It is a tad thinner so you have to be careful moving it around as you can see straight to the scalp if you go too crazy. Isn't a real issue though and honestly glad I picked her up. I'm extra hyped for the rest of the infinity war line up now.

Sorry for the pic spam. Having a good time shooting her and figured people want more "in hand" shots anyways.
IMG_20180523_113349_649.jpg

CW Black widow pretty much walks out of the box with the hair futzed. You can always tweak it but it is very impressive how well it is styled already.

So here it goes my Express Review comparing Infinity War Widow and Civil War Widow.

- Infinity has Lighter skin tone.
- Infinity has Thicker legs, reduced bust. (I think it actually has a slightly different body, more than outfit padding).
- Infinity is more poseable, don’t know why it has less suit restriction.
- Infinity from up close looks amazing, probably the best Widow ever; from far away it does have a Barbie doll vibe due to the blonde rooted hair.IMG_2470.JPGIMG_2464.JPGIMG_2469.JPG

Back