1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpted or not, this is a definite improvement over what HT is providing. It's annoying that we'll likely have to buy a knockoff sculpt to get this look, when all it would require is a bit more effort on HT's part.

I don't think it is a knockoff sculpt at all. I think the person sent the HT head to the person to do the paint/mix treatment
to the hair and they sent it back finished that way.

I don't think it is a knockoff sculpt at all. I think the person sent the HT head to the person to do the paint/mix treatment
to the hair and they sent it back finished that way.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that particular head was a knockoff, only that most of us would have to buy a knockoff to achieve a similar look (assuming one is eventually available).

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say it's nothing more than regular old PVA glue, watered down to a thin consistency, and brushed into the hair in layers, styling as you go to slowly build up a firm hold.

Or at least that's where I'd start if I were going to attempt something similar.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wish HT would do something similar to tame the hair on their female figures. Or just go the sculpted route. I hate rooted hair on figures, it's a pain to deal with.

Nope it’s actually out out.

I’m not a fan (due to the lack of IP comp and stealing of product and profit ) of aftermarket or knock off stuff..but this turned out pretty well.

View attachment 412117
View attachment 412118

Man, I have this figure, and would really like to try this mod to the hair, but can’t get to have the balls and don’t know what material did they use to model the hair. [emoji24] but it looks way better.

That looks 10x better than the rooted hair look the stock HT head got.

Hot Toys insistence on forcing rooted hair on their female characters is baffling. Clearly it looks like crap. Only the people who like combing doll hair is happy with it.

I think it depends on the figure; for example Civil War Black Widow looks great with rooted hair; but short styles would go better sculpted; this is the case for Infinity Widow.

I’m waiting for more people in the forum would have her to share tips on molding it with product or something.

So the Black Widow movie has found its director:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...w-movie-be-directed-by-cate-shortland-1126708

But it is said to be a prequel set before the first Avengers film!

Have they not learned anything from Solo?

*sigh*

Completely agree, I hate filling in the blanks. The blanks are what make the characters so compelling. Shortland is a terrific Aussie director so I will be quietly confident. Does this mean they are going to CG Scarlet like they have Sam Jackson?

Completely agree, I hate filling in the blanks. The blanks are what make the characters so compelling. Shortland is a terrific Aussie director so I will be quietly confident. Does this mean they are going to CG Scarlet like they have Sam Jackson?

I was just about to say this, they would have to to get her to look even close to how she looked in Iron Man 2.

So the Black Widow movie has found its director:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...w-movie-be-directed-by-cate-shortland-1126708

But it is said to be a prequel set before the first Avengers film!

Have they not learned anything from Solo?

*sigh*

Well that's disappointing, a bit. I mean in the sense that Marvel - according to the article - was deliberately looking for female directors. IMO it's not the sex or color or whatever of the director that's important. FIRST thing needs to be story, and tone of the story. And the director or directors that can make it happen.

Although Marvel/Feige are pretty protective of their properties.

At least it's moving forward tho. I was hoping for a gritty, badass movie if this happened. With some Winter Soldier for sure, and Hawkeye. Or are they going to get a different cast - which IMO would suck. Too bad this won't be an R movie.

Well it sounded like Scarlett had a big say in the director she wanted, and likely wanted someone who could approach it from a more female perspective, the same way Patty Jenkins did with WW. Especially given how her character has been treated and overly sexualized by the male directors so far (ahem, Joss).

I agree though it would have been preferable to tell a more current story, instead of doing yet another origin.

Back