Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 points of articulation is the same as the first version minus the legs and chest. I’m not saying it’s a normal amount or a great amount but it’s not a statue. Those don’t move at all. This will have arm, head, hand and torso articulation. Just because the prototype doesn’t have that means nothing. This will have the same amount articulation as hulk or thanos. Don’t see those called statues.

I can't imagine it being very articulated though. At most you get some swivel, that's about it. If you want to consider that articulation, then go for it, but that's not the full-fledged articulation we're all used to with figures.

Its a Power Pose so I am not sure why you keep setting the expectation of it being a figure we are "used to".

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it seems like everyone that has v1 doesn't have it in any exciting poses anyways :dunno if it's just gunna go in a detolf in museum pose who cares.

Are calling my posing boring? Lol kidding.

I have mine in a simple pose because of the space it takes up. Having it more dynamic I don’t really have the room for.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it seems like everyone that has v1 doesn't have it in any exciting poses anyways :dunno if it's just gunna go in a detolf in museum pose who cares.

Thing is MASSIVE. I had it in some cool poses when i got it but it's behind glass now and my curio would have to be about a foot deeper to do the same poses with it. There is a lot you can do with V1 even in a museum pose with it opening, gauntlets, hands, etc.

Just watched IW again and this one REALLY should have been be able to do a repulsor pose.

Ah interesting. Well there's still time for exactly that. I think the vast majority would still museum pose this thing anyways so not sure power pose is that huge a detriment. I still prefer the V1 design anyways so if I ever hunt one down im going for that one.

Ah interesting. Well there's still time for exactly that. I think the vast majority would still museum pose this thing anyways so not sure power pose is that huge a detriment. I still prefer the V1 design anyways so if I ever hunt one down im going for that one.

I have nothing against the PP. V1 and this both have their place. I think if your a hard core IM nut (like me) you have to have V1 but if you just like the look and don't want to spend stupid money this is perfect. I have had the SS comiquette hulkbuster for about 6 years and i still like it even though it only has one pose. So this will work for the majority of people out there.

6 points of articulation is the same as the first version minus the legs and chest. I’m not saying it’s a normal amount or a great amount but it’s not a statue. Those don’t move at all. This will have arm, head, hand and torso articulation. Just because the prototype doesn’t have that means nothing. This will have the same amount articulation as hulk or thanos. Don’t see those called statues.

The arms may as well not be movable since the elbows are permanently bent in that position.

Hey Motux, what he said - there's no elbow articulation, so it will NOT be on par with Hulk & Thanos. Those also bend at the knees & have ankle joints. You're correct, this isn't a statue, but I think you went a bridge too far with your argument. :lecture

Nope. they would have had to included another arm (or two) with the hand for the repulsor look.

Actually right now we don’t know. The proto appears to be a static piece just for display. But the production piece very well could have elbow and shoulder bend. And given the way they worded what it can do it seems likely that the elbow and shoulders will be jointed. Given they stated the “arms” are articulated and didn’t say shoulders.

Hey Motux, what he said - there's no elbow articulation, so it will NOT be on par with Hulk & Thanos. Those also bend at the knees & have ankle joints. You're correct, this isn't a statue, but I think you went a bridge too far with your argument. :lecture

As I said above there is nothing that says the elbows will be fixed. If you basing what it does on the proto and photos then it has zero articulation, as that’s what’s shown.

As for the hulk/thanos..yes those have leg articulation, but no torso articulation. Which this is stated to have. So hulk has leg articulation and this has torso articulation. So yes, hulk has more points by one or two but that’s a prettt minor difference when you(well others) are calling one an action figure and one a statue.

Again, what it does in the photos and the way the proto looks is not indicative of what they said the production piece would do. Assuming that it’s elbow won’t bend because it’s not show ignores the fact it also doesn’t show head or shoulder or torso articulation in the same material but it’s stated and accepted it does all that.

Last edited:
Actually right now we don’t know. The proto appears to be a static piece just for display. But the production piece very well could have elbow and shoulder bend. And given the way they worded what it can do it seems likely that the elbow and shoulders will be jointed. Given they stated the “arms” are articulated and didn’t say shoulders.

True. I was just going by how they did the PP MK42 and 43. 42 had the leg to switch out and the 43 had the hands for the repulsor look

It’s possible. But right now we just don’t have any indication that’s the case, or anything else is really. Just that they said it’s arms, body, wrists and head will be articulated. That sounds like everything but the legs. It’s the opposite of the AoU hulk smash torso swap version.

Until an actual prototype of the articulated version is done it’s just guessing, and not even educated ones really. Lol the version we have seen so far is more a mock up then a proto.

The description states 6 points of articulation (arms, wrist, waist, and head). If the elbow is an articulation point, then the shoulder would not be. Hulk and Thanos descriptions state 20 points of articulation - all the same ones this figure has, plus 14 more.

Yes, 20 points of articulation including the fingers, knees, hips. We have no idea how they count these points of articulation. Could be shoulder is one, elbow is two, wrist is three, head is four, waist is five, with one being a double joint(head). Or yes, it plus be they count shoulder(s) as two, head as a third, wrist as four and five and torso as six. But we don’t know. They didn’t list whichever areas are going to be articulated or how it’s counted. Again, we just don’t know. And given they don’t yet have a prototype that does any of it it’s hard to say what will or won’t be. You can believe one way or another, but there’s equal evidence either way.

If the figure has articulated arms, waist and head and wrists the only part that GoTG thanos has that’s more is his legs. His ankles I believe where considered articulated but don’t actually do anything to enhance any pose. Hulks arms are so poorly articulated they had to include a second torso to have him raise his arms. The difference between this figure, based on what hot toys said, and the thanos or hulk is much smaller then the difference between hulk/thanos and any other iron man or normal figure. Even at the stated 20 (remember that includes fingers) points there’s 14 between hb2 and thanos, and 20 plus between thanos and mk50 iron man.

So the point I’ve been attempting, and clearly failing, to make is that we don’t know what areas are articulated specifically, but based on their description it’s hulk or thanos without leg articulation.

Ordered at Alteregocomics. I had $50 in rewards so this huge fig for under $400 is a no brainer, so excited to get this after passing on v1. I liked v1 but was honestly afraid of dumping that much on one figure...especially with Hot Toys quality control issues and materials history. I am still upset about the Burton Batmobile QC issues and the fact Sideshow refused to replace it, only offered a refund, which I took.

Ordered at Alteregocomics. I had $50 in rewards so this huge fig for under $400 is a no brainer, so excited to get this after passing on v1. I liked v1 but was honestly afraid of dumping that much on one figure...especially with Hot Toys quality control issues and materials history. I am still upset about the Burton Batmobile QC issues and the fact Sideshow refused to replace it, only offered a refund, which I took.

The v1 was one of the better releases. Haven't heard any complaints about it. Really a must-have figure.

The v1 was one of the better releases. Haven't heard any complaints about it. Really a must-have figure.
No complaints yet...remember many of Hot Toys materials issues develop over what I would consider a relatively short period of time. Stress cracks on the Iron Monger hips didn't develop until after a couple years. With the weight of the v1 Buster ot's only a matter of time and pressure on those joints. It's just physics. I don't have any faith in Hot Toys "engineers". Stress cracks, wrist peg breaks, pink parts, pleathers crumbling, rubber arms/suits melting at room temp. I know these things aren't gonna last forever, but I have sold off many of the high risk figures. I just personally have a limit om what I want to spend on something that could crumble on display in a short period. Hot Toys is not know for using the best materials. They seem more concerned on volume of releases and raising prices.

I have been buying them since the beginning with the George Lucas Director figure and the unlicensed Neo, both of which I still have and show no signs of deterioration. Even their rubber bendy hands are ok.

Back