1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all might as well get a museum pose statue so you don't have to worry about the inevitable gaps on a figure with articulation.

It's not about the gaps but the overall form of the figure when it is in a plain standing, arms on the side, museum pose. Nobody fusses about the form when the figure is dynamically posed. As a matter of fact, the figure looks better when it is dynamically posed.

It's not about the gaps but the overall form of the figure when it is in a plain standing, arms on the side, museum pose. Nobody fusses about the form when the figure is dynamically posed. As a matter of fact, the figure looks better when it is dynamically posed.

Agreed! Yeah it looks like the shape of it (although subtle) is different from the proto. In my opinion the minute differences make big differences. Still, even then, this looks like a very good figure.

Though, I don't mind having my figures plain standing straight (I'm not much of a poser too lol), for me just seeing them there with all of their presence and detail is immaculate.

The BD version prototype had the changes that they made to the regular release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BD version prototype had the changes that they made to the regular release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some changes are present on the BD prototype and now that I'm looking at it again, the body shape/form on the BD prototype is the same on the regular retail release. It's obvious now that the BD prototype is less "muscular."

I wonder if anybody if anybody noticed that before. The silhouette change is slight but really makes a difference.

Finally got mine in today, lucked out with no qc issues :clap I have to say... I effin love this guy!! Its my first IM figure so I handled it like fine China lol but I don't think it looks bad in a museum-esque pose. The camera exaggerates some of the proportions, but in person i think it looks pretty stellar!

Attachments

• 20210301_162730.jpg
    20210301_162730.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 296
The BD being less bulky than the clean version doesn't seem like a good thing. The regular mark 85 isn't bulky enough as it is. HT has a lot of making up to do after the mark 85 release :( Hopefully they get this one right.

The BD being less bulky than the clean version doesn't seem like a good thing. The regular mark 85 isn't bulky enough as it is. HT has a lot of making up to do after the mark 85 release :( Hopefully they get this one right.

Wait the 85 isn’t considered “bulky” ? I serious think is built like a damn tank..

I'm glad you like it. But for me there are too many changes from the proto to production and not the good kind of changes. Compare the proto pics we were shown right up until release on the last page.

It really shouldn?t be bulky, as it?s nanotech. It?s closer to the body, like the Mark 50. The last on the bulky armors are pre-Infinity War.

It really shouldn?t be bulky, as it?s nanotech. It?s closer to the body, like the Mark 50. The last on the bulky armors are pre-Infinity War.

I'm not saying it should be bulkier than the older suits. It shouldn't be. I'm taking about the proportions of the figure and how they're way off compared to the proto which was more accurate and looked a hell of a lot cooler.

Seriously, who would prefer this...
hot_toys_iron_man_mark_85_firs_1608777571_22c8edfb_progressive.jpg

Over this!
20210302_235426.jpg

That had it right and they ****ed it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-234906_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-234906_Samsung Internet.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 374
Those are wonderful photos! Is the figure stock?
Yes. As others have noted, the best way to get a good look out of this figure is to do a dynamic pose. The various criticisms of the figure are really felt in standing/museum poses.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yes. As others have noted, the best way to get a good look out of this figure is to do a dynamic pose. The various criticisms of the figure are really felt in standing/museum poses.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Fook, this is one of the best, if not the best, pieces of advice for displaying this figure. Standing straight up, with weapons, without weapons or even flying boringly this figure doesn’t even crack my top favorite 15 DIECAST armor list (and I have a couple HPP suits firmly in my top 10 overall) but going ham on a dynamic fighting type pose and boom, it soars up the list for me.

Thank you for posting a wonderful truth nugget Saintv1.

Great photos, Saintv1!

Has anyone still not gotten theirs from Sideshow? It's officially in stock now.

I'm still waiting for it. It's on "preparing to ship" for a week now . . . . . . .
Stuff used to get shipped as soon as the last payment went through. And two days later it would be on my doorstep. Guess those days are over . . . .

Back