1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you have that gap between the the shoulders and traps. Are you able to move the shoulder plates to close the gaps yet maintain that the same silhouette?
Yes, although I would have to raise the arms up and out a bit. I like the way they hang here, so I am fine with that very slight gap.

Yes, although I would have to raise the arms up and out a bit. I like the way they hang here, so I am fine with that very slight gap.

If you wouldn't mind can you just take a quick snap of what it would look like with that gap closed and the arms moved out a bit? Thanks!

If you wouldn't mind can you just take a quick snap of what it would look like with that gap closed and the arms moved out a bit? Thanks!

Ask and you shall receive:
PXL_20210227_085252567.PORTRAIT.jpg

Here's my unmodded Mark 85. Did the best I could to close the gaps between 3 different points: traps, chest, bicep.

mark 85.jpg

That doesn't look half bad. But HT screwed up on the shoulder shape. They should be more rounded to close the gap at the bottom where they meet the arm.

View attachment 507451

I actually don't think this is HT's fault...yes, shocking, I'm actually coming to their defense! :horror

I think the CGI was just inconsistent throughout the movie...yeah his traps look massive during the end, but earlier in the movie his traps are not nearly that huge. Seems like HT went with the most common look of the suit, which is the one without the big 'ol traps.

EUQCuhMXkAUDoNF.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I actually don't think this is HT's fault...yes, shocking, I'm actually coming to their defense! :horror

I think the CGI was just inconsistent throughout the movie...yeah his traps look massive during the end, but earlier in the movie his traps are not nearly that huge. Seems like HT went with the most common look of the suit, which is the one without the big 'ol traps.

EUQCuhMXkAUDoNF.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Your right, there are inconsistencies. HT should have just stuck with the prototype. Even then the traps could be better. But what we got is a huge downgrade overall :gah:
maxresdefault.jpg
hot_toys__avengers_endgame__ir_1609474041_75186d62_progressive-1.jpg

Yeah the general shape of the upper body and the way the shoulder pads look like they can blend more seamlessly into the body look better on the prototype. Who knows why they felt the need to change it.

Yeah the general shape of the upper body and the way the shoulder pads look like they can blend more seamlessly into the body look better on the prototype. Who knows why they felt the need to change it.

The details on the armor in the movie are different from the prototype. They changed it to be accurate but somehow Hot Toys didn't maintain the prototype's silhouette which is disappointing. Did Hot Toys ever tease the final product prior to release or has it always been the prototype shown and then it was bait and switch on release?

The details on the armor in the movie are different from the prototype. They changed it to be accurate but somehow Hot Toys didn't maintain the prototype's silhouette which is disappointing. Did Hot Toys ever tease the final product prior to release or has it always been the prototype shown and then it was bait and switch on release?

Major bait and switch :mad: The pics of the proto above were what we saw right up until the figure was released. We got taken this time boys :(
60163225_2229015993852036_7576959073050719397_n-5407222895.jpg

Y'all might as well get a museum pose statue so you don't have to worry about the inevitable gaps on a figure with articulation.

Back