1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just reposing the Mark 85 and when I finished, I found 2 tiny red shiny flecks on my desk. I looked over the figure, particularly the joints that I was moving, and didn't find anything amiss. :dunno

I thought people were liking the Mk 85... now there's tons of issues?

Could be later batches having QC issues. It?s also a given that when more people have the figure in their hands, the more problems are going to be found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more people have the figure in their hands, the more problems are going to be found

Could not be truer...

But when 1,000 people have something and only a few people with problems are the only people posting, the problem can seem greater than it is. Just curious how prevalent these problems are.

Could not be truer...

But when 1,000 people have something and only a few people with problems are the only people posting, the problem can seem greater than it is. Just curious how prevalent these problems are.

True, I feel like the most common problem I?ve seen is random scuff marks on the face plate but I?ve seen a few people have loose torso bits although that one doesn?t seem too common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just reposing the Mark 85 and when I finished, I found 2 tiny red shiny flecks on my desk. I looked over the figure, particularly the joints that I was moving, and didn't find anything amiss. :dunno

Same experience, 2 red paint flakes but I cannot find any issues at all after moving the figure around...

Managed to snag a Tony headsculpt from a guy on Ebay and it arrived yesterday. Very impressive. Like all great heads, it requires natural lighting to make it pop.
I definitely see Tony in it. I reckon the hair shape is off, and also the colour. And it's so far off that it can throw off the likeness. But he has the "old man neck" thing going on, so it's definitely older Tony, but i think the rest of the face and the eyes are sculpted as an earlier version of Tony. Comparing it to screen grabs of IM1, it's clear to see they intended this as a love letter sendoff to one of their biggest sellers. It might be that we see Tony again in the MCU(Probably via flashback), but this sculpt was definitely an effort to show him in his best possibly light.
RDJ's face has fractionally changed in the last 13 years, but they have gone for an earlier look for his face.
The one criticism i have is that it's a bit too large, by about 15%. And that's only because i bought it intending to use it on a civilian costume. I can make it work by using a taller body, but i can't use it displayed with other figures if they are too close.
I am hoping to be able to take some pics of it in good lighting though.

QC issues aside, I'm having fun with this figure. PXL_20210226_132553610.PORTRAIT.jpg

Nice. It?s a lovely pose. And I live that shade of gold paint they used.
What problems have you had with it?

Only that the guantlet wasn't glued together and came apart when I unboxed it. I posted a picture of that earlier in the thread. Oh, and one of the shoulders doesn't extend outward fully, the arm pops out of it's socket if I pull on it instead of extending.

The more I see such great poses or posing videos in Youtube, the more I think figures should always be posed on the shelves :D

Good job!

Thanks! Obviously people are free to display their figures however they want, but I know it would drive me crazy and feel like I wasn't getting my money's worth if they were all just standing perfectly straight and rigid next to each other.

It is hard sometimes to decide. Some figures look great in a simple museum pose -- like cab757's pic above -- while at the same time davejames very dynamic, just-lifting-off and firing pose is outstanding.

Personally, I never use stands so I am inclined to have more museum poses than I should. The one benefit is having more room on the shelf... the down side is having more room on the shelf and tending to crowd my figures. Also, the uniformity of museum posing can get repetitive so that nothing but color stands out.

It is hard sometimes to decide. Some figures look great in a simple museum pose -- like cab757's pic above -- while at the same time davejames very dynamic, just-lifting-off and firing pose is outstanding.

Personally, I never use stands so I am inclined to have more museum poses than I should. The one benefit is having more room on the shelf... the down side is having more room on the shelf and tending to crowd my figures. Also, the uniformity of museum posing can get repetitive so that nothing but color stands out.

True. It really depends on the pose or the character. There are museum poses, and there are museum poses.

But I think one could do some minimum bending with the arms or legs so the figure at least doesn't stand there like right out of the box. It's like davejames said, you would waste the potential of a figure that way...

I am halfway done with the shoulder mod. It's not as scary as it seems, but it can be tough to pry some parts apart that are glued together. So be careful if you are trying. I also made the mistake of separating the wrong side of the shoulder disk. So I had to separate both. At least the seam it creates is not noticable once it's all together.

Here's a comparison shot: PXL_20210227_034942737.jpg

Here is the completed mod. Ended up snapping one of the 2 pegs holding the screw cover in place. The glue was too strong. Doesn't matter anyways because I glued it all back together when I was done. I think it was worth it.

PXL_20210227_043847920.PORTRAIT (2).jpg

Here is the completed mod. Ended up snapping one of the 2 pegs holding the screw cover in place. The glue was too strong. Doesn't matter anyways because I glued it all back together when I was done. I think it was worth it.

View attachment 507375

Now you have that gap between the the shoulders and traps. Are you able to move the shoulder plates to close the gaps yet maintain that the same silhouette?

Back